Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6142518 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4995 on: December 01, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »
Glad the party went well H..
Praying all turns out ok with MIL 😘
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:33 pm »
Glad the party went Hally I'm sure CP will remember this oe as fondly as any other. All the best for your DH coming across it will be extra difficult for him leaving you and CP at home.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: December 01, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »
I'm sure CP has never had a bad party Hally, glad it went off well for all of you. Hope you are resting up today and good luck to DH with his trip over to see his Mum.  When you live in a different state, it's always an extra special visit in their eyes and hopefully he will find out what the treatment plan and prognosis is.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: December 01, 2012, 10:01:07 pm »
Quiet day but went our last night with mums group. Only had two wines but feel tired and a little hungover. I must be getting old!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:17 am »
Lots of cleaning this morning. The bins are nearly full! :o It feel so refreshing to be rid of all that junk :D

And I just got back from the Kalgan markets where I met MJ. She's so lovely! And I have some of her wonderful products to try :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:40 am »
Nice amy 😊

Well this morning we got up and had breaky down at the beach.. It was pavked and had to wait an hour but enjoyed it all the same.. We needed a day out then we decided to go to the ginger factory at yandina... Was interesting.. Got some aussie ginger to grow and a few products we tried.. Will eventually try to make my own... Had a lovely taste testing of some of their ginger products... A light dip that was divine, a marinade also delish with beef meatballs and a sweer ginger cream on ginger biscuits oh amd a ginger refresher .. Mmmm and some ginger pineapple... All very tasty.. Normally i dont like bottled products but alot of these are locally produced and were really yummy..

Also picked up some nice austrlian honey.. My fav was one from tassie.. Wanted to get some nz honey.. Cant remember the name.. Natural antiseptic properties etc .. Started with M i think.. Anyway didnt as a small jar was 40 dollars lol so as i dont like honey that much i didnt get it lol..

Very interesting about the bees too.. Kids loved it and learnt some more things about bees..

We were going to the beach this afternoom but think dh wanted to get back to watch the cricket.. Men!!

The ginger apparently grows quite fast here.. Yay.. Just needs alot of water and alot of feeding and mulch.. So will get a pot tomorrow to see how i go.. :). Actually apparently alot grows well here so yippee.. Finally can grow what i want mostly!!

Was nice to have most of the day out :)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: December 02, 2012, 06:39:21 am »
Oh and learnt they dont sell the buderim ginger they use as apparently it would cost the consumer way too much (pretty much a small fortune) and out of several hundred varieties of ginger only a few are edible apparently..

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: December 02, 2012, 06:39:41 am »
Would that be Manuka honey you were thnking of Kim?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:08 am »
Thats it jd... I had never heard of it... Tasted a few honeys and really liked a tasmanian one.. Strong flavour but really liked it.. It was tamanian leatherwood.. Dh liked it too..

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: December 02, 2012, 09:43:59 am »
So DH likes cricket frozzie? My sympathies lol!
For some reason I can't see Hally's post - tapatalk playing up I guess, but sounds like the party went well, congratulations. Wonder how Robyn's party went?
This morning the kids decorated the Xmas tree - dd9 even put up their stockings, bit early for that! This afternoon we walked to the park & ended up coming home with an extra girl! Classmate of dd7 who lives next to the park ran over to play so instant play date! Had a long chat with her mum when she came to pick her up - poor love, her DH has terminal cancer and I think she found it good to talk to someone who's been through it. First time we've had a chance for a one on one chat, sure it won't be the last. It's so good that our girls get along so well, they're both little tomboys!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: December 02, 2012, 09:50:41 am »
It sounds like you two might be getting together more often now then deedub, she will need a friend like you to get things off her chest and it sounds as if you really hit it off today.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:50 am »
Kim, Manuka is the New Zealand word for Tea Tree, I have seen in the Supermarket that  there is now a Aussie Manuka Honey,  it is so good because of the tea tree properties, I love Tea Tree Oil, it's the best antiseptic you can get.o

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: December 02, 2012, 11:32:38 am »
Oh good to know ab

Deebub yes unfortunately .. I seriously dont see the attraction!!

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:18 am »
Love leatherwood honey, that's one of the things I miss, living in the west, can't bring honey into WA. :(
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5009 on: December 02, 2012, 12:56:05 pm »
I had a stall at the lower Kalgan Market today and met Amy and her Mum! Such a lovely person. It's amazing that we just said "hello" and then kept on chatting as if we'd known each other for years!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand