Author Topic: Air Fryer temperature and times - general guidelines 1st List  (Read 204473 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Air Fryer temperature and times - general guidelines 1st List
« on: February 15, 2014, 03:09:10 am »
Air fryer times and temperatures (general guidelines only).  See list 2 here.

Meatballs
Foil on bottom.  200* for 8 mins. Roll over halfway to get even colour.

Salmon steak
10 mins on 140 and about 2 mins at 170 to get the golden exterior.

Chicken patties
180 degrees 10 minutes on one side, then flip them over for another 3 minutes for browning the patties.
Cookie1. I made Bron's nuggets and gave them 10 minutes @190. I put the EVOO with the breadcrumbs and didnt do flour, egg and crumbs. The crumbs stayed on well.

Steak (rump)
180 for 10 for rare; 15 mins for medium and 20 mins for well done

Gyoza
Baking sheet. Spray gyoza and then 200 for 20 mins turn after 10

Winter roast vegetables
200 for 20 mins - turn after 10

Thai fish cakes
Preheat the Airfryer to 180 degrees C.
Place 9 fish cakes into the basket and slide the basket into the Airfryer. Set the timer for 7 minutes and fry the fish cakes until the timer rings and they are golden brown.

Frozen Calamari rings
From Costco pre heated for 3 mins at 200o and then cooked for 6 minutes. Perfect!

Frozen shoe string french fries
Cooked frozen shoe string french fries in AF. Pre heat @200 for 3 mins and then cook for 10 mins @200 - shaken  half way. I sprayed with olive oil at beginning and half way point. Yum.

The above times are all from Courton. Please correct or add to it as you see fit.

From Wonder - Frozen arincini balls (approx 2.5cm diameter)
Spray lightly with olive oil, in tray on baking paper for 5 mins 200 then remove paper and cook further 5 mins at 200.
This gives them a brown outside and hot all the way through. This is with no pre heating of the machine.

Wonder Pork Belly
The pork belly turned out perfect and no mess.
I used Teninas recipe from the Christmas Ebook. I cooked as per Teninas recipe up to placing into the oven before work this morning then after work rubbed in some additional salt mix, oil and vinegar before putting in the airfryer at 160 for 30 mins then an additional 30 mins at 180. DH wasn't home so I left in the airfryer for about 15 mins then cooked a further 5 mins at 180 when we were ready to eat. All the skin was perfectly crunchy and the meat moist and full of flavour.

Wonder Apple Pastries
Sliced apple, sprinkle with brown sugar and encase in puff pastry.
From start to finish, 15 minutes.
Cook in a preheated 200o air fryer for 6 minutes.

Wonder Potato Wedges
Par cooked 5 large potatoes cut into 6 wedges for 10 minutes in the microwave, drained and patted dry then put in a container with oil, salt and lemon slices and left in the fridge for the day.
Into the airfryer for 15 mins 200 degrees and stirred twice as the drawer was quite full and I wanted them all to brown.

Wonder Homemade chips
I've been peeling and cutting into chips then soaking in water for about half an hour and rinsing until water is clear. Once soaked I then microwaved for about 10 minutes until partially cooked, emptied water and then dried on a tea towel before placing in the fridge for the day. When cooking I sprayed with oil and cooked at 200o for I think 10 mins or until crisp turning a few times to ensure they were all nicely browned. This method suits me because I can make them to the airfrying stage before work and then leave in the fridge drying out during the day. The type of potato does have a big impact on the final product.

Judy Sweet Chicken Drumsticks
Sweet chicken drumsticks 180o not preheated, for 30 minutes turning halfway then increased heat to 200o for 10 minutes.
Placed a casserole dish into the a/f, added the 6 skinned drumsticks and the following liquid.
125g pineapple juice
50g brown sugar
40g light soy sauce
Thickened the juice later with 1 tsp cornflour but would add it at the beginning to save time. They are delicious.

Judy Roasted Cauliflower florets
Mix together 1 tsp garlic powder, S & P and 1 tablespoon olive oil and pour over a good handful of small florets.  Cooked 15 minutes in preheated 180o in the metal baking dish.  Stirred 3 times during that time.

Judy Toasted sandwich
Buttered home-made bread on the outside, cheese and tomato on the inside and toasted directly on the wire basket 180o for 6 minutes.  Probably not necessary to turn but I did so at the 4 minute mark to make sure it was toasting evenly which it was. Lightly toasted but crisp and crunchy and so tasty.  Bought bread may cook faster so check as you go.

