Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925684 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:33 pm »
I've seen this forum topic in a few places, including the German thermomix forum, and think it would be a great idea here.  It tends to be quite inspiring.

I also agree with the person who suggested having a Varoma category.  I have quite a few recipes I could contribute to that, and would like to see those from other people too.

Thanks for this forum - I'm so happy to have found one in English!  :)
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »
i'm going to make a huge pot of spag bol sauce in my slow cooker, so i'll use the tmx to chop the veg to go in it.

i've been planning to make some shortbread as a gift for someone leaving work plus for xmas so i might try the one you just posted - thank you!

i can't do much today as all 3 kids are home with me, it's hard to get much done lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:34:56 am »
Thanks for starting this thread CarolineW.  Alina0210 sorry, Amanda had suggested the same, but I was too slow to get it going  :-[.

Thanks for finding the forum - it is almost an Aussie forum by default - just that we seem to be loudest.

It is great to have this forum - and this thread will hopefully help us find out how we are using our machines and increase our usage and therefore value.

Poor brazen tried to get this up on the Yahoo group - but we were small in number and it wasn't as easy to follow.

Thanks MM for getting the Forum going and thanks all for contributing.

And yes, after trying to follow Italian/Spanish/German forums - this is much easier.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 05:12:49 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 03:53:01 am »
yes, the yahoo set up makes it harder to keep 'conversations' going!

i've made one batch of shortbread. i planned to make more but think i can't be bothered, i need to do some housework (bleh)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 04:27:06 am »
We're having chicken legs stuffed with something - probably breadcrumbs/cheese/corn - steamed in Varoma.  I have seen a couple of variations from Beverley Sutherland Smith and somebody whose name escapes me - too old.  Will post in time.

Made dukkah and cooked chicken livers the other day - they are a great combination - if you like chicken livers ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:26:56 am »
Today I have made the pastry for a quiche, chopped the onion and bacon for the quiche and whisked the eggs and milk for the quiche. Yesterday I made a vanilla custard for dessert.
This is a great idea, thanks. ;D

Oops, nearly forgot I made the Cape Seed Bread yesterday  and we loved it. I am going to blame my Thermomix when I look like a blimp!!! :P
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 10:29:51 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 01:15:31 pm »
I have just finished making Strawberry Jam..  2.5kgs of Strawberries for $4... bargain.

i used 1kg so far and the rest i will blend and freeze to make strawberry daquais for sunday..

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 01:26:28 pm »
wow alina, i wish i could find them for that price!!! (doesn't help i buy organic lol)
My Cooking Blog

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:59:24 pm »
They are Jam Strawberries though... slight inperfections straight from the growers... :)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 02:27:49 pm »
we had pizza, i made the dough...then using a lone tomato from the fridge and some frozen basil and a limp spring onion i made a pizza sauce

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 04:31:05 pm »
i made Parathas tonight in the TMX... i found a mauritian recipe (my husband is mauritian), and i converted it, instead of 15mins hand kneading i did it for 2 1/2 mins.. and they are lovelly. went really good with curry. my hubby said they are just as good as his parents make.. woohoo :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 08:57:07 pm »
yay alina!!! but.... recipe please ;)
My Cooking Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 05:25:12 am »
Well, I am not cooking tonight - going to a class.  But have decided to post pictures on the blog & fill in the recipes later.

So, you can see some of what I have cooked lately.  There are something like 36 recipes that I need to fill in - I have some already to go, but need to tweek.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 05:27:45 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline Alina0210

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 08:13:12 am »
im off to a cooking class tonight too. :)

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 09:06:23 am »
what cooking class are you off to Alina!  You are a cooking class junkie!

Im making Swedish Meatballs ala Nico Moretti recipe - Im trying to see how they compare to IKEA meatballs.....I didnt have any dill so had to replace with oregano and tyme so expecting them to be more Italian than Swedish!!!
But I will still make the sauce that goes with them not a tomato sauce