Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198557 times)

Offline mumof2

• View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #300 on: March 20, 2012, 09:30:11 pm »
I find the whole notion that Bellini owners feel this need to continually comment, on several different forums, about TMX owners feeling as though they need to justify having spent $2K when they have spent under $300, entirely ridiculous.  It is simple, you get what you pay for.  If they can only afford a Bellini, then go ahead and have fun learning and experimenting. 

Having said that, I would be worried that there have been sooo many issues with basic things, like the recipes in the boook not working.  I read on one forum a response that they received from the Bellini company in relation to the recipe failures.  Their response was that they (the company) are urgently working on the recipes, and in the meantime, reduce the heat to combat the burning - nothing about cooking times which would also need to be adjusted.  It is this sheer unprofessional business practice that is incredible.

We love our Thermie, and the professional reputation that comes with something that has stood the test of time - through various upgrades/adjustments etc.  I don't care that there are other machines that supposedly "do all that a TMX does", because we are happy with our little man!!  I just hope for the sake of those who are now Bellini owners, that the company stands up and comes good with fixing the "teething" problems, and that the machine is safe for use.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:29 pm »
The very idea that the company responsible for the Bellini is 'urgently' working on recipes is ludicrous. We all know how hard and long that process is, developing, testing three times, printing etc..  Not a doubt in my mind they have some poor bugger ripping off our recipes and adapting them as we speak. I wonder that anybody cooking their food at 120 degrees is thinking that is beneficial nutritionally as well as machine wise.  People think the next shipment is going to be improved and  you can bet that ain't gunna happen. That container load is probably on the high sea already and steaming for Australia.

There is plenty of information about this company in the public domain If anyone is really interested. If you do not heed the warnings then you cannot then complain afterwards about their methods.

I can understand people selling their Thermomix  if they need the money but more likely they keep it in the cupboard and never really learned how use it properly.  How many of us  never use our varoma?  Once you start to you never put it away as it is  so versatile. Thermomix users are generally people who love cooking and are willing to learn new methods that save us time and money. Plus all the wonderful healthy eating cooks like Quirky Jo give us so many ideas outside the square.  Seems every mother and child these days has some sort of food issue and  the Thermomix being  a virtual lifesaver.

It would be wonderful,it there was a 'real' competitor on the market  but that is not the Bellini Intelli Kitchen Machine. Pity.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 20, 2012, 11:00:11 pm »
I dont read the other forums, really cant be bothered with peoples attitude. Why knock us, then of course when they need help or want to try recipes where will they come, here?!?!?

I hope the company doesnt rip off recipes from our beloved forum.

Last night on today tonight there was a segment on bread. I am so glad thanks to TM I make my own, too mch salt in a lot of bread out there.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »
I dont read the other forums, really cant be bothered with peoples attitude. Why knock us, then of course when they need help or want to try recipes where will they come, here?!?!?

I hope the company doesnt rip off recipes from our beloved forum.

Last night on today tonight there was a segment on bread. I am so glad thanks to TM I make my own, too mch salt in a lot of bread out there.

And other crap Hally. Some of that bread is so wet it goes moldy here in a few hours. Nothing like homemade bread and so much cheaper as well as being easy.  Maybe not for a big family though.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 20, 2012, 11:33:43 pm »
I find the whole notion that Bellini owners feel this need to continually comment, on several different forums, about TMX owners feeling as though they need to justify having spent $2K when they have spent under $300, entirely ridiculous.

Actually I find it insulting and indicative of the narrowminded and meanspirited undertones of comments from some members of other forums. While some of us may be a little obsessed with our thermies  ;D ;D this forum's members show a wonderful generosity of spirit in their sharing of recipes, ideas and other useful info. Also I find this constant obsession with price only tiresome. There are other important factors such as quality, reliability, expected life of the purchase and benefits (like health benefits) to consider. Some of the current processed/packaged stuff masquerading as food is really not fit for human consumption and don't get me started on salt, sugar and other additives, not to mention GM "food".

While I'm up here on my soapbox....   Just to put things in perspective, as far as costs go, when I purchased my thermie I expected it to pay for itself (in dollar terms) in about 2 years, based on a saving of about $20 per week in food expenses for a family of 5. (DH assured me the thermie was superbly engineered and would survive the perils of my kitchen for many years.) I also expected immediate reduction in the time I spent in the kitchen cooking and baking for the family. (I have never been a fan of packaged, processed or takeaway food.) And that is before considering the huge benefits of not having to eat processed/packaged food.

