Author Topic: Supermarket angst  (Read 15583 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Supermarket angst
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 11:31:24 pm »
For those of you using the soda stream for Soda Water are you just carbonating plain water with the soda stream or adding something else to it? I've never been overly happy with our soda stream, I find the bubbles disappear very quickly and it sits on the bench neglected.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 11:44:39 pm »
I just drink the soda water plain, sometimes with a slice of lemon or a few mint leaves. DS add juice or cordial.
My soda stream is quite old, I pump it quite a few times, and have replaced the bottle when they dont keep there fix,seems to help.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 01:01:11 am »
Like Jen I sometimes put ice and slice of lemon or lime.
Wonder it sounds as though you are not gassing it enough.  Once it starts to make "the noise" the more times you pump after that the more bubbles you will get, I usually pump 4 - 5 times.  Ours last quite a long time in the fridge.

Marie

Offline VieveMS

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 01:05:47 am »
Mmmm, maybe I NEED a soda stream.  I haven't looked at them before because I don't drink a lot of soft drink but do drink a lot of soda water.  I am guessing it ends up being more economical to use the soda stream rather than buy the bottles from the supermarket.  Perhaps Santa will bring me one.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 01:24:55 am »
I drink it with lemon, or lime.
pump about 5 times

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:03 am »
So is soda water just carbonated water? when I buy bottled soda water it tastes very different to just putting water in the soda stream bottle and carbonating. I thought you must need to add a flavour like to all the other soda stream drinks. I think I might just be a bit of a snob when it comes to fizz, on the rare occassions I have soft drink I will only drink from a can and after a max of 1/2hr I find it's not fizzy enough anymore - that's probably why I don't drink much soft drink because it always has to opended just as I drink it.