Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523116 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3510 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:16 am »
I know. My caketin cupboard is overflowing, and is better not to mention my biscuit cutter collection.

And it's all gert's fault for sending me to the Peter's of Kensington website. I have almost bought so much kitchen stuff from them. I have been really strong, but I can feel myself weakening....
I'm really temptedby the french green leather handbag, and the mini muffin tins and the micro plane herb gadget, and, and and.....
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: June 20, 2012, 11:36:27 am »
Here's one Snappy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: June 20, 2012, 11:49:09 am »
I know. My caketin cupboard is overflowing, and is better not to mention my biscuit cutter collection.

And it's all gert's fault for sending me to the Peter's of Kensington website. I have almost bought so much kitchen stuff from them. I have been really strong, but I can feel myself weakening....
I'm really temptedby the french green leather handbag, and the mini muffin tins and the micro plane herb gadget, and, and and.....

I love Peters.

I wonder if they have an aebleskiver pan? LOL!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: June 20, 2012, 11:54:40 am »
The things you learn in the shopping thread!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
If the microplane herb gadget is this one, you need to make sure that your herbs are dry, otherwise it won't work.  I have one but hardy use it as it is a pain trying to get the herbs dry enough after washing  :'(

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:43 pm »
Thanks Julia. That is the one I was looking at. I'll just chop my herbs in the TC Instead. Yay I love saving money on this forum!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

jakodai

« Reply #3516 on: June 20, 2012, 12:50:34 pm »
EmeraldSue, you are on the wrong thread for saving money...! lol

Today I received a Additive Alert that I'd bought on eBay the other day, I really want to try and go as additive free as possible now that I have my thermomix. I think it'll make a big difference to DS's health, and hopefully he's asthma and eczema.

And... I bought the yoghurt maker, too. I ended up going with this one because the individual cups were a big bigger. Yesterday's yoghurt wasn't exactly a success, I think I finished it too soon - it had started to set but was still quite runny. DS liked the taste of it - he kept asking for more, and that was plain yoghurt which s a big plus. I liked it, but was a bit put off by the fact that it was still warm.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: June 20, 2012, 12:58:48 pm »
Thanks Julia. That is the one I was looking at. I'll just chop my herbs in the TC Instead. Yay I love saving money on this forum!

Get off this thread Sue.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: June 20, 2012, 01:12:55 pm »
Well I've been shopping a couple of days last week and happened to come across some good things today when I wasn't actually looking for stuff! Today I actually found some things I have been looking for- yay!

Bought high-waisted jeans - I hate how hard they are to find and how you always have to worry about bum hanging out with most of the jeans out there!!

Also bought some pretty tops and I can even use them for breastfeeding - it's such a challenge to find tops I can breastfeed in that don't cost a fortune and don't look daggy.

And we bought a DVD player to replace our one that packed up.

jakodai

« Reply #3519 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:59 pm »
Bought high-waisted jeans - I hate how hard they are to find and how you always have to worry about bum hanging out with most of the jeans out there!!

Tasty, try Katies. DS was born by emergency caesarian, and the wound go infected. My stomach is still pretty dodgy, and I can't wear low cut pants anymore. Half way through the day and my stomach is so sore, but I found a pair of jeans at Katies once by fluke, and they are amazingly comfortable.I just had a look and I can't find anything on them about their style, but I remember they were something like flat tummy jeans or something like that. They aren't traditional jeans in that they don't have a zip and buttons, they have waistband of sorts that flattens your tummy. I'm making them sound nasty, but they are actually quite flattering.

OK, I just found them on their website, see? Not daggy at all! lol

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: June 20, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »
I'm glad that Snappy asked what an aebleskiver pan was because I didn't know either and was afraid to ask. It sounds interesting but I don't need anything else like that in the house to tempt me.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: June 20, 2012, 02:41:06 pm »
Thanks Jakodai - the description doesn't sound good but theycertainly do look good. I'll certainly go there when I next need jeans. They remind me of maternity jeans but even those don't fit me anymore....I can't work that one out as I am smaller  ???

The higher-waisted ones I bought are also 'tummy trimmer' ones so at least I've got that....now to just get rid of that tummy.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:41 pm »
i love my, not your daughters jeans  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

mcmich

« Reply #3523 on: June 20, 2012, 07:45:43 pm »
Not your daughters jeans are just the best. They flatten your tummy and lift the toosh.
They are very comfortable.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:42 pm »
Funny I tried some NYD jeans at the weekend and they didn't suit at all.

Luckily the ones that suit me are £50 whereas NYD are £141

So glad dashing den that you asked about the  aeble whatsit  asI had my glasses on already and thought I needed stronger lenses ?? LOL