Author Topic: cheese and zucchini mini muffins  (Read 36152 times)

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Re: cheese and zuchinni mini muffins
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 10:08:40 am »
I want to start getting my almost 3yo to eat some veggies

Ladybird my best trick yet with getting the kids to eat more vegies is homemade pizza. Once I have made the dough in the TMX, I put mushrooms, zuchinni, tomato and capsicum into the bowl and chop it really small. I spread this over the pizza bases, then add the ham (mixed with eggs), salami and cheese. The kids call them "Aussie" pizza and love them! My DH and I have exactly the same but without having chopped the vegies so small and the kids always say how glad they are they get to have the Aussie pizzas and not the grown up ones...

Welcome to the forum!
Kerryn

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 10:22:55 am »
Kerryn, great tip.
My kids are great with veg in general (they tend towards the vegetarian) but dd3 can be fussy sometimes (though at the moment veg is her best friend) but still love being able to throw a larger variety into something hidden. (eg dd2 won't eat mushroom or onion if in chunks, none of them love zuchinni as a side, though they are all eating bucketfuls of capsicum at the moment) . Will def try that when we have pizza this week.

Offline ladybird

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 02:01:46 am »
thanks for the welcome guys - and the tips -we did get buttermilk in the end and they were lovely (though sadly as i have now made the zucchini brownies in muffin tins these aren't getting a look in!!). I had some eggs in the fridge from having some separated gone wrong the night before when making pistachio biscuits, so i think i ended up with a bit more white and they are really nice and light/fluffy..
Great to know how easy it is to do with lemon. And we will have to try the pizza trick. So great to be able to use the TM to get these healthy things into them/us :)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 11:05:01 am »
I needed a healthy snack idea and decided this was it, even if it's under the baby and kids section hehe

Quick and simple to make. I ended up making 28 actually and used 1/2 zucchini. The recipe didn't say how long to cook it for so they seemed ready at around 20 minutes. They had a sweet taste and I will definitely make again as they are so easy.

I was hoping someone could tell me though why most of the mixture stuck to the side of the patty pan so somewhat wasted. Is it to do with ingredients or cooking time (I didn't have buttermilk so did the milk and vinegar thing someone suggested as a replacement).

Here is a photo:

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 01:06:04 pm »
I  made these today and they were a hit with DH, DD4 and DS2. I doubled the recipe and added bacon as suggested in another post. Tasty, I used spray oil on my muffin tins so that they wouldn't stick and they came out no worries. Will definitely be making these again thank you :)