Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6069509 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24885 on: February 23, 2021, 05:05:02 am »
So keeping busy yoga in studio today ! Was good but I’m going to be sore tomorrow. Had lunch with yoga friend ,a whole year has passed since we last did this ! Rang DM , things are getting hard , her ankles were very swollen she visited the GP today , fluid also in her body lungs and heart so tablets to reduce this . Thus I’m feeling the pull from everything today , but chin up and positive thoughts . Crossing my fingers that DD is all good too.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24886 on: February 23, 2021, 06:28:28 am »
I'm sure DD is very good KAtie. Its hard when your DM isn't well, and its very sad to see them go downhill.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24887 on: February 24, 2021, 09:11:45 pm »
K Atie, big step for kids starting Uni. Our G D soon found some other kids from Ballarat living in same College.  She also was apprehensive. They linked up and went shopping.  The shared kitchen seems to be the hub. 
Sorry to hear your Mum is not well.
Yesterday I went shopping for food.  Should last 2 weeks.  While I was shopping Ral cleaned out chook shed.
Again another nice young man helped me with my shopping trolley.  I’m always surprised as I don’t think I look so old. Probably need a reality check.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24888 on: February 24, 2021, 09:25:28 pm »
DD will be fine had a few text messages and a quick call their schedule is full on we did meet kids we knew at college too . Managed to get together with our quilting group yesterday , only five allowed, we planed for this years charity quilt . Last night DH needed help bring home the semi truck ( the other day it was a three hour return trip ) lucky I only had to give a lift but we got home at 9.30 pm , bonus a nice drive and not a bad sunset . Still have a fire truck and field bins that are full of grain to bring back ! 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24889 on: February 25, 2021, 09:43:45 pm »
Still nice and cool.  Bit of gardening, bit of baking.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24890 on: March 05, 2021, 02:19:20 pm »
Squeezed a lot into today , picked DD up from uni , did a few jobs , even went to Ikea , trolly full , flat pack bedside table for DD uni , a clothes horse too .Tried to get a quick bite to eat for lunch too ages as shops so busy no car parks . Visited DM , my DSS is staying with her at the moment so I had the catch up of all her timetable medicines and how we are getting around all the hiccups that have been going on. DS had a Orthapidic appointment to check on his collarbone, all good slowly healing back to most sports with caution. He had a cat scan as wired as this sounds his legs are different in length and one is slimmer than the other !! How can he get to this age and we only discovered now . Nice meal together at mums

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24891 on: March 05, 2021, 10:57:30 pm »
Good question K Atie, you’d have thought someone would have noticed the difference in DS’s legs.  Question is, what can they do about it?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24892 on: March 06, 2021, 08:05:53 am »
Gosh KAtie, you think someone would have picked this up earlier for you. A friend is the same. His was from his hip.  (He is over 65 now)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24893 on: March 06, 2021, 08:57:48 am »
Had a hectic day today, but the highlight was a quick visit to Chookie and Mr Chookie - as expected, I stayed way longer than I anticipated but had such a lovely visit with them ... and to top it off, I came away with loads of lovely goodies and many ideas for what to do with apples and green tomatoes!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24894 on: March 06, 2021, 11:26:02 am »
Another lovely visit Marina.
Today I defrosted and re-organised the drawers in my freezer.  Again I will have to start living out of the freezer and not cook anymore meals.  I did make some more soup to put in there today but that will be the last for a while.  Last night’s Uber delivery was a bit hit and miss, I was able to eat half the sweet corn soup but the Singapore noodles with veggie dish was too spicy for me. It wasn’t wasted though, I turned it into a Laksa this morning and it was really nice - 4 more packs for the freezer.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24895 on: March 06, 2021, 07:33:32 pm »
Good adaptation, Judy, I would never have thought of making Laksa with that.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24896 on: March 06, 2021, 09:52:16 pm »
Wow, what a-day yesterday. First a visit from lovely Marina who brought lots of nice jars and chocolates. We are so comfortable together it is a shame we can’t spend more time together.
Just as Marina was leaving the Bee man arrived. He added an extra box to the hive as it is full of honey.  He always leaves a full box so that the Bees have some to use if the season isn’t good. He isn’t charging us the rent and service fee in future as he said our bees require very little attention. We will still get our share of honey. 
As he was leaving , our nice neighbour from across the road arrived. He brought some cake his wife had baked.  He offered to fix a kitchen drawer that was sticking. He had afternoon tea and left with a couple of fresh buns.
Then DD arrived. She was escaping from a house full of pizza eating Basket Ball players.  All over 6 feet tall. ( GS is 6’4”)
I did 6 bottles of apples as I watched the TV.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24897 on: March 06, 2021, 11:24:07 pm »
A very social day Chookie.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24898 on: March 07, 2021, 06:23:26 am »
Gosh Chookie I would have been worn out from all the visitors. I do love unexpected visitors though.
Not a lot happening here today. I had a lovely sleep in until the Corellas came to invade the olives from the olive tree outside our bedroom window.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24899 on: March 07, 2021, 06:38:14 pm »
Corellas are such noisy birds, they like to make their presence felt.

Today we have a friend coming to visit whom we haven't seen for years.  He's a very accomplished guitar maker, but is wanting to make a cello next so he and DH will be taking over the kitchen table with plans and notes ... I shall disappear to some other part of the house and leave them in peace.