Author Topic: Baby rusks  (Read 8990 times)

Offline Lollypop

• View Profile
Baby rusks
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:15:11 am »
Hello, i have had my thermomix for 5 months and l am enjoying it.. I am a new mum with a 6 month old girl.. i love how easy it is to make baby food in my mix... but.. I tryed to make the baby rusks from the recipe in the thermo book and they came out to crumbly and break very easy, i am worried if i give them to my baby it will break off and cause he to choke on it.. has anyone made these rusks and succeeded... or should i try to make some buttermilk ones, i have seen people talking about on this site..

Offline Lexi

• View Profile
Re: Baby rusks
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 09:12:01 am »
Am interested myself if any answers
Mum to 2 preschoolers and a mobile baby, SA

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: Baby rusks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:31:37 pm »
I made these for the first time today as an add-on to a basic demo.  As I had forgotten to bring the wheat grains, I made using buckwheat.  With the amount of wheatgerm in the recipe, it was quite challenging to get the rusks solid enough by the time they went into the oven.  I waited for the prescribed 40 mins but it did seem as if they turn out quite soft and easily crumbled. 

It was an honour to make them today.  It is the first time I have used expressed breastmilk in a Thermomix recipe! 

They came out looking like nice biscuits but not sure if they would withstand the treatment a baby usually gives a rusk!!  More updates from experienced TMXers, please.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution