Author Topic: Feijoas  (Read 7799 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Feijoas
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 12:40:44 pm »
(sigh)  Can I come and live with you?? LOL - no wonder you chose that particular house Jamberie - with those trees there I think I would have bought it even if the property only had a one room tent . . .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  (read here "jealousy personified . . .!! lol)
Sure thing GF!
We will also have pistachio trees...but I am yet to work out if they are the pistachios I hope they are!
Maddy- do you do anything special with your trees? Do the birds eat the fruit before you do?
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Feijoas
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »
I'd love to have lots of fruit and nut trees. We only have a lemon here. In our other house we had apples, plums ,peaches, mandarin, grapefruit, lemon, bananas. Sadly quite a few of them ended up getting white ants in them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
Re: Feijoas
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 02:51:56 pm »
I think feijoas are a type of guava - maybe a pineapple guava?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Feijoas
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 03:02:37 pm »
Maddy- do you do anything special with your trees? Do the birds eat the fruit before you do?

Not a thing  :) everything here has to survive with little - to no water......we've really not had much rain in so long, and have to buy water in every 3-4 weeks.....sadly I noticed 2 of the trees are not looking so good because of it  :(

The birds & possums don't touch the feijoas, they tend to drop and rot if you don't get to them quick enough.....we have more problems keeping the animals out of the 2 orchards, with apples, pears, plums, apricots, quince etc.......but the worst is the cockies giving the almond trees a hiding.....I have yet to have just  one nut.....they eat them before the shells even harden  >:(  naughty birds!

This is what they look like

It's so hard to describe exactly what they taste like...not for everyone, but please try one if you see them  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!