Author Topic: Choc Hazelnut spread from the EDC  (Read 46863 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Choc Hazelnut spread from the EDC
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2010, 01:10:38 am »
Mais oui. May we help?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline debetha

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 11:30:11 am »
so has anyone actually triied subsituting tehina or sunflower seeds for hazelnuts? thinking of something they can take to school - although they are not meant to take sesame either  :o
tia
deb
deb

loving my tmx!

Offline demak

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2011, 04:10:41 am »
I love the choc hazelnut spread.  I did use dark choc and did roast and grind the hazlenuts separately.  It is delicious.  It does go firm when kept in the fridge, but lasts for ages and I love to spread it over big juicy strawberries and pop them in my mouth.  Yummy!!!!!!  I have found that this is one of the nicest things I have ever tasted.   :D
West Coast Eagles fanatic from Pemberton, WA

Offline Yamama

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:17 am »
I tried this one http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/food/la-fo-nutellarec11a-2009feb11,0,5713208.story last weekend, and it was awesome! I only had enough hazelnuts for half a batch, and found I needed a bit more oil (I just used rice bran oil)

I've bought more nuts today to make more! Really yummy and great for us because it's dairy-free  ;D

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2011, 12:57:24 am »
I did the one as linked by Yamama :)

Accept, I used cashews, instead of hazlehuts (as we are a failsafe house), and it really does taste like nutella! Mine is grainy though, I did make it into a paste, then added the other ingredients, so will work on that next time, but yum!! The taste is great!

Offline luel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:13 pm »
Jo from Quirky Cooking has her version of this.

http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/2009/10/chocolate-hazelnut-spread-dairy-free.html

It's dairy free and probably a bit healthier.  I made it yesterday and it's yummy, uses coconut butter and rice milk, dark choc and rapadura, and hazelnuts of course.  Worth a look if you want a slightly more wholesome version of nutella which I have never been a huge fan of (too sickly sweet).

Offline Tam

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:09 am »
The verdict on the spread was yummy, the kids like it. I did however make an alteration to it, instead of just grating hazelnuts, I roasted them and peeled them. I put the sugar aside and then put nuts in for grating for 20sec on speed 9. I then put it on speed 6 and waited for it to liquify. I saw this hint on another recipe (not to do with tmx lol), and thought this might make the difference to the texture. There is still a slight graininess, but am happy with the result. Although next time I will try with a condensed milk.
Followed your alterations and YUMMY SMOOTH nutella - thanks!!!  I didn't peel the hazelnuts though and it still turned out smooth.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 05:51:24 am »
This was one of the first recipes I tried when I go tmy TM.  Followedthe EDC - well ok I doubled it *grin* and used half dark , half milk chocolate.  It ended up being a bit graininy - but tasted like ferrero roche in spread form.  We all loved it!
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 06:15:20 am »
i made this one last week its relly yummy   ;D http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=3834.0;wap2
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline cottchick

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 03:26:23 am »
I just made this using tahini instead of nuts (just out of curiosity after seeing it recommended here on about page 2), and it's great!

I used 70% chocolate and coconut sugar but otherwise all as in the EDC.

Very happy with the tahini variation although I am a big fan of nuts so will probably alternate as I go.

Might try half tahini, half nuts next time.