Author Topic: thin and crispy pizza dough  (Read 3694 times)

Offline phatassphairy

• View Profile
thin and crispy pizza dough
« on: September 05, 2011, 01:38:24 pm »
any tips and tricks to it ...was thinking tomorrow night doing pizza and my kids dont really like thick bases we often just use wraps for our bases ........so feel free to have a share with me =)
as long as you keep eating my pancakes .....i will stand here and keep flippin them out filled with nothing but love in my heart 'cause you chose my table to sit at =)P

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
Re: thin and crispy pizza dough
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »
I just roll the bases out as thinly as I can get them!  They go quite crispy and yum that way.   Guess experimenting with what works for you is the only way to go though.

Enjoy!! :)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 04:05:59 pm »
I just use my fingers! Normally 400g of flour will make 2 big bases for me as we also like them thin and crispy, so just use a smaller amount of dough, and I take my time, pressing and pushing with my finger tips to spread the dough out and cover the base of the pizza tin. It takes about 4 or 5 mins but its worth it! If the kids are around I get them to do it! ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:41 pm »
I did some last night and my hubby prefers them deep and soft and I like mine thin and crispy so rolled mine more and you guessed it mine was thin and very crispy.
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com