In fact, my expectations were way too modest. By taking advantage of all the great recipes and other info here on this forum, thermie paid for itself in less than a year (well about 9 months actually) :) :) :)  And, as many others have commented here, preparing a huge range of foods is not only possible but quick and easy. Money very well spent and well worth saving for. (End of rant ;D)

BTW Love, love, love this forum :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:03:26 am by djinni373 »
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 21, 2012, 12:57:03 am »
Gert, your foccacia costs next to nothing to make & that would feed 2 families :)

My dh & ds wont eat shop bread now, i bought a small loave for sandwiches for the plane, its in thevfreezer & will probably stay there until we feed the birds.LOL

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 21, 2012, 01:14:32 am »
I don't think $2000 is a lot to spend on a cooking appliance that will last years. :)

How much do we spend on dishwashers, washing machines, clothes dryers and they only last a couple of years. I am buying a new washing machine this week.

I have a kitchen aid as well, but I use it for larger cake mixes.

You do get what you pay for.
Also surprised not many cafes / coffee shops have a thermomix.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 21, 2012, 04:08:43 am »
I also bet some of these families have 4 wheel drives. Nothing wrong with them, but costly to run.

mcmich

« Reply #308 on: March 21, 2012, 05:44:03 am »
While I'm up here on my soapbox....   Just to put things in perspective, as far as costs go, when I purchased my thermie I expected it to pay for itself (in dollar terms) in about 2 years, based on a saving of about $20 per week in food expenses for a family of 5. (DH assured me the thermie was superbly engineered and would survive the perils of my kitchen for many years.) I also expected immediate reduction in the time I spent in the kitchen cooking and baking for the family. (I have never been a fan of packaged, processed or takeaway food.) And that is before considering the huge benefits of not having to eat processed/packaged food.

In fact, my expectations were way too modest. By taking advantage of all the great recipes and other info here on this forum, thermie paid for itself in less than a year (well about 9 months actually) :) :) :)  And, as many others have commented here, preparing a huge range of foods is not only possible but quick and easy. Money very well spent and well worth saving for. (End of rant ;D)

BTW Love, love, love this forum :-* :-* :-*
[/quote]
I wish I could say the same. I love my thermomix although with all the lovely new thermomix cookbooks I have purchased and tried loads of new recipes I think my food bill has gone up. We probably eat out less now and more healthily. The time in the kitchen has probably gone up too but it is time that is relaxing (except when trying to make puff pastry) and enjoyable to me. I don't regret for moment purchasing thermomix and I have had no complaints from Hubby either.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 21, 2012, 06:48:54 am »
Wow! I go away for a couple of weeks and look what happens! Have been reading this thread with interest - I actually first heard of this machine today at my Varoma demo. One of my guests mentioned it - she's a TMX owner so she was understandably a little scathing about it.
I researched the TMX thoroughly before I decided to purchase (this forum was the clincher I think  :)), and I would do the same for a $400 appliance; so there's no way I'd buy the Bellini when it's only been on the market a few weeks. I'd want it to be thoroughly tested, reviewed and demonstrated that it would last. Those who have purchased one have been ripped off IMO because the company selling it have claimed that it's just like the TMX so they rushed in to buy it without doing the research, thinking it would be OK because it's comparable to a quality product like TMX.
Looking forward to reading the reviews when I have more time.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline nekhbet

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:37 pm »
Apparently target posted on their FB page a reply saying that the new machines Coming in have a software update to prevent burning?? Huh?  What would that do?  I would have thought they needed to fix the distribution of heat?  Either that or improve the mixing of food (again design). I suppose they could turn down the heat or increase blade speed in the programming, but I would think you would just change the recipe book (especially since they are doing that anyway).

Oh for those that bought one- apparently you can exchange for the updated version, of you think that would help.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »
Funny you should mention that nekhbet as I did post on FB a query about the "software" update and they removed it so I posted again. I wonder if I will get deleted again?

There was also a posting on another forum that said this shipment of Bellini's was supposed to go to The US but was rejected on safety grounds. Now that is just  not true.  There is a lot of misinformation and these days you cannot believe everything your read much less see what with the about of photo shopping going on.

Let me see now what I can do about my wrinkles. LOL!

Gert

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 21, 2012, 11:35:59 pm »
Gert and Hally, where can I find this foccacia recipe? I saw it in a thread, but I can't lay my hands on it!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »
Well you won't find it here. I had to go back through my posts to find it here.

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=8955.30

It was a Jaimie Olivers bread recipe.

It uses a kilo of flour so it will make a huge one. And it rises and rises and rises.

Have a look at the photos Hally posted.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2012, 02:32:31 am »
The link to Jamie Oliver's pizza dough is in this thread - we do have a warning to halve his recipe.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.