Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036383 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2012, 08:06:02 am »
Get well quickly Astarra and Amy watch out for those doors.
I remember walking into one in the middle of the night and did the same thing. We had just moved to a small (gossipy) country town and that day I had been discussing domestic violence with the year 7's. I didn't dare go to school or show my face until I could cover it with makeup.

Thanks cookie :-*
I laughed at your little story but then I felt mean because you obviously hurt yourself :-[

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:59 am »
Don't feel mean Amy. It was hilarious. I knew if someone saw my black eye my poor darling DH would be accused of beating me, no matter how much he denied it. He just told everyone I had a severe migraine and couldn't come out into the light for a few days.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:54 am »
Okay :)
It sounds like a very smart idea that you stayed home cookie, especially in a gossipy town where you hadn't lived for very long. You probably would have had police knocking on your door if anyone had seen you :-X

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 22, 2012, 08:30:53 am »
Stacelee that is just wonderful. Love the ol singers not that I could use them.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 22, 2012, 09:46:47 am »
Stacelee that is just wonderful. Love the ol singers not that I could use them.

Gert

Same  :P....I have an old original lurking somewhere in storage...doesn't fit my decor anymore....maybe I should sell it.

Enjoyed my 5 hours shopping, although regretting that I wore heeled boots...my tootsies are aching!!!
I have many things stored in my mind for future purchases...would be nice if someone else could pay for them though  :)
Chelsea's strog is cooking whilst I enjoy a glass or 4 of red, then have to pack the car with footy gear.....we have to leave at 6.45 am tomorrow  :-))  So far the boys have won 10 straight games  :)
Have a 21st tomorrow night, haven't been to one in ages...should be interesting...those young chickies in their skimpy outfits really make a girl feel older!  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

stacelee

« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2012, 10:09:48 am »
Blasphemy Maddy, Blasphemy....a sewing machine is not decor :P.

I accidentally started to collect old sewing machines thanks to my Dad and my grandmother.  Dad accidentally bought an old Singer treadle when he bought a batch of catering equipment....its actually from the late 1800's and the cabinet was restored for my 21st birthday.  I also have inherited my grandmother's industrial.....since then I have been given or been bought quite a few other ones, most of which are actually operational.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2012, 10:37:18 am »
I took my Thermie on a road trip to McLaren Vale today (packed safely in his black travel bag). I had to visit my in-laws and my MIL asked me to help her make some desserts while I was there. I thought whilst Thermie was there he may as well make lunch as well. Chelsea's creamy prawn risotto, which my in-laws absolutely loved (thanks Chelsea!).

I picked up our wedding photo's whilst I was in McLaren Vale, DH & I are sitting on the bed looking at them now. Will post some photos soon.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2012, 10:43:58 am »
Yay, look forward to seeing them, Katiej.  ;D
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2012, 10:44:59 am »
I love wedding photos :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2012, 11:26:33 am »
I took my Thermie on a road trip to McLaren Vale today (packed safely in his black travel bag). I had to visit my in-laws and my MIL asked me to help her make some desserts while I was there. I thought whilst Thermie was there he may as well make lunch as well. Chelsea's creamy prawn risotto, which my in-laws absolutely loved (thanks Chelsea!).

I picked up our wedding photo's whilst I was in McLaren Vale, DH & I are sitting on the bed looking at them now. Will post some photos soon.
Will be looking forward to that Katie.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2012, 01:40:41 pm »
Waiting for the wedding photos Katie!

Today I went to Katanning, our regional centre, soon to be Super Town (Hahahahahahaha!) and had my nails done. I have horrible hands so I get my nails done to make them look a little nicer.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »
Forget about the hands MJ I hope,you are bringing some anti creases solutions to the ForumFest.  I have beyond redemption railway tracks that need some filling.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2012, 02:00:39 pm »
Haha! Gretchen, I have some wonder products just for you!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 22, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »
Haha! Gretchen, I have some wonder products just for you!

I wonder what  they may be  but if they contain spackfilla  all will be fine.

Gert

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 22, 2012, 02:16:04 pm »
MJ you do not have horrible hands at all, and your nails look lovely too. I have been enjoying your lip balms, and I probably went a little overboard as I have one in every room just about. If you can bring along some hair conditioner to the retreat that would be great, cos I didn't see that on your website and thats why I didn't order it. Please PM me with the cost so I can have the right cash. You should bring a heap of goodies cos I am sure you will sell a bootload.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand