Author Topic: Raspberry & white chocolate truffles  (Read 5697 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Raspberry & white chocolate truffles
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:53:55 am »
This is a recipe from the UK book (Fast and Easy Cooking - I really recommend it) in response to a request which was PMd to me.  I know that not everyone is able to get this book, so I'm going to post a couple of chocolate truffle recipes from it.  I think I must be approaching the limit of recipes I can morally (although there are a few more to go legally) post from this book, so I probably won't be doing any more after these.

This recipe comes from Andrew Feather, chef and chocolatier at Ryeburn in Helmsley.  It makes about 60.

50g single cream
150g sweetened condensed milk, eg Carnation
60g liquid glucose
600g white chocolate
50g tart raspberry puree
1.5 tsp raspberry liqueur

1.  Add cream and condensed milk to TM bowl.
2.  Insert butterfly whisk.  heat 3 mins / 90oC / speed 2
3.  Remove whisk.  Add glucose.  Blend a few seconds / speed 6 until well mixed in.
4.  Add puree.  Blend 30 secs / speed 6 until well mixed in.
5.  Scrape down sides.  Weigh in white chocolate.  Melt into mixture 3 mins / 37oC/ 2, adding the liqueur 30 secs before the end.  Pour the mixture into a plastic bag, seal and allow to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge overnight.
6.  Snip tip off one bottom corner of the plastic bag and pipe out small swirls onto greaseproof paper.  Leave to set in fridge.  Serve as is or 1 of 2 following finishes:

Dark Chocolate drizzle finish:

1.  Break 200g dark chocolate into pieces and put into TM bowl.  Melt 2 mins / 37oC / 2.  Pour into a plastic bag, seal and cool to room tmperature.  Snip a tiny bit off one bottom corner of bag, and pipe out over the truffles.  Cool in fridge to set the chocolate on the truffles.

Chocolate coating:

1.  Melt 200g broken pieces of chocolate 3-4 mins / 37oC / 2
2.  Add small pieces of same chocolate and stir 1 min / speed 2 until melted.  Pour mixture into a bowl and, wearing disposable gloves, dip the balls into the mixture, and just before you place them onto greaseproof paper, roll them about in your hand.  Gives an attractive rustic look.  Allow to set.  Repeat to get a thicker coating if you wish.

Tip:  Keep in cool place.  Consume within 2 weeks.  Can be frozen (with or without finishes) for up to 3 months.

members' comments

Flipper - I made this for Christmas and it was delicious.  Everyone loved it and I have added it to my recipe journal as a favourite!  Thankyou.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:18:24 am by judydawn »
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Raspberry & white chocolate truffles
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 11:05:19 am »
oooooooooooooooooohhhhh yummo!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:08:16 pm »
Thanks Caroline - hope you don't get into trouble
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:59:44 pm »
just printed it out for posterity and because it sounds delish
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Flipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 04:17:34 am »
I made this for Christmas and it was delicious.  Everyone loved it and I have added it to my recipe journal as a favorite!  Thankyou.
 ;D ;D