Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198253 times)

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #285 on: March 19, 2012, 09:53:36 am »
I was just looking at the yourhomedepot site.  They sell a blade and jug set for the TC - just under $90.  Wish the TMX jug set was a bit more affordable (or should I say......justifiable to DH).
I will invest in that I think.
Where I bought TC I rec'd a pizza oven with it.
They now have an extra jug quite often.  Wish I had the extra jug even tho I love the pizza oven.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 19, 2012, 11:18:23 am »
  Wish I had the extra jug even tho I love the pizza oven.

The pizza oven is my 2nd most used appliance......love it!    :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2012, 03:19:03 am »
  Wish I had the extra jug even tho I love the pizza oven.

The pizza oven is my 2nd most used appliance......love it!    :)

Really Maddy? I have umm'd and arh'd over a pizza oven for a long while... do share more lol

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2012, 06:46:42 am »
Ive just bought a rip off Kitchenaid Mixer called 'american original" off catch of the day for $148.....does this put me in the same corner as people buying Bellinis?????

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2012, 06:49:52 am »
Baf, you have a TMX - why did you feel you needed this new machine.  What are you planning on using it for that the TMX doesn't do?  I don't have a Kitchenmaid.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2012, 07:24:52 am »
judy....ive never really liked the cakes that come out of the TM....not enough air for my liking and never been inspired enough to be bothered to make a pavlova
oh and plus i am just a gadget junkie!! LOL

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2012, 07:27:02 am »
Yeh I need a mixer just for things like pav. I have not had a lot of success in the TM. (only once)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2012, 07:31:31 am »
judy....ive never really liked the cakes that come out of the TM....not enough air for my liking and never been inspired enough to be bothered to make a pavlova
oh and plus i am just a gadget junkie!! LOL

I hope it works for you. I know nothing about baking so am happy making cakes like the Guinness Chocolate  one which is dense and about my only  effort cake wise.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2012, 07:47:42 am »
Ive just bought a rip off Kitchenaid Mixer called 'american original" off catch of the day for $148.....does this put me in the same corner as people buying Bellinis?????

LOL....no it doesn't Baf......you are not saying you got a machine exactly  like a kitchenaid, for only $148  ;)   it's the product we were questioning, not the people  ;)
Have never heard of it Baf, but hope it works well for you.

Judy.....I admit I still like making some of my cakes with the mixer.....particularly any of the crabapple bakery ones....they just do not like being converted to the TM!  >:(

LeeJ....I bought the "Pizza Maker" the black one.  We often throw veg, left overs whatever on a pita base or dough.  My oven is large, so it takes a long time to heat up or grill, so in under 3 mins, I can have pita pizza's ready, or any grilling needed, I place it on greaseproof paper....much quicker  ;)
with this model, you get a deep dish for frittata's, omletes etc....but I haven't used that yet.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2012, 10:24:51 am »
Definitely not baf.
For special cakes I still use a mixer, but for everyday ones they get done in the TMX. I don't have a kitchen aid but a very old Kenwood.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2012, 10:40:59 am »
Maddy, I was just reading the taste forum reviews and really admired you for giving it to them straight about the Bellini machine vs TMX. Good on you!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2012, 10:52:24 am »
LOL.....it maybe appear I'm a member of "cult thermomix"  :P 

Honestly, it's no skin off my nose if anyone buys one, but I would be piffed to spend money on something that has a high expectation....and then fails  :-\  we all have enough of those in our cupboards....dont we.
I personally like to research appliances before I buy......I guess it's just a matter of time before Aldi bring one out next, then it starts again with the comparisons....."Yawn".....:P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2012, 10:58:33 am »
I was reading some of the blogs as well and the issue of burnt base seems to be happening all too frequently. But you know what, the more we tell them about TMX superior qualities the more we appear as TMX snobs. Let's just wait and see how it all pans out.

Btw,did you say you have an aldi coffee machine and that it is good? ( I can't remember who mentioned it) ...it is tempting to buy it for visitors use...we drink very little coffee and then are quite happy with instant.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:23 am »

Btw,did you say you have an aldi coffee machine and that it is good? ( I can't remember who mentioned it) ...it is tempting to buy it for visitors use...we drink very little coffee and then are quite happy with instant.

I do have one, and I'm really happy with it.  I only have lattes, and I found the Milano pod (no. 10) the best flavour.
My previous machine used pods from Italy, and cost me 3 times as much, with added postage.....and the flavour is exactly the same as the Aldi Milano, so win win  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #299 on: March 20, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »
First review on product review.com.au

And this person owned a TM previously. Wonder if it's the same person who sold their TM to by a Belilini.
Poor woman would be so disappointed :(

http://www.productreview.com.au/p/bellini-intelli-kitchen-master.html
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.