Author Topic: A Thank you and some advice please  (Read 7077 times)

Offline Bon

• View Profile
A Thank you and some advice please
« on: September 13, 2014, 01:33:47 am »
First off a thank you. I am a very cautious purchaser preferring to do lots of research before making big outlays. I attended a demonstration a year ago and quite liked the idea of a Thermie but as I wasn't sure I would enjoy or use it enough to justify the huge outlay  I chose to get a cheapie model to experiment with. After a few months of constant and enjoyable use I decided to take the plunge but luckily discovered the thread on this forum discussing a new model so held off purchasing until I knew for certain what was happening.So thankful that I did as I at least now have choices. Not sure whether to take advantage of the 100's of 2nd hand TM 31's some a few months old  with spare jugs, jump in and buy the TM5 before end of Oct and hope any glitches are covered by warranty or wait a few more months until the bugs are ironed out and hope the price is not going to be $500 more? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A Thank you and some advice please
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:43:36 am »
Hello Bon and welcome. Thank you for appreciating the forum for what it is.  You have done all the right things so far so now it's down to the last decision. I've had my TM31 for 6 years and I'm still in love with it.  I doubt I would be buying the T5 (I've learned to never say never though as you can get caught up in the excitement of a lot of your forum friends having the new model and before you know it you have pushed the yes button :D).  Not having the new model I can't really advise you as to whether you go down that track or not but I know you would not be disappointed if you bought the TM31.  Good luck with your decision making and do please let us know in the end which way you go.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 01:51:16 am »
Hi and welcome Bon,
glad you found us, and I guess the final decision is yours, but I am sure you will love whatever machine you end up with. Look forward to hearing what decision you make and why.  :)
:D

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:40:03 am »
Hi Bon.  I received such wonderful support and guidance from the wonderful members on this forum prior to my TM31 purchase three years ago.  Listen to all the opinions and make your own decision.  However, the decision MUST be to buy a Thermomix of ANY description.  If a TM31 offer looks good, with two bowls then grab it.  I have TM31 and love it but I am buying TM5 because, well, I just want it.  If you like new and a box, get TM5, in you would rather save some money and get it right now, get TM31.  Enjoy your new Thermomix, whichever one you choose.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 05:48:12 am »
Hi Bon.  I received such wonderful support and guidance from the wonderful members on this forum prior to my TM31 purchase three years ago.  Listen to all the opinions and make your own decision.  However, the decision MUST be to buy a Thermomix of ANY description.  If a TM31 offer looks good, with two bowls then grab it.  I have TM31 and love it but I am buying TM5 because, well, I just want it.  If you like new and a box, get TM5, in you would rather save some money and get it right now, get TM31.  Enjoy your new Thermomix, whichever one you choose.

Very well put Lee, agree 100%   :)
:D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 07:47:37 am »
I too received heaps of help from the lovely people here when I was purchasing my TM31 2.5 years ago. I think the decision between a new TM5 (hoepfully without the bugs you mentioned) and a TM31 with two bowls (for a cheaper price) would be a difficult decision. As everyone has said, either way you will love your Thermomix -and this forum for sure!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 09:12:29 am »
Welcome Bon. You have a very hard decision to make. I would sit down with 2 pieces of paper, one with TM31 written on it and one with TM5 on it. Then write down all the reasons you can think of for buying each, then turn over and write all the reasons against buying each. After you have done this have a look at the lists of each, one may be longer than the other. Even if it isn't, sometimes writing things down helps to clarify in your own mind which is best.
Good luck, I'm glad I don't have to decide.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 09:14:18 am »
Welcome Bon.I too agree with everything Lee has said.You will be pleased with whatever TM you decide to buy.
I also might add that I would have never cook and experimented quite as much if it wasn't for the help and support of this forum. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 11:14:51 am »
Hello Bon and welcome. Mmmmm what a tough decision you have. I'm sure you'll work it out and either way, you will be very pleased with either TM. Good luck and don't forget to let us know what you decide.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 11:55:34 am »
Welcome to the forum Bon.  I am sure you will reach the right decision for you!!!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 05:27:50 am »
welcome Bon to the forum, I have 2 different thermies, and have just ordered the TM5.

enjoy, you will love it
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:58 pm »
Hi Bon and welcome to the Forum.  What decisions you have to make - I can't help you there as I have the TM31 and very happy with it.  I imagine if I were in the market for the first time I would probably go for the latest model but also would have reservations about the bugs not being ironed out yet.  However I am sure that if there are any bugs they will be covered under warranty.  Good luck with your decision and please let us know what you decide.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline royce

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 12:45:24 pm »
hi bon
I had the same problem as you, but decided to go with the th31, got a great deal through a consultant in my area, with warranty.
I think you should at least get in touch with a consultant, & see if she can help you. mine is 4mths old. but to see it ,it looks new.
any one paying big bucks for a thermi will defentantly look after it. they just get to think they must have the new to dye for,, new model.
I,m now only had mine 2days &and I,m wrapped