Author Topic: Homemade Milo (GF DF)  (Read 122695 times)

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Re: Homemade Milo (GF DF)
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2013, 01:57:42 pm »
Cindy O'Meara has put a version of this on her website if anyone's interested ....... some quantities are same, but she's using rapadura and cacao wafers !

http://changinghabits.com.au/recipes-1/home-made-milo

Offline rejit

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 06:24:43 am »
Made this today and I like it! Made it as a warm drink first, it tasted nice but was a big gritty. Then I 'cleaned' the bowl (leaving some milo in) with milk for a yummy cold drink. miss c loved it (she's never had a 'chocolate' milkshake before. Will be trying it in the slice next :-)

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
This "Milo" is great. I often have it for breakfast.
I prefer it in cold milk rather than warm.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 04:58:15 pm »
Sounds intriguing. DS14 is addicted to Milo. He uses it to mask the taste of milk ;D

The list of ingredients is a bit intimidating though. Where are the best places to source for the ingredients?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2013, 12:38:57 am »
BZB, some of the ingredients are available in supermarkets or health food shops and a visit to your local nut shop would be the way to go for buying the small quantity of nuts for your first batch of milo.  Looking at the list of ingredients you should have no trouble sourcing everything at one of your bigger shopping centres.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: Homemade Milo (GF DF)
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2013, 02:53:30 am »
Made this yesterday and I think it will be a great breakfast for me and healthy snack for DD. I think it tastes very much like Aktavite more than Milo but is still super yum :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/