Judy Carrot & Zucchini Stuffed Mushrooms

Judy Potato casserole - 2 serves but can be increased depending on the size of your dish.
Grease a dish which will fit into the a/f basket. Par-cook 2 medium sized potatoes (300g total weight).  I cooked for 2.5 minutes in a 1200w microwave but you could par-boil them.  Cut into 1cm thick slices, slice 4 small spring onions.  Layer the potatoes and the onions in the prepared dish.  Mix 1 tsp garlic paste with 1 cup cream and pour over the potatoes.  Cover with alfoil and cook in a preheated 180o a/f for 15 minutes.  Remove alfoil, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons or more of tasty cheese on top and cook 5 minutes 200o.  If serving straightaway, rest the dish for 10 minutes to allow the potatoes to soak up any excess cream.  Reheats well.

Judy Astarra's filled sausages - if just assembled, 200o(not preheated) for 10 minutes on baking paper.  Longer if made ahead and been refrigerated.

Judy potato skins & carrots
Microwaved a 280g potato for 5 minutes and a 130g carrot for 3 mins (1200 watt microwave).  Allowed to cool then cut the potato into 4 wedges and the carrot into 1 x 5 cm batons.  Removed all but 1 cm of flesh from the potato and coated the skins both sides in a mix of 3 tsp olive oil, pinch cayenne, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8th tsp salt and 3 tsp grated parmesan. Added the carrot and tossed it into the remaining coating.  Cooked the potato skins in a preheated 200o a/f for 15 minutes adding the carrot after the first 5 minutes.  I turned them once.

Judy Nutella Banana Pastries Makes 2 which when cut in half serves 4.
1 sheet puff pastry cut into 4 pieces.  Leaving a 1cm border, spread 2 pieces with Nutella and top with sliced banana.  Moisten the edges with egg wash and place another square on top.  Fork the edges to seal and using a pastry brush, egg wash the top.  Preheat air fryer to 200o then spray the wire basket with canola oil and place 1 square at a time into the basket.  Cook for 8 minutes, remove to a wire rack whilst cooking the second one.  Cut into triangles and serve with whipped cream.

Judy Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Dijon & Garlic

Jamberie Roast Chicken
What I did: I used a 1.4kg chicken (washed, dried and then rubbed a mix of lemon zest, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 tsp dried oregano, 2 tsp chilli flakes, 2 tsp dried coriander and 2 tbsp lemon infused olive oil all over the bird) and cooked it for 30minutes (including warm up) with a few cut up potatoes around the bird. At 30 minutes, the juices were running clear and I'm sure it would be fine, but I gave it an extra 10 minutes just to be sure it was cooked properly. Yum. If I use my airfryer for nothing else, it will be for roast chicken.

Jamberie Roasting tomatoes
I used the airfryer to 'roast' 2kg of tomatoes for MJ's passata. I stirred them through some rosemary infused EVOO before dumping the whole lot in the AF for 15 mins at 180oC. It was handy as the tomatoes didn't cook/steep in their juice as it drained through underneath. After 15 mins I just tipped the tomatoes into the TMX and poured in the juice that had collected in the bottom too.

Chookie Coles Frozen Crumbed Fish Fillets   6 in packet.  200o/13 mins,  turned 1/2 way.

Chookie Lamb cutlets from butcher shop,  flattened and light crumb. 180o/ 8 mins/turned and cooked a further 5 mins/200o.
( I sprayed both sides with Rice Bran oil prior to baking) very good.

Chookie Garlic bread  3-1/2 slices.  200o/4 mins.  Crunchy both sides.

Chookie No Fuss Rolls - recipe details for the a/f here

Chookie 400g Potato Gems  8 mins on 200o/ turn and spray/ cook a further 3 mins.

Chookie Zucchini Chips

Chookie Roasting Raw Peanuts with skins
1 cup raw peanuts mixed & baked in a small stainless steel container with 1 tsp rice bran oil, baked from cold for 8 mins 200oC.  Stirred halfway through.

Chookie Nay Nay's scones
1/2 quantity of the mix, cut with MC. Placed in round SS baking tin. Pre heat to 200o, cook for 10 mins, flip and cook a further 2 mins.
I reheated small Date scones,  5 mins @ 200o.  1/2 nay nay recipe.  

