Author Topic: Salmon with carrots and tomato  (Read 3757 times)

Offline reyrey

• View Profile
Salmon with carrots and tomato
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:51 am »
This is the first recipe i've modified for thermomix - I used to make this dish for my eldest (pre thermomix) when she was about 8 months and now have made it for my youngest (using the thermomix!)

Makes 5-6 portions (4 oz portions)

Ingredients:
4 carrots peeled and chopped
1 skinless salmon fillet (mine weighed 220g)
30-40g butter
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
40-50g grated cheese

1. Place salmon in varoma and carrots in tray above - put one litre in bowl and set thermomix to varoma 20 minutes. You may need to check and increase cooking time depending on thickness of salmon and how you've chopped your carrots! My salmon cooked faster, so I removed it and had to add an extra 4 minutes for the carrots.
2. Set aside carrots and flake salmon in a separate bowl (removing any soft bones if any.
3. Pour water out of bowl (no need to wash). Add butter and tomatoes and cook 100 degrees for 8 minutes speed 2. I added the carrots through the lid from about 4 minutes, though you can also add them at the end.
4. Add cheese (whilst mixture is still warm) and blend to desired consistency
5. Add salmon and blend to desired consistency.

Freeze unused portions :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Salmon with carrots and tomato
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:45:36 am »
Welcome to the forum reyrey.Your first posting with a lovely recipe,thank you. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: Salmon with carrots and tomato
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »
Welcome  :D
This sounds a great recipe which I will be trying for my family. Thank you.  :-*
:D