Author Topic: Silicone IKEA pastry mat  (Read 18207 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Silicone IKEA pastry mat
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 05:08:14 am »
Jeninwa and I now know how to get directly into the coffee shop and out again. :D Apart from that I dislike having to walk around stuff I am not interested in.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 07:51:55 am »
Yes Gretch, they look really good I like the way you can sweep the sides in one go,
Merlin you mentioned a insulated serving bowl is it like our thermoserver?  I have been looking for one, someone mentioned that in some of the Indian Grocery stores you can buy one with a locking lid, my store doesn't have them.
Gee I haven't been to a Ikea store for about 12 years you have all reminded me of the drama that I had about getting out :o

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 09:29:00 am »
This is the link-  www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/00110032/k . I saw them on the super kitchen machine website as a link and they have a double walled insulated stainless steel bowl and a porcelain lid with a gap for a spoon. Even though I couldn't do without my thermoserver, I think they look far more attractive to serve food in. They are part of the 365+ serving ware range and cost A$ 25.99 each. They are probably dearer than the Indian ones that have been mentioned but I actually used one tonight and they seem to retain the heat really well. They are also totally dishwasher safe.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:23 am »
Thanks for that Merlin, they are very nice, I got a bit stuck over there on that site, DANGEROUS I'm not sure if I should go to Ikea I might not be able to stop buying  :-))

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 09:47:19 am »
I am happy there is no IKEA in Cairns.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:28 am »
I like the look of the Ikea one. I looked in several Indian shops nearby but didn't like the look of any that they had. They were all florally and plastic looking and quite expensive.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 04:11:36 am »
 the same thing happened to me  in ikea  l could not get out of the store
l was feeling hot and sick
l had a screaming 2 year old  and a unhappy 11 year old
a shop assistant came to my rescue and showed me a quick way to get out
 but it is only used by shop assistants to get around the store
l was very greatful to be out in the fresh air and so were the kids

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 06:12:56 am »
I sympathise, Nazar, it's really disturbing when you cannot find your way out.  You are lucky you found a shop assistant to help you - usually they are as rare as hen's teeth!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline arluin1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 08:43:35 am »
Oh I really like the look of this mat!!  I keep remembering my Mum and her old Tupperware pastry mat when I was a kid and, although they are totally different, it's hard to get past what a brittle, horrible thing that was LOL.

My DD and I both love Ikea, and make a morning of it a couple of times a year, just to wander around and check everything out at a leisurely pace, then finish it off with the Swedish Meatballs for lunch. The trick is to read the signs and note all the shortcuts, as it can be rather annoying having to wander around the whole place if you dont want to. Will plan a shopping trip for this week.

North of the River, Perth, Western Australia

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:32 am »
Oh Aril, I feel so old, I've not long thrown my Tupperware pastry mat out, I thought it was great used it for years, mostly with the kids making gingerbread men and cutouts.  I have two silicone ones now but I dare not cut on them. I have been talking about going to Ikea but now everyone wants to come with me.  I'll never get out kids and grandkids in tow...might have to just sneak down on my own. :)

Offline medusa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 10:35:48 am »
I am glad that I am not the only crazy one in Ikea.  I once felt so trapped I could feel myself walking faster and faster until I was running lol.  I then found a worker and begged her to get me out of there, I think they are used to it because she was like it is ok, just follow me and I will show you a quick way out lol.  I was so embarrassed but boy it was awful having an anxiety attack in there.  I could just imagine what everyone else was thinking, look at that crazy lady. 
Medusa, in Oz

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 10:54:13 am »
Yep. I've worked out the shortcuts in the Adelaide store.
I went last week and bought myself one of the insulated bowls and a silicone mat. Oh and some napkins, plastic clips for plastic bags and some meatballs. It's impossible to get out of the store with just the things on your list. That's why I limit myself to about 2 trips a year!!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 11:03:44 am »
Don't think I would like to visit a IKEA store by the sounds of it, especially with kids. Sounds kind of scary.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 11:06:52 am »
i have been twice to our new huge Ikea, but only inside once.

First time we coudnt even get a parking space.

2nd time, ended up in the cafe,  coffee seemed a good otin.

DH went in his own & hated it, bought what he wanted and left.

I hate going there.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 11:10:30 am »
We were there last week too ES - I couldn't find the insulated bowls  :-))  I would have stayed longer and perhaps asked someone but I made the mistake of taking DH with me and for some reason he was anxious to get out of there once he knew we had bought the laundry storage cupboard and had a quick look in the kitchen department.  I told him next time I am going on my own so that I can browse but I've had a pretty good look a couple of times now at their stuff and I think I'll wait until they bring out a new catalogue and some different things to look at.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.