Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036744 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1110 on: July 17, 2012, 10:28:57 am »
Lol. Well just being honest :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:34 am »
I feel terrible right now :(

My mum just reminded me that it was nana and grandpa's 64th wedding anniversary today. With grandpa being in hospital, nana would have spent it alone.
But not only was it their anniversary, but it was 6 years ago today that they got a phone call saying that their youngest son had had a massive stroke and was on life support on Royal Perth Hospital.

I wish mum had reminded me earlier. I would have gone up and stayed with them :(

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 17, 2012, 10:42:18 am »
 l had a lovely  surprise in the mail today  as l had totally forgot about ordering it

my second bowl came today  and l was glad that the varoma part did not come with it as l have no where to store it (as  l was not shore if it came  as a package deal or not ) and was also glad that no stupid black spatula came with it too

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 17, 2012, 10:43:57 am »
Oh Amy, don't be too hard on yourself, we all forget things sometimes. I feel for you tho, it is not easy when you realise/find out something like that.  :( . I'm sure they won't hold it against you.  :)
How is your G'pa?
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:22 am »
Thanks Astarra :)
Mum just spoke to nana on the phone. She has told grandpa about his sister's brain tumour. Its hard to know how he feels about it because he doesn't really display his emotions, but I know it will be hard on him. One of his brothers died of the same thing :(
But on the positive side, he was very happy because a "nice lady" (;)) took him for a walk up the hospital corridor and he said it made him feel good :D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 17, 2012, 02:34:54 pm »
Went to the gym today after taking a week off. My glutes are feeling quite sore now and I think the rest of me will be sore tomorrow. 

I wnet for a run with DD this afternoon. It was the first time that we have ever run together. It was fun.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:06 pm »
Baked bread, tidied, cleaned, washed loads of bedding and towels (6 loads) as we finally have a dry day to hang washing out. About to start ironing again. Made a stew, moved the pony around on his bare grazing, after 3 hours in a better paddock.

On the cleaning front a good cleaner is worth their weigh in gold, well had a cleaner once and the house just got dirtier..... And we were paying her a lot per hour. She never moved the bins, emptied rubbish or did skirting boards. Not sure quite what happened. Anyway my work was cut to almost nothing so I was able truthfully to say, sorry I've got no work, so I cant afford help. And then set about cleaning up after her. Madness!
When I do a room I do it thoroughly. DH can be a clean freak so hardwork at times.

Have also tied a few things back in the garden today and put out more slug pellets. The slugs were obviously partying last week on the new plants and some things are now looking a bit sad!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 17, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »
Have also tied a few things back in the garden today and put out more slug pellets. The slugs were obviously partying last week on the new plants and some things are now looking a bit sad!
Slugs and snails are the only things that's enjoying this rainy weather DJ. :D :D There are massive ones trailing through our garden and they seem to be able to crawl under our backdoor,although we don't know how :o :o Awful things make me shudder :P :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 17, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »
Agree. Hate the feel of them when picked up accidentally.... And me a farm girl! LOL.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:10 pm »
Agree. Hate the feel of them when picked up accidentally.... And me a farm girl! LOL.
I'm a bit squeamish and put on rubber gloss to pick them up or get DH to do it :D :D
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 17, 2012, 07:05:33 pm »
Been into London today and have only been home an hour.
My  iPhone stopped working on the way home,kaput :o :o So I had to ask a fellow passenger if I could use his,as I always tell DH what time train I am on so he can pick me up from our local station.
Had a lovely time with DD and GS in London ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:14:41 pm by Cornish Cream »

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »
Glad you had a great time cc.. Pity about the phone..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 17, 2012, 07:55:17 pm »
Agree with frozzie.
All our phones stopped working last week when 02 went off network. It was a nightmare as trying to meet up with friends while away.

Show how utterly reliant we are on them now!

Will the Olympics affect your travelling CC?

I now can't do the demo on Monday as got to help family. Roads are even worse than usual I think.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 17, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »
Agree with frozzie.
All our phones stopped working last week when 02 went off network. It was a nightmare as trying to meet up with friends while away.

Show how utterly reliant we are on them now!

Will the Olympics affect your travelling CC?

I now can't do the demo on Monday as got to help family. Roads are even worse than usual I think.
I agree with you DJ we so rely on our phones.
Traveling wasn't too bad today.A recording of Boris Johnson kept blasting out over the tannoy telling us to plan our journey at these busy times :-)) :-))  It will affect me as I use but the Jubilee Line and the DLR both lines are prime ways into Stratford :P The other problem will be using the roads if my DH comes to collect me in the car.With the new designated Olympic lanes it will cause chaos as you have only one lane to use at times.Fines if you are caught in the Olympic Lane £125 a pop :-X
Sorry to hear you can't get to the demo,you must be disappointed.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 17, 2012, 08:43:15 pm »
Well I have finally learnt to manage things better, but unexpectedly have to take some one to something on Monday so that was that. Hopefully we will hear about the demo?
Do you know anyone who is going?