Chookie Light sponge cakes
These are based on 'Quicker than a packet cake mix', 1/2 recipe.  I mixed in bowl with fork.
Preheat A/F to 160o, spray 3 coffee cups with canola oil and divide mixture between them.
Bake in preheated A/F at 160o for 10 minutes.
Cover cakes, ( I used pie tins not foil as it will not remain on cakes) then bake a further 5 minutes at 160o.
Note - I initially made 2 but 3 cups will fit and give a better size cake.
Could use any of the suggested flavorings from the Quicker than a packet cake link.
Further option - Into 3 well sprayed coffee cups place 1 dessertspoon of frozen mixed berries and 1 tablespoon of berry jam.
Pour sponge mix on top, bake as directed. Tip out on to serving plates and serve with cream, custard or ice cream.
I reheated the 3 in microwave for 30 seconds.

Chookie Astarra's Golden Chicken Nuggets
Made 2 versions & 19 patties from the mixture.
Cooked them in a stainless steel dish.  
1st version - no oil, cooked 8 minutes on 180o, turned then cooked 7 minutes 180o.
2nd version - coated with panko crumbs and sprayed with rice-bran oil.  Cooked 15 minutes 180o, turned then cooked 8 minutes 180o.

Chookie Chestnuts
 24 minutes on 200oC. I was waiting for them to go black but they didn't.  They were large chestnuts and perfectly cooked and easy to peel.

Chookie Tomato Charlotte
Made a small one in the AF.  Slices of onion , garlic, and tomato, topped with bread crumbs.  Baked for 20 mins/ 180o, covered with foil, then 10 mins/ 200o to brown top.  Good.

Chookie Jerusalem Artichokes crisps

Chookie Prawn Toasts

Maddy Jacket Potatoes
Pricked with a fork and sprayed with rice bran oil.
3 large potatoes cooked perfectly in 30 minutes, 200c.....& the smaller were cooked in 20 mins.

Maddy Isi's crispy olives
Line basket with baking paper & cook them for 10 minutes on 200c.

BZB - Peri Peri Chicken

BZB - Spicy Fried Chicken

BZB - Chookies KFC chicken see picture on Page 2 of this thread.  
Drumsticks with skin on. 5 pcs. Place baking paper in basket. 200C 10 mins. Flip. 150C 5 mins. Remove baking paper. 5 mins. 160-180, depending on the colour of the chicken. 3 mins.

BZB corn on the cob
I grilled a corn that was chopped into half. Sprayed with olive oil. 200c 12 mins, turned midway. Plus I lined the drawer with foil to minimise wash up. Corn: cut into 2 or 3. Spray with olive oil. 200° 5 mins. Turn, 7 mins

BZB - Malaysian Spiral Curry Puffs

BZB - Nigella's Chocolate Chip Muffins
Baked in preheated 160oC airfryer for 13 mins.

BZB Butter cake
Half sized butter cake in 16 cm pan. 160c for 35 mins. Yummy!

BZB Roasted whole Chicken
1.3kg chicken. 180c fr 30 mins. Turned to crisp up opposite side, another 10 mins. No honey this time, so colour was good 😄

BZB Chicken Tenderloins
10 pcs crumbed tenderloins, sliced horizontally from 5 pcs. Cooked in 2 batches. Spray with oil. Cook on 200° for 3 mins on baking paper. Flip then cook 3 mins.

BZB Chicken Parmigiana
To cook the chicken, before the final step:
Preheat to 200°. Place baking paper in basket. Add 2 pcs of crumbed chicken breast. Spray with oil. Bake for 5 mins. Flip, spray, another 5 mins. Remove baking paper. 2 more mins.
The last bit:
On baking paper. Spoon napoli sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle the cheeses. 200° 4-5 mins.

BZB Belgium Lemon Teacake
Made this fab cake in the airfryer. 180oC  for 10 mins then 160o for 10 mins.

BZB Kimmy's Baked Lemon Cheesecake
Good size for the airfryer. Baked at 140c. Got browning at the surface though. I should have checked it earlier than 30 mins, and covered with foil. Anyway the strawberry coulis managed to hide the spots.

