Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469845 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #960 on: July 06, 2012, 11:46:47 am »
Thank you Gertie :D

I was just wondering whether the sleeping arrangements have been made? Has everyone already been allocated a spot?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 06, 2012, 11:48:49 am »
Thank you Gertie :D

I was just wondering whether the sleeping arrangements have been made? Has everyone already been allocated a spot?

CP is charge of the beds but you will probably just take MEPs place.

gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 06, 2012, 11:51:22 am »
and hope she wasn't sharing with anyone  :D :D :D

Only joking Amy, don't worry about it.  CP has everything arranged and will, in due course, let us all know the final details.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 06, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »
Rainbow I am sure there will be plenty of room for you. As kezza said they will probably have room,CP will have space too,and I'm sure there are others. If no one else can fit you in we will squash up and you can come with us. (I can say that as I'm driving).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:00:57 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 06, 2012, 12:46:07 pm »
and hope she wasn't sharing with anyone  :D :D :D

Only joking Amy, don't worry about it.  CP has everything arranged and will, in due course, let us all know the final details.

;D ;D ;D

Thanks Judy, I just wasn't sure how much information has already been sent to everyone. Sorry if I sound like a nag, but I'm just very very very excited! :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 06, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »
That's exactly what we were all like early in the piece Amy but we've had time to settle down now.  To start with there were questions flying left right and centre - that's perfectly normal in this situation.  It's not often someone else organises a holiday for us, we usually do it ourselves and know exactly what we are going to be doing.  Keep reading the thread though, most things you want to know are in there somewhere.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 06, 2012, 02:05:48 pm »
Thanks for the support about the lift, good to know that there will be a space and good to know that we will all be among friends even if we have never met anyone before, I am sure I am not the only one feeling a bit nervous but excited about the weekend  :)  :)

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »
 hi rainbow
 just to let you know   l am travelling up from augusta by myself so l have heaps of room in my car for you and your lugguge

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 06, 2012, 11:30:26 pm »
What is to be nervous about?  Anyway a glass of Margaret River wine can fix that.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 07, 2012, 12:08:35 am »
That's exactly what we were all like early in the piece Amy but we've had time to settle down now.  To start with there were questions flying left right and centre - that's perfectly normal in this situation.  It's not often someone else organises a holiday for us, we usually do it ourselves and know exactly what we are going to be doing.  Keep reading the thread though, most things you want to know are in there somewhere.

Thanks Judy, I will take some deep breaths and calm myself ;)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 07, 2012, 06:48:27 am »
hi rainbow
 just to let you know   l am travelling up from augusta by myself so l have heaps of room in my car for you and your lugguge

Thanks Nazar, that is much appreciated.  ;D

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:36 am »
I may have missed something along the way over the past couple of days, but Amy, I have been wondering how you got on with work - any outcome yet with regards to a) the bully and, b) your job?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 07, 2012, 09:21:37 am »
Hi Cuilidh :)
I'm writing my resignation letter tomorrow. I'll probably take it in on Monday or Tuesday because I have to return my uniform anyway. Luckily I was only employed as a casual so I can just leave whenever I want. I'm a bit nervous about handing in a letter like this, but I'm so unhappy in this job I know I have to do it.

I'm also emailing one of my past lecturers at a college I attended to see if she knows of any jobs going that use my qualification ;)

Thanks for checking in Cuilidh, I appreciate it :-*

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 07, 2012, 09:38:58 am »
Well good luck Amy. You seem quite capable with any job, fish factory, child care, news agency and now cleaning. You are not afraid to try different things . At least you have a go and are not afraid of hard  work. You just have to find a job that suits and hopefully a job with a good boss with mentoring skills.

How are you getting from your place to Margaret River. It is a long drive  isn't it?

Gert

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:44 am »
Thanks for the update.  Be strong and good luck!

Just rermember in your letter be factual, and, athough it is probably really hard, try not to be derogatory about your (ex) colleagues - beyond stating the facts of the matter - move on with your head held high.  Everything is a learning experience, yours hasn't been good, but leave it behind you now and look forward to the future ... and the retreat weekend, you lucky lady you, I'm sooo jealous!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.