Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131156 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #13215 on: February 26, 2014, 11:05:40 pm »
Oh BZB - where did you find it then? I'd love one of those plants.

When we were in KL we had the most amazing nibblies (?? can't think what it was called now) where there was a plate of tiny pieces of assorted goodies like peanuts, dried prawns, chilli, lime etc etc and you put a little bit of everything on the betel leaf and topped it with chilli sauce, wrapped it up and ate it. It was soooooo yummy! I was hoping to get fresh or frozen leaves, but have not been able to find them  :(

Thanks Cookie and CC  - the old boy is ok. He just doesn't drink enough water and ended up with compaction colic (human constipation!) Not nice and he had a big belly ache. After the vet gave him about 8 litres of oil, water and electrolytes, he started pooping again and seems ok now. I just need to keep a closer eye on him.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #13216 on: February 26, 2014, 11:37:54 pm »
Nikkit, that's Mein Kum. A Thai appetiser that I love, love, love.

Bought the plant at an Asian grocery at Market City, Canning Vale.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: February 27, 2014, 03:05:42 am »
Today.... I have had new drapes delivered and hung in 2 bedrooms, just finished washing and rehanging the last of the other rooms in the house's drapes.  :D :D (These new ones were promised delivery before Christmas last year......or did they maybe mean this year?) So all are looking good now.
Also have cleaned the walls in miss4&3's room as the young darling decided her nice white walls made an excellent canvas for her stamp set.... >:(  All clean now.  :)
Washing, dishes, vacuuming, etc...general daily chores.

School girls at school, 2 littlies asleep.... ;D Having a rest with my feet up now.  :o  Lazy as?! :-)) 
And looking through my new TM book (in German)[ Kochen und Backen für Kinder = Cooking and Baking for Children] & translating to English [thanx Google Translate] - have done 4 recipes so far.  :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:09:14 am by astarra »
:D

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: February 27, 2014, 03:35:14 am »
You're amazing, Astarra!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: February 27, 2014, 03:49:48 am »
Oh BZB - where did you find it then? I'd love one of those plants.

When we were in KL we had the most amazing nibblies (?? can't think what it was called now) where there was a plate of tiny pieces of assorted goodies like peanuts, dried prawns, chilli, lime etc etc and you put a little bit of everything on the betel leaf and topped it with chilli sauce, wrapped it up and ate it. It was soooooo yummy! I was hoping to get fresh or frozen leaves, but have not been able to find them  :(

Thanks Cookie and CC  - the old boy is ok. He just doesn't drink enough water and ended up with compaction colic (human constipation!) Not nice and he had a big belly ache. After the vet gave him about 8 litres of oil, water and electrolytes, he started pooping again and seems ok now. I just need to keep a closer eye on him.

So sorry about poor horsey. Also sorry about the vet bill.

You could use lettuce leaves for the Thai appetizers.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: February 27, 2014, 04:02:02 am »
Is betel leak related to betel nut or betel quid. A tobacco like plant the chewing of which is associated with an increase in oral cancer?

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:27 am »
I'm bed resting today after yesterday's delights. Nothing alarming from the tests. My youngest had a reaction to getting sunscreen in his eyes at day care yesterday and had a bad night coughing so he stayed home with me today. My husband is on carer's leave hiding in the shed so I am making a point of not doing ANY housework. The little one is sleeping and I want to bake but dare not.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: February 27, 2014, 04:16:01 am »
at work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: February 27, 2014, 05:02:32 am »
Not the biggest bill I've had with him Gert.  :-)) Sshh don't tell hubby though - there are some things he doesn't need to know!

I had thought of using lettuce Gert, but the betel leaf gave your mouth a pleasant numb feeling!

Thanks BZB - I couldn't remember the name of it. Most amazing flavours that just go POW in your mouth!
I'll get my Mum to keep an eye out for that plant for me, she goes to those markets on the odd occasion.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: February 27, 2014, 06:54:44 am »
Not the biggest bill I've had with him Gert.  :-)) Sshh don't tell hubby though - there are some things he doesn't need to know!

I had thought of using lettuce Gert, but the betel leaf gave your mouth a pleasant numb feeling!

Thanks BZB - I couldn't remember the name of it. Most amazing flavours that just go POW in your mouth!
I'll get my Mum to keep an eye out for that plant for me, she goes to those markets on the odd occasion.

My numb lips are sealed Nikkit. 

You could probably buy one on line or if BZB's takes off she might send a shoot  to you

Theresa just lie low and take a break.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: February 27, 2014, 10:43:19 am »
Just said goodbye to my DB and SIL after staying the night with us.

I hope you are up and baking soon Thermesa :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: February 27, 2014, 11:37:59 am »
Enjoy the rest Thermesa.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: February 27, 2014, 11:54:07 am »
DH and I are over in Sydney visiting DD2 & DS, DD1 from Melbourne is here too and we're all staying with DS. Tonight we had Halexs lamb spice rub in forequarters with a salad and garlic bread. We then had Apple crumble with caramel custard for dessert. I've marinated a lamb leg from QFEC in preparation for tomorrow night. Just a little tired after a day and a half without sleep after catching midnight horror planes. Tomorrow will be good. Rain here, Perth having a heat wave. Had to buy an umbrella and as usual when travelling DH and are are dressed opposite to the locals - talk about unprepared  :-))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: February 27, 2014, 12:03:13 pm »
Doesn't matter CP you are with family having fun and I hope a glass or two

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: February 27, 2014, 12:18:06 pm »
Enjoy the time with the family.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/