Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131459 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11940 on: December 15, 2013, 08:01:48 pm »
Yes indeed a prettily set up table ES. 'Twas a nice lunch.

Dede you do not need any more hassel. Hope the car is just at minor thing.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: December 15, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
Well, I just went and talked to the principal about DS's class for next year.  I'll know for sure by the end of the day, but fingers crossed they are going to move him in to the class with his friends.  If they say no, I'll have to go back and have a few more words, because I won't be happy about it!!  Especially as I did go and talk to both of his teachers (separately, so two different conversations), so they can't pull the "if only you'd told us sooner" card on me.  And, yes, I can understand that the numbers are a factor, but so is my son's wellbeing and learning - being left in a class without his friends again is not my idea of an ideal learning environment.  (excuse my ranting - I just don't like to see my baby upset, and it makes me mad/upset too)

ES, that looks like a lovely way to spend a day! 
We had a busy Christmassy day yesterday too - lunch with friends/work associates, and then out to afternoon tea at the BIL & SIL's place as they are going away for Christmas. 
Looking forward to seeing my mum and sister this Friday before they go off to other places for Chrissy too (Mum to my brother's, and sis to her DH's family).

Dede, would love to see some progress photos of the caravan at some stage...or are you waiting for a big reveal at the end?  :D 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: December 15, 2013, 08:15:47 pm »
Jo, I had my daughter moved into a class with all her friends. she would have been on her own with 2 kids she does not like..
Hope it works out for you.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: December 15, 2013, 08:35:24 pm »
I just can hardly believe it happened in the first place - this other class has his entire miniball team (except the one younger kid who is in a different year), including his 3 best friends, plus all the kids we know from his pre-school days at playcentre, plus the kids his age that live really close to us, so we walk to/from school with.  How come he's off on his own!?  >:( 
His whole little "community" is in that one class, and he's not!!  (blah blah blah - I'll stop for now....will post when I know for sure what the story is)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:48 pm »
I wish you every success Jo in getting our DS into a class with his friends.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: December 15, 2013, 08:57:45 pm »
Hoping you are successful Jo would be nice if they could all be together  :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: December 15, 2013, 09:16:45 pm »
Jo....good on you & stand your ground  ;)
What grade is he in?  Our school up until grade 4 I think, made sure they had at least 2 friends in the class with them...especially in the early grades, not being with a friend has an impact....even if they meet up at play or lunch time, they still feel segregated & on the outer.
Good luck  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: December 15, 2013, 10:40:53 pm »
My Daughter said she would take next year off school, if she was not in with all her friends.
The acting principal just changed her back for me.  simple as a phone call. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: December 15, 2013, 10:58:21 pm »
Good luck with the move of DS Jo.  At GD's school, like many others, they ask who you would like to be with and likewise ask the parents if there are any kids you would not like your child to be with either.  There was one lad who was a bad influence on my GS and after 5 almost perfect years of behaviour, DD was tearing her hair out.  Speaking with the teacher, she was given the opportunity to ask that they be separated next year and if DD hadn't suggested this lad, the teacher had her own list of recommendations anyway and his name was on her list.  To isolate 1 lad from all his team mates and friends really needs to have the reason why explained to you Jo.  Good luck with it.

Robyn, I don't think kids can have a gap year at your DD's age but it was worth the threat  ;D

Hope the car problem is only a minor one Mandi.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: December 15, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
Jo I hope everything works out it is not nice when they are separated from friends  :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: December 16, 2013, 12:31:36 am »
Good luck with the having your son moved Jo, it's always hard when one gets separated.

Dede, as everyone else has said you need to make yourself your number 1 priority and say no - easier said that done I know but good luck with it and hope you car troubles aren't anything serious.

We've had a morning of extreme lows and highs - VCE results came out this morning and DD needed a 30 in Engllish as the final step in acceptance into her course. On first looking at the website, she only got 27.65, lots of tears later and she had another look and she was looking at the wrong number and her score was actually 30!!! So we are now 99.99% sure that her place is confirmed but hoping the university responds to our email with confirmation of the correct score to be used today. It's such a hard time for them after all the hard work.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: December 16, 2013, 12:57:17 am »
Whew Wonder! Congrats to your DD. We don't find anything out until late December here.

Hugs Dede. Stay strong.

Good Luck with your son and school Jo, stick to your guns.

Has been a busy week or so here. Miss 17 got 2 jobs, and as of tomorrow is going to learn how to juggle both of them! So very proud of her.

I haven't been able to tell anyone as everyone I know has kids that go to the same school, but I am bursting with pride and have to let it all out...My Miss 12 is Dux of Year 6 this year. OMG!! We officially don't find this out til tomorrow, but I just can't keep it in any longer! I know I will have tears of pride tomorrow, any suggestions on how to not bawl like a baby when my daughter goes up to get her award???

SSSHHHHH its a secret - please don't tell anyone!  ;D

They're my highs, and a couple of lows as well. My Grandma died last week and then a day later my Great Uncle as well, so 2 funerals this week. But after over 90 years for the both of them I guess it is time to go, so I'm ok with it all. We will celebrate my Grandma's life tomorrow, so I am currently trying to get some words together for the celebrant to say. Not too sure how to pack 90 odd years into about 3 minutes!!

Then I would like things to settle down and cool down. We've had 3 days over 40-43 degrees with another one today, so would like it a tad cooler please. Don't like it when it is this hot.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: December 16, 2013, 01:17:20 am »
Nikkit big hugs on your losses. I feel for you.

Now enormous congratulations for breeding a Dux.. It is so wonderful for you both. I have no hints about stopping the tears. I just let 'em flow and wiped them away happily. That is truly wonderful news.

Miss17 sounds lovely. Well done on the two jobs. It is spooky when the results come out. Years ago it was about 27 th Dec. is it still round that time?

Wonder I am so glad your DD scored her 30. It is a stressful for time for the entire family.

Ladies I feel for you with your children in classes where they will not be happy. A helpful hint for next heat from the other side if I may. Put  your request in writing well before classes are made up. If it is in writing they can have it there in front of them when the class is made up. Also keep a copy and hand deliver the letter so there can be no 'I didn't receive it. '. One for the teachers involved and one for the principal.
I hope your request is done Jo.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: December 16, 2013, 01:35:34 am »
Nikkit and wonder we are proud too. Fantastic .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: December 16, 2013, 01:54:53 am »
Congratulations to your daughters Wonder and Nikkit.  Very proud moments for you.  Don't worry about those tears.