Author Topic: Chocolate Raspberry Icecream  (Read 12106 times)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
Re: Chocolate Raspberry Icecream
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 03:27:22 am »
Thank you Judy, he is certainly getting lots of attention and cuddles! He is starting to want to move around a bit now - the good leg (left) is going 'nineteen to the dozen'. He broke it on Tuesday night after dinner by simply dancing a bit, and spun around. He collapsed to the ground like a footy player, holding his leg and screaming. I knew something was really wrong as he has never screamed like that before  :( It was straight up to PMH (chn's hospital) where they tried to manage the pain, then x-rayed the leg, then a full cast on his right leg. So spiral fractures to both tibia and fibula, my poor baby! We have started going on lots of walks during the day (although it is very cold)  5 1/2 weeks to go....

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:55 am »
Virgo9 that is sad about your little one. So easily done. Put him on the bench or a high stool and let him cook with you. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 05:21:12 am »
My kids love sitting on the bench watching me cook - DS2 even knows his numbers enough to be able to turn the TMX up to the speed that I ask him to, and then can turn it off when it gets up to the number that I tell him to look out for.  Keeps him entertained for ages, and keeps his little fingers out of what I am cooking!  Mind you, he refuses to turn it up to speed 9 - scared of it  :D

Cookie I will most certainly give this recipe another go!  It worked out gorgeous in the end - I mixed my chocolate/raspberry mix from the first recipe with the vanilla batch, then churned it in the icecream maker, adding in whole raspberries as well.  To die for!  It was my own fault for messing around with the recipe in the first place  :D  Thanks for the recipe!
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 09:20:47 am »
am giving this a go next week and cant wait ..sounds delish like i said before and have to try icecream with no eggs??  in any case my mouth is watering!!!

virgo hope your little boy is ok and thats so sad..musnt be easy ...did the doctors say anything about breaking his leg by dancing??  or was he doing some weird and wonderful moves??  I have been the luckiest mum ever in that department with my kids falling off tables, jumping off high places and generally scaring the hooey out of me that they havent broken anything to date..only my DD who split her head open on the corner wall while jumping off the bed (only 2 staples though)..hope your little man heals quickly ! :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 10:39:56 am »
Poor little fellow Virgo, you will have to make lots of play dough for him. At least it isn't really hot, I think that would be worse. Give him a cuddle from me too!
Denise

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 02:09:37 am »
Thanks Cookie, Frozzie and Bedlam for your concern and well wishes.

Cookie - I don't think I could put him on the bench and cook. He's normally quite active anyway so I don't put him on the bench anyway. I think the ground is the best level for him for a while....

Frozzie - no, he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary or weird. It just seemed that when he spun around, his foot stayed still, causing the break. DD10 was very worried about him (as was DH and i) and couldn't stop thinking about it all the next day at school, given the fact he broke it just like that. We were all around and he was playing really nicely on his own and we were about to get the kids into bed. If only we had of put him to bed five minutes earlier.... The doctor said it was quite common and is called a 'toddler fracture', occurring in kids between about 18months and 3 years. Normally they do it by climbing off chairs, falling over a toy or involving stairs.

Bedlam - play dough is definitely on the agenda. He's starting to get frustrated not being about to move much (although is beginning to bottom shuffle). It's school holidays here now, so at least the other two kids can help keep him entertained.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 12:05:35 pm »
I made this today and replaced the raspberries with strawberries, and I used lactose free cream. It was the first time I've used my ice cream machine and it was sooo exciting!
The ice cream turned out wonderfully, perfectly, deeeeeeliciously rich and yummy ;D

Thanks for the recipe cookie! :-*