Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038494 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1395 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:41 am »
Sounds pretty Amy, are they for the retreat?

They are very pretty DFM :D I think I will definitely be bringing them on the retreat! As long as everyone promises not to steal them because of how pretty they are :-)) ;D

Don't apologise Amanda, we can see how stressful this must be for you. Just take care of yourself and DS :-*

jakodai

« Reply #1396 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:24 pm »
:-)

My problem is that when I'm stressed, I tend to avoid the things that would help me relax. Not deliberately, of course. I love this forum, and it makes me think about something other than work or hospital appointments!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:38 pm »
Not sure where I should post this, but DD and I came back from a walk and shopping to find a girl sitting down on the sidewalk opposite our house next to a motorbike and a guy on one pointing to our house and next door neighbors more than was comfortable. I really felt like our house was being cased. A little more than uneasy tonight and will be on red alert for the next week. Have a dog. He is old and blind - not much good. Don't even have a softball bat, so will keep the mobile next to me and lock my bedroom door. Police will be 10 mins away if the station is manned. Have rolled down the blinds so no blinking tv or computer lights will show, and keep manually changing the outside lights. Will probs get up during the night and change the outside lights in case anyone is watching (help - next I will be wearing an alfoil helmet...) Thank god I know our neighbor has a gun and he would come through the back fence like Ned Kelly to protect us  ;D  (have never been broken into before, but I tell you these people were sus)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 28, 2012, 03:24:36 pm »
Good grief CP - stay safe!  Hope everything is ok and you don't need to call the police or you neighbour. And thank you - your post reminded me I need to go and lock the gate.

Oh in lieu of a softball bat (which is very handy to have)  - rolling pin :)

Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 28, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »
yeah I wish I could lift the rolling pin mum gave me, but we are both on red alert. she has just come home from girlfriends chat night and admitted that she was sus also. we are making alternative arrangements inside our home...not happy  :-[

*suzanne*

« Reply #1400 on: July 28, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »
Wow CP I hope all is ok, it sure is terrible when we can't even feel safe in our own homes.

Today we went to DS2's footy then it was team photos which took half the day, cleaned the house, did all the washing and then we went to the IL's for dinner and among all of that DS1 has caught the cold that everybody in the family (except me) has had so hopefully that's the end of sickness for the year

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 28, 2012, 04:36:33 pm »
I hope everything is OK CP? Is DH away?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 28, 2012, 05:14:24 pm »
DH is FIFO. DD has come home from being with her girlfriends and now we are going to lock up tight. She didn;t like the look of those people opposite our house today, and now we will go into lock down for the rest of the week. She is sleeping with me tonight and I will lock my bedroom door and all doors that could get to us - scary!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:47 pm »
Oh hope all is ok cp... I doubt they would be hanging around casing the place like that though .. If it was legit they would be alot more discreet than sitting across the road...just go bonkers like a crazy woman if anyone were to come o to your property..half the time people are scared of crazy .. Seriously though hope you at least sleep easy.. I have or had two dogs able to have a go at anyone, an alarm with sos codes and buttons and high rigid femcing and closed metallic solid gate and i still feel u easy when dh is not home..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 28, 2012, 10:38:05 pm »
That's worrying.  A few years ago I was sleeping with the sliding doors wide open when I say a tiny flash light at the back fence. There were two kids climbing my fence to steal my garden solar lights. A bit stupid as they give off quite a lot of light early after dark. Anyway I turned on the high beam outside light and stepped outside stark naked. That was enough to frighten them off. I found out later that quite a few of the neighbours had their lights  stolen that night.

I would be the opposite I think. I would turn all the lights on, open the blinds and invite them in while holding my cricket bat in hand..

Hope younger some sleep this week.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 28, 2012, 10:42:41 pm »
Oh CP that is scary. How dare they intimidate you in front of your house.

Hope all is OK.

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 28, 2012, 10:44:23 pm »
CP - if you haven't already - report it to the police.  I agree with Gert!!  Do you have an alarm system??  Do hope it all goes away and you can get some sleep.  When does DH get back?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 28, 2012, 10:53:20 pm »
I agree call the police station and report the weird people not from your street hanging about...often they will drive by during the night to check there is nothing weird going on... My gf had some creepy guy come into her neighbours garden and she rang the police and they drove by her house seceral times during the night..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:39 pm »
CP i hope you are ok.
Yes report it to police.
They will drive around and check at nite.

We have 2  police officers in our estate.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:29 am »
How disturbing CP :( I really hope nothing bad happens to you and your family. Those people do sound very strange. I agree with the others that you should let the police know.