BZB Toothfish cutlets This fish may also be sold as 'Sea Bass', 'Chilean Sea Bass' or 'Australian Sea Bass'.
I just scaled and cleaned the cutlets. Pat dry and drizzled with soya sauce. Placed in my new (and cute) baking dish. Preheated AF to 180oC. Cooked for 5 mins. Flipped over. Another 5 mins. Then finished off with 2 mins of 200oC.
The flavour of the fish was fabulous. Delicate, silky...just beautiful 😋😋

BZB Home made chips
Sliced 2 Royal Blue potatoes and soaked for 30 mins. Microwaved 2 mins. Stir and another 2 mins. Mixed in 1 tsp olive oil. Airfried at 200° for 5 mins. Shook basket, another 5 mins. The Philips cookbook method takes too long to cook, and not that nice.
I prepare about 1 potato per person, and airfry just before serving. The chips are nicer when eaten warm.  Picture on this page.

BZB Turkish Pide, garlic flavour
Made 4 from this recipe. Cooked in the airfryer. 200o, 7 mins.

BZB - I cooked scotch fillets at 200C for about 12 mins. They were medium rare.

Cookie - Honeyed Chicken 180o and I think it would have been about 15 minutes for the breast and 20 minutes or so for the thighs.

Cookie Roast chicken
I cooked a 1.3kg chicken for 30 minutes at 180o. I had rubbed it with some garlic paste of Tenina's and oil and put a cut lemon inside it. While the chicken rested I cooked baked vegetables.

Cookie Roast Vegies
I sliced some pumpkin, potato and sweet potato. Put them into a plastic bag and added a couple of teaspoons of EVOO and massaged it over the veggies. I cooked it in the AF for 15 minutes at 200o.

Hally Toasted sandwich using bought bread - 200o 6 minutes.

Hally Stuffed Mushroom
Placed the field mushrooms on baking paper. Filled with pancetta, spring onion & cheese.  Cooked 200o for 8 minutes.

Hally Koftas from Jerusalem cookbook
Foil on bottom,  200o, 7 mins, perfect

Hally Piri Piri Chicken
 from BBC good Food

1 chicken (about 1½ kg/3lb 5oz)
4 red chillies, chopped (deseeded if you don't like it too spicy)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp sweet paprika
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce (optional), to serve

Rub all over, leave for a few hours, I left for 9 hours. AF 40 mins, rest 20, absolutely lovely. Even cp loved it with all the chillis. 1.5kg chicken gone in 1 sitting between the 3 of us, it was that good. Served with lemon, mint & parsley cous cous & steamed veg Smiley

Bedlam faffa's cornflake cookies  
180o for 6 minutes, cooked 9 at a time.

Bedlam Belgium Lemon Teacake
Cooked 160o for 20 min.

Bedlam Polenta Chips
Alyce's Polenta chips, pge 54 QFITT ( delicious ). I placed them in the basket that had been sprayed with oil and preheated to 200o for about 12 minutes. We loved them.

Bedlam Prawns
Had stir fry vegies with rice.  DD and I had some prawns with ours, I tossed them in a little cornflour, sprayed with oil and air fried for 4 min at 200c, lovely and crispy on outside and juicy in middle.  

CP Lamb Forequarter Chop
I cooked a lamb forequarter chop 180o for 15 mins. No pinkness, just perfect.

Uni Loaf of bread
Used half quantity of Chookies No Fuss Recipe, 1st rise in the TM bowl, second rise in the a/f baking dish (not lined), preheated  a/f for 3 mins @ 200o.  Cooked 11 minutes then a further 2 minutes out of the dish.

Uni Fried eggs
Preheat a/f to 200o, place a sprayed pan into the basket and heat for 1 minute.  Add the eggs and cook 3 minutes.

Uni Caramelised onions
20 mins in a preheated oven @ 200o tossed with 2 tbspns oil and adding a sprinkle of brown sugar in the last 5 mins.

Uni Jacket Potatoes
Straight into a non-preheated a/f, wrapped in foil - 3 small potatoes (350 grams) 30 mins @ 200o.

Uni Scrambled eggs
Preheat the pan to 200o with a knob of butter whilst scrambling the eggs, a dash of milk, salt and pepper. Depending on how you like your eggs, start checking after 1.5 minutes.  Uni cooked hers for 2 minutes.

Uni Crispy crumbed mushrooms Recipe from FB
Button Mushroom 10 pieces
Egg White 1
Parmesan Cheese 2 tablespoon
Breadcrumbs 3 tablespoon
Salt & Pepper

1. Use damp paper towel to clean mushroom gently.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, salt & pepper.
3. In a Ziploc bag place egg white and mushrooms. Shake well to coat.
4. Then add in breadcrumb mixture and shake well again to let mushrooms evenly coated with the crumbs.
5. Line a baking sheet inside the basket and place mushrooms in an even layer. Spray lightly with oil.
6. Airfry for 8-10 min or until golden brown at 200o.

