Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522955 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #5310 on: October 11, 2012, 12:41:31 am »
We bought 3 large wooden nutcracker figures from Myers Christmas display yesterday. One for us and one each for the girls so we all have a matching decoration in our house. 

DW is not happy about Christmas this year.  Youngest DD is not coming home.  This will be the first time that we haven't all been together for Christmas.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:09 am »
That happens Den, as they grow up.
It is nice to be together, but not always possible
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: October 11, 2012, 12:59:08 am »
I wish I had that enthusiasm for Xmas decorations, but all  I think about that is its a pain putting up and and a pain to put away. I enjoy others decorations so much more
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: October 11, 2012, 01:06:12 am »
Poor chickens/ducks - they start their lives in a cooker and end in the same way  ;D  So cute, are they that colour due to their breed? 

LOL...so true Judy  :P
yes, they are mainly dark as chicks then turn into the beautiful black with green shimmer.

Christmas in your house would be something to see maddy - a different theme every year, wherever do you find room to store last year's decorations?

I have a big shed  :P
I will rotate them all, so they will all see the light of Christmas at some point......I just can't resist buying more!  Xmas OCD I think  ;D

I wish I had that enthusiasm for Xmas decorations, but all  I think about that is its a pain putting up and and a pain to put away.

:P know what your saying puffs!
I love the lead up, the decorating, the planning....but loathe the removal of it all  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: October 11, 2012, 01:13:29 am »
They're gorgeous Maddy! When are the ducklings due? Can't wait to see them!  :)
Katie, Perth WA

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: October 11, 2012, 02:14:18 am »
good tooth fairy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08:10 am »
I'm afraid our Christmas for the last few years have been very fragmented.  Last year we had two Christmas dinners in 2 days as DS's could not both come on the same day.  They often take the work shift to allow the married men to be with their families.  It looks like it will be the same this year.

I wish I had that enthusiasm for Xmas decorations, but all  I think about that is its a pain putting up and and a pain to put away. I enjoy others decorations so much more
I am the same CP, I put up the cards, that is it.  If we had GC it would be different. 
With the tooth fairy, the tooth was put in water besides their bed.  I did not know there were tooth boxes available.  LOL
Marie

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: October 11, 2012, 08:08:46 am »
I'm afraid our Christmas for the last few years have been very fragmented.  Last year we had two Christmas dinners in 2 days as DS's could not both come on the same day.  They often take the work shift to allow the married men to be with their families.  It looks like it will be the same this year.

lp

It's sad that your family's Christmas is fragmented, but by the sounds of things you have really instilled the Christmas spirit to your DDs. That's really thoughtful of them to give up their special day for the sake if the happiness of others  :)  Hopefully it will turn out in the long run as a 'pay it forward' thing.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

mcmich

« Reply #5318 on: October 11, 2012, 08:20:58 am »

I wish I had that enthusiasm for Xmas decorations, but all  I think about that is its a pain putting up and and a pain to put away. I enjoy others decorations so much more
I am the same CP, I put up the cards, that is it.  If we had GC it would be different. 
With the tooth fairy, the tooth was put in water besides their bed.  I did not know there were tooth boxes available.  LOL
Marie
It happens Marie. I rarely have all the children together for Christmas Day. There are the inlaws etc. The good thing is that Christmas isn't just one day. There is Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and all the days leading up to New Year. Somewhere there we manage to get together. ;D

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:55 am »
I love everything about the Christmas season xx and I have the Maddy trait of not being able to resist buying more decorations each year!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:50:39 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: October 11, 2012, 11:22:33 am »
We did the tooth in a glass of water like Kathryn.

Our DD has volunteered to work Part of Christmas day this year so that people with children can have it off. I think it is really because her unfavourite aunt may turn up.  :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: October 11, 2012, 11:32:16 am »
Love your new avatar Robyn - glam girl shot.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:33 pm »
Today I bought a new S&P bread tin, a refillable gas match, a short bread mold and a star biscuit grist as tree kit.

mcmich

« Reply #5323 on: October 13, 2012, 05:50:26 am »
Bought 3 cookbooks, lots of pretty patty pans and a mini madeleine tin.

*suzanne*

« Reply #5324 on: October 13, 2012, 05:53:39 am »
I have been looking everywhere Michele for one of those tins,can I ask where you got it from please?