Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1030412 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #3375 on: July 08, 2013, 10:28:23 am »
Mich - I've pmed you . . .

Mama Fergie . . You're one lucky woman to have found Papa Fergie . . . or was it that he found you?  What a lovely thing for him to do for you!

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: July 08, 2013, 10:37:19 am »
Ha ha we both found each other GF but I have to say he is very kind and generous and often surprises me.
This time I think that he was heavily influenced by Gert who said on many occasions that I really need one. ;D
It's amazing as I have said on many occasions that I would like one and he as said 'you don't need one as you have your iPhone and ipad.
Gert must have  a way with words!!!!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: July 08, 2013, 10:42:11 am »
Lucky you MF and good on you Gretchen, you have a way of getting to people. Your message must have been very powerful for MFs DH to act on it, so quickly too.  A husband who brings little surprises sounds a very dear husband MF.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: July 08, 2013, 10:48:09 am »
Lucky you MF.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #3379 on: July 08, 2013, 10:53:38 am »
Mich - I've pmed you . . .

Mama Fergie . . You're one lucky woman to have found Papa Fergie . . . or was it that he found you?  What a lovely thing for him to do for you!

*Thanks GF.  ;D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: July 08, 2013, 10:57:45 am »
Mich - you are most welcome!!  ;D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: July 08, 2013, 11:03:53 am »
What a lovely present MF.  Good on Gert for planting the seed  ;D

I have one just the same and I wouldn't be without it.  My DH bought it for me for my birthday a few months ago (even though my birthday isn't until the end of this month).

I'm sure you will love it  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: July 08, 2013, 11:13:08 am »
I just tell it like it is. A woman needs a small iPad for her handbag. A phone is a phone but an iPad is a whole world easier for us for the quick surf and the quick pic and the quick email.

Also the kids don't want it because it is too small and the teenagers don't want a mini because it is too big. They like to use the phone.

A real woman needs a mini and her husband needs to understand that. Please forward to all DH.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #3383 on: July 08, 2013, 11:14:11 am »
lucky you mf ;D

just giving a shout out to gf a very giant thank you for the uk newsletter emails very much appreciated and they are so much better than ours xxx

mcmich

« Reply #3384 on: July 08, 2013, 11:17:21 am »
I just tell it like it is. A woman needs a small iPad for her handbag. A phone is a phone but an iPad is a whole world easier for us for the quick surf and the quick pic and the quick email.

Also the kids don't want it because it is too small and the teenagers don't want a mini because it is too big. They like to use the phone.

A real woman needs a mini and her husband needs to understand that. Please forward to all DH.

Gert

I will show DH this post Gert.
You are absolutely right about kids not wanting a mini. My DS 23yrs said "my phone does all this why would I carry around an ipad?"

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: July 08, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
I took my mini everywhere in Europe, took heaps of photos with it and could upload straight on to FB. also was a portable photo album to show people/relatives our family and what we'd done so far on the trip. Was invaluable for logging on and keep up with emails and work. Also downloaded "Modern Family" first season so i could watch whenever i wanted. My phone is too miniscule to surf the web.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline nmiles76

• View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: July 08, 2013, 11:19:44 am »
The thing that made me smile and giggle today was a story a colleague told me about their son and a funny thing he did over the weekend.  It was one of those cute funny stories and it is still making me giggle now.  I love stories like that.  Kids are always good for putting a smile on my face.  Especially my nephews. I don't have children of my own but love the funny things that other people tell me about their kids.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:11 am »
And CP if You didn't have a Kindle you could happily read with the mini.

Katiej you also have  a lovely DH.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: July 08, 2013, 12:39:49 pm »
I totally agree as 3 of my kids think the same that the mini is not necessary as they have an ipad and iPhone but DS 2 is the opposite as he uses it at business meetings to take all hs dictation and notes and finds it an invaluable tool that he can keep in his jacket pocket.
That aside I think it's a brilliant addition to iPhone and ipad and agree with CP about using it on long trips and Gert's suggestion that no need to take kindle also. Charging now and will try out tomorrow but very excited. Some of the GK's have them and good for games and music too.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: July 08, 2013, 12:47:25 pm »
Lucky you MF. THanks Gert for telling it like it is :) have passed it on to DH.