Author Topic: Hello from Yanchep Western Austarlia  (Read 6035 times)

Offline sonbri

• View Profile
Hello from Yanchep Western Austarlia
« on: March 21, 2013, 07:50:23 am »
Hi everyone!
I have my thermomix after 3 very long years and am sooo excited!
I am a mum of 3 twenty somethings and a son in law, soon to be a nana.  Hubby and I also have 3 dogs, 2 parrots, a joey and my son has 40 or so reptiles.  Dinner times here can be chaos.  I am so hoping my thermomix will save me time and give us healthy meals.
I have only tried the one recipe so far as I find it quite daunting.  I am looking through the menus on here but there are so many now I can't make my mind up what to cook!  It is the age old question "What's for dinner?"
Anyway will have to make my mind up or there will be some grumpy faces when they get home from work.
Look forward to chatting with you all and sharing some yummy recipes once I get a better hang of things!
Tootle Pip for now! Sonia
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language.

I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art anyone could ever want to own~Andy Warhol

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Yanchep Western Austarlia
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 08:16:10 am »
Hello and welcome to the forum Sonia :D
You've been waiting a long time for your TMX! So glad you've finally got your hands on it! ;)
And WOW :o You have a very big family with all those animals! Do all of you live in the same house?
There are plenty of recipes on here to keep you busy, and I agree the hardest thing is choosing which dishes to try first ;D I still have a long list of things to try and I think a lot of the other members do too ;)
Can't wait to hear about what you cook :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:18:16 am »
Welcome to the Forum.  Hope you can find plenty of inspiration for feeding that hungry family.  

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:26:34 am »
Hi Sonia - and welcome to the forum!  Have you seen this thread of favourites put together by CreamPuff63 - a forum favourite in her own right! ;D

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=6470.0

Click on any one of these to get the recipes . . good luck!  We all started out just like you, but after a short time you begin to get the feel of it and away you go!!  We've all had disasters and delights!!  Don't give up . . any problem, just pop it on here and before long you should have plenty of answers!! :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:27:43 am »
Welcome to the forum Sonia. We are always here to help you, no matter what time of the day and because we have members overseas there is usually someone here at night too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Hello from Yanchep Western Austarlia
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:43:35 am »
Hello and welcome this forum certainly makes things less daunting  just jump in and start cooking it gets easier ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:49:05 am »
Welcome to the forum Sonia.There are some wonderful recipes here on the forum to cook for your family.Have fun :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Augusta

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:55:04 am »
Hi Sonia, welcome. I,m sure you will get a lot out of this forum, it can become quite addictive.

Offline sonbri

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:59:07 am »
Thank you all for such a lovely welcome.  I will let you know my progress and yes Amy we do all live under the same roof :-)) I am sure I will be addicted to this forum very soon Augusta.  Yes sounds good I shall read creampuffs favourites.  Tootles  ;)
An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language.

I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art anyone could ever want to own~Andy Warhol

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:24:21 am »
Hi sonbri and welcome to this wonderful forum . :D
You will find loads of great recipes and helpful friendly members. It is daunting at the start but you will soon wonder what you did without the TMX

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 10:01:33 am »
Hi and welcome
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 11:55:51 am »
Hi Sonia, welcome to the forum.  You'll soon get into the hang of things and once you are away with your cooking, there will be no stopping you.  Enjoy your time on here and do keep us informed as to how things are going.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline evepantany

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »
Hi Sonia

Welcome to the forum. I am from Perth and have had my Thermie for 2 years now. The forum has been a fantastic source of inspiration for me and I hope you can find some great recipes to help you feed your family.

Have fun with your 'experiments'

Eve :)

mcmich

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »
Welcome to the forum Sonbri.  :D

Offline Alexis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 03:48:48 am »
Welcome, Sonbri! You sound like a very busy lady. Don't be daunted by Thermie, he really is easy to use.