Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5163648 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #2010 on: February 09, 2012, 10:30:10 am »
Quick Fix in the Thermomix, Dinner Spinner and For Food's Sake are the latest 3 books with full colour pictures of each recipe KMP - they are not available from H.O.  Details of where to order are under the Review Lists of each Book on this page.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2011 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:11 am »
BBQ tonight, but I boiled eggs in the TMX and covered them in a yummy curry mayonnaise for one of the salads.

The EDC says for hard boiled eggs, to cook 4 eggs for 14 minutes at Varoma, but they weren't hard boiled (I used a little egg boiling doovey that goes dark when eggs are cooked), so I had to leave them in the water for another 5 minutes. I used almost 2 litres of water as I wanted them covered. The book says to use 500g at speed 1. This seems like they're steaming, not boiling.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: February 09, 2012, 12:32:29 pm »
MeganJane - I have recently made hardboiled eggs using the EDC method and it worked for me. The steam actually cooks it so it doesn't need to be sitting in water. I found it hard to believe when I first read but did it anyway and it worked!

For dinner tonight we had Tenina's Salmon with Orange Relish. Ok but probably won't make again. It is a quick recipe though.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: February 09, 2012, 12:53:56 pm »
JulieO - I thought that might be the case. I find my photos turn out better if I am near natural light too. Sometimes however it is dark by the time dinner gets on the table. I like your 'tabletop' too - great touch! Your food styling is impressive too and the food always seems to look so good!!

Maddy - love your photos too - food looks yummy!

More photos everyone!!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: February 09, 2012, 12:57:39 pm »
Of late I have been a bit slack in the photograph dept, and hope to lift my game soon  ;D

Made pizza's tonight using the dough recipe from the EDC, and then I mixed in a bit of chopped rosemary. Made your pizza sauce MJ and it was divine as per usual.

Our fave pizza is Barbequed Chicken: spread a pizza base with a mixture of tomato pasta sauce and barbeque sauce; sprinkle with grated cheddar (10 secs, Speed 7). Top with shredded cooked chicken, thinly sliced mushrooms and more grated cheese.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: February 09, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »
Tonight I made chicken croquettes (thermomix-er blog) broccoli salad from edc and steamed potatoes.
Miss (nearly)11 said they needed more spices but still loved them.
I loved the salad, kids didnt though.  I did add 200g of yoghurt.
Kids are taking left over "nuggets" to school tomorrow.

Rara x

Edit to add link
http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com.au/2009/07/thermomix-chicken-croquettes-from.html

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: February 09, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »

The EDC says for hard boiled eggs, to cook 4 eggs for 14 minutes at Varoma, but they weren't hard boiled (I used a little egg boiling doovey that goes dark when eggs are cooked), so I had to leave them in the water for another 5 minutes. I used almost 2 litres of water as I wanted them covered. The book says to use 500g at speed 1. This seems like they're steaming, not boiling.

I don't bother using the tm for eggs, I found it took longer.
I bring cold water with eggs to a boil, turn off gas, pop a lid on top and let them sit for 25 mins.  Perfect every time.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2017 on: February 09, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

I don't bother using the tm for eggs, I found it took longer.
I bring cold water with eggs to a boil, turn off gas, pop a lid on top and let them sit for 25 mins.  Perfect every time.

This is the way I do it for more than two or three.  (I use an electric egg cooker for up to 4)  I think this was Julia Child's method.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: February 10, 2012, 07:15:48 am »
This was what we had for lunch today for visitors.  Pork rib roast served with Tomato, Onion Gravy with green capsicum and chilli gravy from Rainbow Recipes, steamed vegies with garlic butter and jacket potatoes.

Offline nqchic

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: February 10, 2012, 09:39:07 am »
Hi there, would love your recipe for the pork stir fry & the sauces you made also. Can you email them or are they on the forum? Cheers, Kathleen

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: February 10, 2012, 09:57:52 am »
nqchic these are the recipes JulieO used.

Sweet chilli sauce
Hoisin sauce
Chinese roasted pork with stir fried vegies - I'm sure this is the recipe Julie would have used.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: February 10, 2012, 10:57:34 am »
Judy to the rescue again.  Thanks for the recipes Judy.  Would have taken me ages to find them.   :-*
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: February 11, 2012, 02:02:33 am »
Thanks Judy  :-*

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: February 11, 2012, 10:31:13 am »
Mexican chicken bake

I soaked the tenderloins in buttermilk, then dredged them through a mix of flour, and Sonans taco seasoning mix Panfried, then placed in baking dish with salsa and corn chips.  Yum.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: February 11, 2012, 10:55:20 am »
Looks amazing maddy.