* For those who don't take cheese, can use chopped herbs to replace  

Uni did her version of Lentil sausage rolls in batches for 10 minutes @ 180o.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:53:16 am by judydawn »

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re: Air Fryer temperature and times - general guidelines
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 03:17:13 am »
Good list. Now I don't have to search everywhere for settings :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:35:29 am »
You can download another recipe book here - I think it might be for the smaller model but it has a lot more recipes than the one that came with the XL Philips model.  
https://www.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hd9220_26/hd9220_26_irb_aen.pdf

Contents

Crispy potato skin wedges
French Fries
Eggplant fries
Parsnip fries
Zucchini fries
Potato croquettes
Sweet potato fries with curried yoghurt
Sweet potato fries with maple pecan glaze
Rosemary russet potato chips
Curried cauliflower florets
Bacon wrapped prawns
Cheddar bacon croquettes
Crab croquettes
Jerk chicken wings
Pigs in a blanket
Teriyaki glazed halibut steak
Moroccan meatballs with mint yoghurt
Roasted heirloom tomato with baked feta
Korean BBQ satay
Mushroom, onion and feta frittata
Chimichurri skirt steak
Roasted Cornish game hen
Portabella pepperoni pizza
Roasted pork chops with pineapple
Steamed salmo wit dil sauce
Cod fish nuggets
Cajun shrimp with jambalaya rice
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Country chicken tenders
Mini cheeseburger sliders
Peanut butter marshmallow fluff turnovers
Coconut flan
Chocolate anglaise
Vanilla souffle
Orange/mango sauce
Thai basil/mint chutney
Honey mustard
Dill sauce
Harissa
Avocado mayo
Garam masala ketchup
Blue cheese dressing
Curry yoghurt
Mint yogurt sauce
Tarragon remoulade
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:24:23 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:41:02 am »
An enormous thank you ladies.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:52:19 am »
Fabulous JD!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:46:24 am »
Thanks JD
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 02:35:26 pm »
Thanks Judy. Downloaded into my ipad :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »
Judy are you able to update for the pork belly? Let me know if you need the details more clearly written.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »
Judy,  thanks for adding to Courton's great list.  Going to try bread rolls.  Unlike bread in SC will need to do a first rise as AF reaches temp quickly.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 12:02:42 am »
Have added the Pork Belly details as per your posting Wonder.  I made the seasoning ages ago and have a piece of pork belly in the freezer so one day, I'll try this method.  I couldn't believe you threw some of the crackling away  :o  I reheat mine in the toaster with one of those silicon toaster bags or you could make your own like this.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:12:26 am »
Love the recipe pdf Judy.  I've saved it for myself, can make some of them in my turbo oven.  Nice recipes.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 12:17:52 am »
Thanks Julie, it's got a lot more in it than the latest booklet with the XL model.  I wonder if your turbo oven times and results are the same as what we do in the air fryer?  I guess if you use some of those recipes and the times stated, we will find out  ;)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 12:38:58 am »
No I wouldn't think so Judy.  It has instant heat but is a bit bigger than the Airfryer so would think it would take longer which isn't an issue though.

It's like an Easycook oven but smaller (have one of those too), so these are the 2 reasons I haven't buckled and bought an AF, though I have ordered a new Actifry (my other one bit the dust about a year ago).  I haven't made chips for so long as once you are used to them made with less oil it's very hard to go back to deep frying IYKWIM.  When I saw them on sale a few days ago at our local elec retailer, I ordered one (had sold out), should be in tomorrow. :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 12:42:42 am »
It sounds as if you have everything covered there Julie ;D  I never made chips at home (sometimes wedges in the oven but rarely) so always looked forward to having chips when I ate out.  The other day, because I can now do low fat chips myself, I ordered a meal which didn't include chips.  My thinking changed immediately with the purchase of the air fryer, I don't order things when I'm out that I can easily cook myself at home.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 01:04:16 am »
Yep, totally agree with what you say.  We all seem to have most cooking methods covered these days.   ;D

Very rarely go out for a meal any more, only because we enjoy it much better at home.  Of course there are times (special occasions for e.g.) which is totally different.  :D