Author Topic: Sago plum pudding  (Read 4636 times)

Offline Abigail

• View Profile
Sago plum pudding
« on: December 29, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »
Hi everyone, Can you please tell me if it is possible to make a sago plum pudding in the Tmx?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sago plum pudding
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »
Yes Abigail, there is a recipe in the Gluten Free book, pge 64 if you have it.  If not, I can pm you with the recipe - just let me know.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »
I love sago but don't have it very often as no-one else in the family likes it. I was brought up in a house of my parents, aunts, grandmother and great grandmother so we ate lots of old-style meals and a lot of what we ate my husband has never heard of. His mother was a meat and veg type cook and so his knowledge of food was very limited until he met me. I have tried to introduce some things but they're really not interested. All turned their nose up at junket and said it was the most disgusting thing - up there with sago they think.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »
Sago plum puddings are different though Twitterpated - there is only 4 tblspns sago in them.  I used to make the Women's Weekly ones for my SIL after his Grandmother died as she always did them for her family but DD & SIL haven't been home for Christmas for a few years now and no-one else is keen on pudding in hot weather. I haven't actually done the GF one but should do and freeze them for winter desserts.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:00 am »
I love sago plum pudding. In fact try sago (cooled) with coconut cream and liquify some palm sugar. It is amazing. It is an Indian dish but I don't know what it's called. We were introduced to it in Singapore at a restaurant.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 08:15:35 am »
I realised that they probably didn't have much sago in them but they sounded nice anyway.

We had the same dessert in Singapore Cookie.  ;D