Author Topic: problem with butterfly  (Read 17881 times)

Offline sarahi68

• mum of 3 incredibly hungry sons and a husband
    • View Profile
problem with butterfly
« on: March 15, 2012, 04:36:14 am »
I am fairly new to TM but getting used to it  :o :o last night i made the apricot chicken and it was lovely however my butterfly blade thingy is now really discoloured and all the little blades on the outside edges are bent :-\ was this supposed to happen??

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem with butterfly
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 04:46:20 am »
Sarahi68 welcome to the forum.
Your butterfly should not have been damaged at all. Did you go over speed 4 with it?
I've never made this recipe so really can't help much. If no one else can help your here I'll be very surprised. I would contact your consultant though and see what she/he says.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline sarahi68

• mum of 3 incredibly hungry sons and a husband
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:50:00 am »
hey cookie-no the recipe says soft speed and reverse which is what i used(follow the recipes to the letter till i get used to it :'( ) not sure what has gone wrong. Are they expensive to replace?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 04:56:34 am »
No I don't think so, but if you followed the recipe it should be replaced under the guarantee. Call your consultant.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 05:48:39 am »
 Hi sarahi68, welcome to the forum.  If you followed the directions to a T, your butterfly shouldn't have bent although some foods could discolour it over time.  They were $25 last time I heard, always pays to have a spare in case you inadvertently go over speed 4 and it gets damaged. As Cookie suggest, speak to your consultant.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:58 am »
Butterfly tips can get a bit bent when stirring solids (don't worry, they still work fine)  but will eventually return to normal. For discolouration, pop it in the dishwasher or hot water and lots of suds.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 12:55:49 pm »
Some of the tips actually point in different directions. Are you sure it's really bent?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand