Author Topic: Recipe list (Spanish)-Imprescindible para tu cocina - Essential for your kitchen  (Read 17559 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
i hope u get better soon JB  :-*. Do they (doctors)know what the problems are with you neck and knee
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Thanks Fundj for your concern.  Yes, they think my knee problem is arthritis (caused by grotty British weather).  It does improve when we get warmer summers, but we have not had a good one since 2006 plus Gloucestershire is generally a damp county.  My neck problems are due to hunching over computer too long, hence having to take breaks from it and having to lie on bed every 2 hours to do exercises - such a bore.  But I have had scoliosis since I was 13 which doesn't help so have a weak spine, which 40 years later is giving me extra grief. 

I can cope as I know there are people who have far more problems than I  :'(, so cannot grumble  :)

JB xx
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
JB good to see you back and posting even more gorgeous recipes for us to try.  So sorry to hear of your health problems.  Our bodies are wonderful things, but they do have a couple of serious design flaws!  Take care of yourself and don't do too much on the computer without getting the breaks that you need.

I was fairly sick a few years ago and had to attend the hyperbaric chamber daily for a month or more.  I can remember one of the other ladies saying about our attitudes to our various ailments "If you're going to be blue, be bright blue", that cheered me up a lot at the time and I try now to always live by that and think positive.  They say positive thinking works, I don't know about for sure about that, but it certainly doesn't do any harm!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile

I can cope as I know there are people who have far more problems than I  :'(, so cannot grumble  :)

so true, i say that all of the time. there is one lady that i see at coles a lot and evey time i see her she complains how much she hates shopping and how much things cost these days , i could not take it any more so one day i said to do you know how luck you are that you can shop 2 to 3 times a week you stupid lady, and walked away, it felt so good  ;D 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Yes, I know exactly how you feel, Uni.  We truly don't appreciate and know how lucky we are, however, it seems to be part of the human condition to lament that there is always something wrong .... whether it be the weather, the food or whatever.  JUST THINK BRIGHT BLUE!!!!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Oh how I agree with you both!  Always best to think positive and I had to laugh at what fundji said to that woman in the shop  ;D

JB

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for all the recipes you translate JB, I can't imagine having my computer time cut right back.  Hope you get some warm weather soon to help your aches and pains.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Thanks JD.  It is a pain, but if helps with my aches and pains, then I just have to do it.  Weather getting warmer, but constantly raining  :(

I have now (hopefully) added all the recipes for which I have had requests, but if I have missed any, do let me know.  In the meantime will pod through the rest of the books.

JB

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
You've done a great job with these translations.  I'm sure we all appreciate the time and effort you have put in to them.

Offline Yogamum

• View Profile
Hi Yogamum

Have added the above recipes so far and will do the rest tomorrow - just click on the links above.  Apologies for delay but have not only been busy but also had problems with my neck and knee for a few months and have been told that I should only be on my computer for half an hour at a time  >:(  Plus painkillers make me very sleepy ...

JB

Thank you so much! Now get off of that computer and take care of yourself!

Nikki x

Offline Yogamum

• View Profile
Oh I have scoliosis too, it has worsened considerably lately hence the yoga. About to go into a class now  :)

It is so painful sometimes, I've been getting crushing headaches for the past week.

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Thanks Cuilidh & Nikki. I try not to spend too much time on my computer, but it is amazing how time flies when you are concentrating!

Gosh, I would see the doctor if your scoliosis is causing bad headaches.  Do you find that yoga helps?  Would like to do it myself, but no classes where I live and I don't drive. 

JB