Author Topic: I'm disappointed ....  (Read 7055 times)

Offline gobaith

• View Profile
I'm disappointed ....
« on: September 04, 2011, 08:10:13 pm »
that I didn't buy a thermomix ten years ago !! Kids are in bed, and I fancied a bowl of soup. I sent my husband to the veggie patch, and he came back with carrots, leek, greens, onion, etc. I popped it all into the machine, and will have hot soup in a few minutes, which basically hasn't cost us anything. ;D
I can't contain my excitement, I know I'm becoming a Thermomix bore, but there you go. Thermomix, I love you !

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: I'm disappointed ....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:49:15 pm »
lol gobaith
I dont know who actually came up with the design and built the thermomix but think there are alot of people world wide who would be willing to thank them in loads  ;D
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:00:47 pm »
And so say all of us!

xxx

;D

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »
You're not a Thermomix bore, gobaith.  You're simply articulating your feelings - in this case, to an already converted audience.  We are absolutely with you.  I might have been a much healthier person if I'd come across the Thermomix when it first was released in my part of the world, but we can't go backwards.  We can only make up for the time we didn't have the benefits it brings by sharing the news and that's exactly what you're doing.  Thank you.  (And are you in advertising, by the way?  Your subject heading certainly got people reading!)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 12:01:24 am »
I was much the same as you, I couldn't believe it when my consultant told me that they have been in the UK for the last 40 years!! like HOW? did I not get to hear about it?
ahhh I cannot imagine a life without him now.
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 04:44:08 pm »
I didn't think they were that big in the UK (as none of my school friends in London have ever even heard or seen one!) But here in Spain they are very big I would say if a teacher in a classroom asked " whose mother doesnt have a Thermomix, maybe only 3 or 4 kids would put up their hands! ;D ;D ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline gobaith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 05:35:20 pm »
No, I'm not in advertising, I'm a teacher ! I'm just trying to make butter, 28 seconds to go. I can't imagine how it's going to work. There goes the beep beep. Will postbyou later ..

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:19:36 am »
I didn't think they were that big in the UK (as none of my school friends in London have ever even heard or seen one!) But here in Spain they are very big I would say if a teacher in a classroom asked " whose mother doesnt have a Thermomix, maybe only 3 or 4 kids would put up their hands! ;D ;D ;D
That's my point Bron they have been that long in the Uk yet very few people know/heard about tmx, which shocked me. But then again we are a nation of convenient food eaters, I always cooked as my mother and my grandma always cooked but not many of my generation do.
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:22:22 am »
I was concerned when I read the title of this post  :-\. Oh thank goodness its not as bad as it sounded  ;D. I don't like reading posts when people don't like their TM's (Although Very rare )

Glad your loving your TM gobaith
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »
The majority of my friends in Uk just open up packets of everything and pop in microwave or oven, they would never dream of really cooking anything. They all feel that as they eat vegetables and fruit, their diet is healthy! I think its just generally a culture thing. I hardly knew how to cook until my husbands family taught me! :D
Amanda

Spain

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 11:16:54 am »
We were standing in line at Aldi today with some of the kids and my sixteen year old pointed out that the little miss in the trolley behind us was reading an EDC.  Twas quite funny really! 
If I'd had one 10 years ago, I'm sure my son's crazy dietary restrictions would have seemed much less daunting!!  8)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 11:32:28 am »
That would have been a sight Ceejay - what a strange thing.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 09:07:56 pm »
That's my point Bron they have been that long in the Uk yet very few people know/heard about tmx, which shocked me. But then again we are a nation of convenient food eaters, I always cooked as my mother and my grandma always cooked but not many of my generation do.

Well... yeees.  Actually they were present and did rather well 40 years ago, but then it sort of went dormant.  The last people to hold the license didn't really do anything much with it unless anyone contacted them who'd somehow heard about thermomixes (as far as I understand).  Eventually the license was taken away from them by Vorwerk 'cos they hadn't done enough, and was given to a very enthusiastic couple who have spent the last 5 or 6 years giving it their all.  It is now beginning to get somewhere, but I don't really think it should be viewed as having been here in the UK for 40 years, more like 5 or 6.  So it's still pretty nascent.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:40 pm »
that I didn't buy a thermomix ten years ago !! ...
I can't contain my excitement, I know I'm becoming a Thermomix bore, but there you go. Thermomix, I love you !

LOL.  Join the club!  :D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!