Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522566 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2115 on: March 17, 2012, 02:39:44 pm »
Can anyone tell me where to purchase a vertical baking tray rack - one that holds them upright rather than horizontally and can fit different widths eg muffin pans.

A shop in Perth or online from Australia would be great.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2116 on: March 17, 2012, 04:52:19 pm »
If you are storing them inside a cabinet with a top, you can use the straight spring-tension curtain rods (for small windows) to make vertical dividers, 2 per section. 

I have a divider for vertical storage of sheet pans &etc., but it is large, 36 inches wide and made for commercial kitchens.  Most homes don't have cabinets that wide. 

In U.S. measurements they start at 18 inches long - like the white ones on this page.

Here's an example.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 17, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »
Brilliant idea, andiesenji!  Thank you! 

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 17, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
Yes great idea... I am Constantly fighting with pans in my cupboards.. Will have to check tomorrow if they can sit the width if the cupboard space
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 17, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »
Thank you Andie, what would we do without your brilliant help. Such a simple idea that I for one would never have thought of myself.  I would think it might work in deep drawers too with the rods placed horizontally from front to back of the drawer as long as the drawers were deep enough.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 17, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »
Yes you are a good dad DashingDen.

Good point JD, dont forget your DW.

DH fav saying

Happy Wife, Happy Life ;D

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 17, 2012, 10:54:56 pm »
Thank you Andie, what would we do without your brilliant help. Such a simple idea that I for one would never have thought of myself.  I would think it might work in deep drawers too with the rods placed horizontally from front to back of the drawer as long as the drawers were deep enough.

Great minds JD I was thinking of the drawer under the oven. Now where to find little rods like,these. I have never actually,seen them here. Have you?

Geet
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 17, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
Yes Gert, have them in my bathroom and toilet windows.  They fit inside the framework and save you having to drill holes. I got mine from Spotlight but I'd say any hardward shop should sell them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #2123 on: March 17, 2012, 11:09:09 pm »
Great idea Andiesenjie! Will investigate it for my kitchen as well.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »
Yes Gert, have them in my bathroom and toilet windows.  They fit inside the framework and save you having to drill holes. I got mine from Spotlight but I'd say any hardward shop should sell them.

Great minds again JD I was thinking Spotlight. Trust andiesenji so send us off on a shopping spree. So simple. So useful. Thank you andiesenji.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 17, 2012, 11:26:31 pm »
For those that don't have a cupboard or a drawer that you can put the rods into, I have a large wire basket that I fit mine into vertically and can just slide the basket in and out of the cupboard. It has made life so much easier I can tell you.  ;) ;) Will see if I can finally manage to get a photo uploaded onto the forum  :-)) :-))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:32:08 am by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 18, 2012, 01:57:35 am »
its a great idea. I suppose you could even visit a stationery supplier as I have seen those wire contraptions used in offices when you want to group files together on the desk
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 18, 2012, 06:31:20 am »
Brilliant thinking Andie and Kathryn. My cupboard with ALL the cake tins in is loaded. If anyone else other than me puts things away they all fall out on top of them. A few curtain rods upright in the cupboard will be great.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:29 am »
Been there often cookie lol and when im dong alot of cooking i put alot of my pots and pans etc on the dining table so i have a good 3 or so metres to spread them all out (drives dh crazy though) .., its the only way i can easily a cess what i want without everything falling out... Im space poor here

Mentioned yesterday to dh about what i want to get done in the house this year and he panicked a little lol and told me to write it all down and prioritise them.. Hrrmmm the list is long.. He also added the stuff that NEEDS doing lol and not what i want to be done as he doesnt want three pages of projects hihi
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 19, 2012, 08:23:20 am »
Thank you for that suggestion Andie. Great solution and useful for others too, I see.

I am hoping to get to Spotlight soon for some other stuff, so hope I find some there. In the meantime, if anyone else finds them can you tell me where (in Perth) and how much?

I'm trying to make the best use of the little space I have and those baking pans were just annoying me.

The other solution I found was a toast rack but it seems they are only available in the US.