Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5207404 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3630 on: June 21, 2012, 08:47:21 pm »
Roast chicken, mashed spuds, carrots, greens and butterscotch saucey pudding by Dede.
Very good.

Bones now slowly making stock.
Leftover chicken for lunches.

Tomorrow leaving young with last of Monday's lamb in a  shepherds pie. And leftover pud.
DH and I will be away overnight.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 22, 2012, 01:05:39 am »
Coral Trout and veges tonight.

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 22, 2012, 01:09:55 am »
Tommy tuffs and oven baked wedges with salad here today with leftover broccoli soup for the other meal.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 22, 2012, 01:11:56 am »
Leftover Roast lamb in gravy with Roast potatoes and sweet potatoes, steamed corn, beans and carrots and zucchini roulade.
Dessert has been ordered tonight by miss 5: apple crumble with custard. (When asked if there was any reason she wanted dessert, she said "Grandma gave me $1 so I took it to the school canteen  :o and got some apple crumble and custard, and it was very yum." )  :-))
:D

stacelee

« Reply #3634 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
Love coral trout, can I come for dinner???? pretty please!

We are having Braised chilli tomato beef and white chocolate and passionfruit mousse for dinner unless I give in to the urge to go to Baan Thai for dinner.  Will see how the day pans out.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: June 22, 2012, 01:45:13 am »
Dessert has been ordered tonight by miss 5: apple crumble with custard. (When asked if there was any reason she wanted dessert, she said "Grandma gave me $1 so I took it to the school canteen  :o and got some apple crumble and custard, and it was very yum." )  :-))

How gorgeous :D
But I can't believe apple crumble and custard only cost $1 at the school canteen!!! :o

• View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: June 22, 2012, 01:47:28 am »
Forgot to post dinner. My brain isn't working :-))

Here is a photo of last night's slow cooked citrus chicken casserole. It was yummy ;D
We'll be having leftovers for dinner tonight ;)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: June 22, 2012, 01:50:21 am »
Dessert has been ordered tonight by miss 5: apple crumble with custard. (When asked if there was any reason she wanted dessert, she said "Grandma gave me $1 so I took it to the school canteen  :o and got some apple crumble and custard, and it was very yum." )  :-))

But I can't believe apple crumble and custard only cost $1 at the school canteen!!! :o

Yeah, I was surprised it was 'only' $1 too, considering she brought the empty container home and it was a decent size - 280ml. I would say it was mostly full too because of the ring around the edge.

• View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: June 22, 2012, 01:56:41 am »

Yeah, I was surprised it was 'only' $1 too, considering she brought the empty container home and it was a decent size - 280ml. I would say it was mostly full too because of the ring around the edge.

I actually can't believe that! At my old school canteen (just a few years ago :-))) something like that probably would have cost anywhere between $3-$5. Your daughter got a very good deal.... :)
I wonder if miss 5 will think your apple crumble and custard is better than the one from school ;)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: June 22, 2012, 02:08:20 am »
I certainly hope so... ;)
Apparently the $1 apple crumble and custard is the special for this term.  :)

• View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11:15 am »
I think it will be ;) Everything mum makes is better than shop/canteen food ;D

The canteen must be getting cheap apples and custard powder from somewhere... :-))

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: June 22, 2012, 03:01:01 am »
Of course Staceelee :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

stacelee

« Reply #3642 on: June 22, 2012, 03:12:46 am »
I used to have Coral trout at a restaurant opposite the Breakfast Creek Hotel as a child...it brings back really good memories of eating out with my parents.  The other fish I love are Leatherjackets.  We used to throw them unskinned onto the bbq and when they were cooked the skin would just peel  away leaving lovely white flesh.  We used to catch them and snapper out near Flat Rock off of Stradbroke Island.  We also used to catch Summer and Winter Whiting in the Blue Hole not far from Tangalooma.  Nothing quite like freshly caught fish.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: June 22, 2012, 03:30:01 am »
we eat  alot of fish, and one of my friends has her own trawler. so we buy direct from her in bulk.

[/url

• View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: June 22, 2012, 03:34:50 am »
we eat  alot of fish, and one of my friends has her own trawler. so we buy direct from her in bulk.

Lucky you Robyn... I love fish ;D