Author Topic: Our pets with photos  (Read 563781 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Our pets with photos
« Reply #1020 on: March 23, 2013, 10:21:48 am »
Jake is lovely Jakodai, I love collies :D

You're all going to get sick of my photos soon... I just can't help myself ;D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:12 am »
Great photo's of everyone's dogs  ;D

Hope life with the puppy is going well Amy.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

jakodai

« Reply #1022 on: March 23, 2013, 11:04:46 am »
I could never get sick of dog photo's... Amy your puppy's feet are HUGE! He/she (?) is going to be very big. I LOVE big dogs. They're so cuddly. My parents have a long haired german shepherd, and I just love cuddles from him.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 23, 2013, 11:14:23 am »
Oh Amy. It's just like having a newborn baby. Lots and lots of photos.
Great photos girls.

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 23, 2013, 11:20:59 am »
Thanks ladies :D :D

Jakodai, he is a he called Paddy ;D And you're right, he will be a very big dog! I think we'll regret having him on the armchairs with us now because he'll probably still want cuddles with us when he's older :-)) :D
I love big dogs too :-*

jakodai

« Reply #1025 on: March 23, 2013, 01:10:34 pm »
So true Kimmy, but Jake's nearly 9 now, and he's still like my newborn baby. Having said that, I'm constantly taking photo's of my 3 year old too, so I think it's just their fate! :-D

Amy, I wish Jake would spend more time on the couch or even my bed! He spends most of his time under my bed. If I do coax him on to my bed for a cuddle, it lasts a minute or two, and then off he gets. When I'm not home though, he sleeps on my bed. I know this because he pulls the doona back and sleeps on the sheets!! lol

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 23, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
LOL!! :D :D He's not a silly dog ;D
I wonder why he doesn't like cuddles? I bet you make the most of the ones you do get :) I had a dog a bit like that and he had been abused as a puppy so we think that was probably why :(

jakodai

« Reply #1027 on: March 24, 2013, 12:37:51 am »
I think Jake was mistreated as a puppy, I got him when he was 3 months old, and he's always been very timid. At obedience training I had to be very careful about how loud my voice was when reprimanding him, even a little too loud and he would basically shut down. Mind you, he was great at obedience, so I didn't need reprimand all that much. He's always been great at knowing what I want from him. Except for cuddles! lol. What's horrible is how scared he is of brooms - I remember the first time I got a broom out after I got him, and I've never seen anything like it in my life! He RAN to the other end of the house and hid under the bed. He's not fond of the vacuum cleaner either, but I think that has more to do with the noise it makes.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 24, 2013, 12:42:58 am »
It's a horrible thought thinking how anyone could mistreat a helpless little puppy.
Just look at all those hideous puppy mills that mistreat thousands on a daily basis.
Jake is lucky to have found a loving home even if he doesn't like cuddles  ;)
We are all so lucky to have the unconditional love from our dogs. They give us so much  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2013, 01:06:14 am »
I agree with you MF, dogs are so loyal and loving and I don't understand how anyone could ever want to hurt them :(

I'm glad Jake is with you now jakodai as it does sound very much like he was abused as a young pup :( Our kelpie, Murphy, was the same with brooms. He also hated umbrellas, walking sticks, rolled up newspapers, plastic bags and men. Oh, and cigarettes :(
But he was also very obedient for us and like your Jake, he would just seem to know what we wanted him to do :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 24, 2013, 01:11:16 am »
Horrible how anyone can mistreat a dog or any animal for that matter.. Makes you wonder why ppl like that get animals in the first place
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #1031 on: March 24, 2013, 11:16:39 am »
Amy, he's such a cutey!

Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 24, 2013, 11:20:56 am »
Thanks Jadey ;D

He's not so cute when he's chewing the curtains...or pulling out pot plants...or trying to dig a hole in the fly screen door...or chewing the carpet...or dragging our jackets off the backs of chairs...

But he's still very cute ;D

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #1033 on: March 24, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
High energy dogs need lots of exercise - do you have a local dog park you can take him to, to burn off some energy?

We've just got through the chewing stage with Fonzie and it has taken a lot of work, constant attention and redirection. All I said to hubby was, if he chews it, it's your fault so you can't get mad at him, keep it out of his reach.
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

• View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 24, 2013, 10:57:16 pm »
Actually Jadey, we can't exercise Paddy much at all. We can't even take him for walks. He wasn't being fed properly at his previous home so he's underweight and one of his legs hasn't been developing properly. I don't know if you can tell in any of the photos, but his front left leg is slightly bowed. We need to feed him up and get some good nutrition into him so that he is stronger before we can exercise him too much.

Have you posted any photos of Fonzie? I'd love to see him ;D ;D