Author Topic: Habanerosauce tabasco style  (Read 81886 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Habanerosauce tabasco style
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 07:49:25 pm »
Good to have you back JB. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 07:57:53 pm »

JB - who has been out of action lately due to dopey tablets >:(

sometimes we need  dopey tablets  ;D

how is your back JB ?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 08:58:06 pm »
Thanks CC, am back on and off.  DD back for holidays ATM so she is keeping me busy.  We are getting a bus at 7:30 am tomorrow to Evesham in search of ingredients and just praying it doesn't rain.

Thanks for asking Uni - sciatica not good and hope DD doesn't make me hurry around Evesham.  I wish I was 17 again!  Been prescribed too many dopey tablets I feel, and trying to sort of juggle them so that I don't spend all day asleep and etain some mental alertness.  Made some Stromboli the other day as managed to get some smoked Scamorza from a visiting Italian market.  Went to cut a slice for a friend until I realised I was trying to cut through a tea towel  :'(  Trying to balance pain and mental agility isn't easy, lol  ;D
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 09:05:11 pm »
JB Have you ever thought about having  surgery?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline tonydav

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 10:58:17 pm »
I made this recipe on the weekend - half batch only - not enough habs still on the bush.

Very tasty and as expected very hot.

Funny story - after thoroughly washing and drying the TMX after making the sauce decided to make a latte. I always do the milk in the TMX for this. Started drinking and wow, chilli latte. Not what I was expecting and not something I'd make again. Got through it all but made sure I super thoroughly cleaned the TMX before making custard tarts. Hmm, chilli custard tarts....

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »
Funny story - and wow, chilli latte. Not what I was expecting and not something I'd make again. Got through it all but made sure I super thoroughly cleaned the TMX before making custard tarts. Hmm, chilli custard tarts....

;D ;D ;D  sounds pretty good to me!!!

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19:49 pm »
JB Have you ever thought about having  surgery?

I am sure what surgery they can do.  It has never been mentioned to me but will be worth asking.  Over here they seem to prefer 'curing' you by giving you endless painkillers and getting you to do exercises than actually doing something physical to you.  That's the NHS for you!  I can no longer afford private treatment :'(

JB

Offline stef

• my favorite monkey in antwerp zoo
    • View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 01:50:59 pm »
I made this recipe on the weekend - half batch only - not enough habs still on the bush.

Very tasty and as expected very hot.

Funny story - after thoroughly washing and drying the TMX after making the sauce decided to make a latte. I always do the milk in the TMX for this. Started drinking and wow, chilli latte. Not what I was expecting and not something I'd make again. Got through it all but made sure I super thoroughly cleaned the TMX before making custard tarts. Hmm, chilli custard tarts....

Glad you like it tonydav :) putty you dont like chili latte, sounds interesting to me!

Live life to the fullest

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 05:06:39 pm »
Made the sauce with the Scotch Bonnets and was a great success - thank you Stef  ;D

JB

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:06 pm »
Made the sauce with the Scotch Bonnets and was a great success - thank you Stef  ;D

JB
You are so Welcome JB
Live life to the fullest

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2012, 05:18:43 am »
Thanks for this recipe Stef...missed it last night when I made tacos & was looking for a sauce recipe. I made one with 400gm tomatoes, cumin seeds, fresh coriander leaves & stalks, garlic & spanish onion...& a few ghost chillies. Turned out really well as the ghosts pack a punch :P,  but not as concentrated as your tabasco style! Yours would last longer too because of the vinegar & sugar. Will have to make this as I have many chilli-addicted friends who ask for my chilli relish & this sounds better. I haven't had a chilli bush to raid for a couple of years. Last seasons birds-eye was great till the weather turned cold , then the chillies lost all their heat! I've just ordered from Diggers in Vic a seedling of bhut jolokia chillies. Sounds deadly so am keen to try it! Hope it survives. I'd love some habanera seeds if you have any to spare...had great success with those a couple of years ago, but moved house & didn't keep seeds!

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2012, 07:31:45 am »
Thanks for this recipe Stef...missed it last night when I made tacos & was looking for a sauce recipe. I made one with 400gm tomatoes, cumin seeds, fresh coriander leaves & stalks, garlic & spanish onion...& a few ghost chillies. Turned out really well as the ghosts pack a punch :P,  but not as concentrated as your tabasco style! Yours would last longer too because of the vinegar & sugar. Will have to make this as I have many chilli-addicted friends who ask for my chilli relish & this sounds better. I haven't had a chilli bush to raid for a couple of years. Last seasons birds-eye was great till the weather turned cold , then the chillies lost all their heat! I've just ordered from Diggers in Vic a seedling of bhut jolokia chillies. Sounds deadly so am keen to try it! Hope it survives. I'd love some habanera seeds if you have any to spare...had great success with those a couple of years ago, but moved house & didn't keep seeds!

Cant wait to hear how it came out lizzie..   As for my sauce i actually used madam jeannette which are even hotter then habanero! They are bought in a store since or weather is to wet and cold to raize them with a good result..

Let us know how tj sauce came out and if ur friends like it

Have fun!
Live life to the fullest

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2012, 07:44:30 am »
Thanks Stef...will do! Haven't heard of Mme Jeanette but will let you know how my new chillies go!

Offline LizzieM

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »
Just made my first batch...didn't have many ghost chillies left so bought 210 gm of birds eyes..also used malt vinegar as it was all I had...we've tasted before it cooled down & wow, it's great. The house has that tabasco wafting right through it!! And my hubbie is blown away...can't wait to try it out on my victims...oops I meant friends :-))! Thanks again Stef.

Offline stef

• View Profile
    • our business
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2012, 12:52:00 pm »
Just made my first batch...didn't have many ghost chillies left so bought 210 gm of birds eyes..also used malt vinegar as it was all I had...we've tasted before it cooled down & wow, it's great. The house has that tabasco wafting right through it!! And my hubbie is blown away...can't wait to try it out on my victims...oops I meant friends :-))! Thanks again Stef.

lol lizzie, too funny :)  i am glad you like it.. i bet you never will go back to tabasco now :p
Live life to the fullest