Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198248 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2012, 03:32:11 am »
Oh Maddy . .  (closes eyes . . . cringes) . . . if it weren't so disappointing for those who bought the things it would be totally laughable!  It's like a bad sitcom . . the edges of the spatula melted . . . .??????? :-)) :-)) ??? ???

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2012, 03:44:37 am »
It is cringe-worthy.....and shame on target for putting out there a below average product, to cash in and make a buck.....there will be many dissatisfied customers.  If a TM is out of the budget, a thermochef would be a much better choice.  
The best outcome would be for the likes of Breville/Sunbeam etc., to produce a similar product, that will actually have quality control, and have done their homework, actually using the machine and creating and testing their own recipes, before putting it out there on the market.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:52:52 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2012, 04:10:46 am »
Commonsense would tell you that if you take a cheap stainless steel pan, put it on a cheap and nasty element, turn the heat up to  120 degrees then you will  get burning  even if you stir it constantly with a wooden spoon.

There are some Thermomix 21 for sale on ebay and that may be a better option  than even the ThermoChef. At least they have withstood the test of time and still look good, perform and well because people who cook value them and have most probably ugraded to the TMX 31.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Babymaker

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2012, 04:14:43 am »
Yes i saw thermalicious commented..i wouldnt bother as they have their minds made up about a machine they dont seem to know much about except the price.. Not worth entering into it.. They will eventually understand..

I think anyone can afford it that way.. Save up etc.. So many have commented on here about reduction in shopping bills not to mention making everything or most from scratch so know what your family is esting not to mention time saver and i could go on but thats preaching to the choir

Haha that would be me, batting for the thermomix team ;)
Cooking is like love.  It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.  ~Harriet van Horne

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2012, 04:31:08 am »
Yes i saw thermalicious commented..i wouldnt bother as they have their minds made up about a machine they dont seem to know much about except the price.. Not worth entering into it.. They will eventually understand..

I think anyone can afford it that way.. Save up etc.. So many have commented on here about reduction in shopping bills not to mention making everything or most from scratch so know what your family is esting not to mention time saver and i could go on but thats preaching to the choir

Haha that would be me, batting for the thermomix team ;)

LOL....deaf ears over there I'm afraid b.maker  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2012, 04:38:03 am »

LOL....deaf ears over there I'm afraid b.maker  ;)

Sometimes saying nothing speaks louder.  ;)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2012, 07:08:48 am »
Oh babymaker like maddy says deaf ears im afraid but i do feel sorry for them and anyone who bought one.. Im just hoping everyone gets their money back...scary and perhaps target should have done their homework too that the product was banned elsewhere..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2012, 08:02:01 am »
Ultimately you should be getting a product that performs as it states,  regardless if you spend $200 or $2 k.
It's what the consumer is entitled to.
I really hope it does get sorted, or at least an equivalent product, thats in a realistic price backet for most people.
No one should have to be scrubbing scorched jugs when you cook with heat.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2012, 08:15:31 am »
The Australian company responsible for the Bellini should shoulder some of the responsibility don't ya think? After all they must have commissioned the manufacturing of it. I think they sell all their Bellini products through Target. As a shareholder in Wesfarmers  I am not happy to sell crap that is returned .  Don't care so much about the crap that sells and works though. LOL!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2012, 08:53:19 am »
Too true Gretchen. We shareholders have to stick together. It will be time for dividend soon. Hopefully it will pay most of my Singapore trip, not what I spend though. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2012, 09:17:01 am »
Don't worry about the spending. Life is short . So let us know if you find anything interesting. Last time I was in SIngapore  I found there were no bargains but some different stuff. I bought nothing as I am not a shopper. Eating is my thing. I love the food  and wine stores. Have no interest in clothes or stuff. Singapore is  so easy to get around these days. A bit different from my first trip there in 1965 when we stayed a Raffles and could actually afford it.

Enjoy.

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2012, 09:08:59 pm »

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »
Gert - Nothing quite like truth in advertising! It says: " Same properties as the Thermomix without the $2000 price tag" . . . some of these people have no conscience - what a total goose! . . . and a "Buy it now" price of $430!! :o :o :o

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2012, 09:49:12 pm »
Buyer beware eh?  Glad I took that photo. Oh and someone on another forum said I "sneakily" took those photos which is  a blatant lie. I was moving all around Target employees restocking the shelves holding my iPad  at arms length and shelf height. If they did not see what I was doing they must have been blind. Also I took the machine all apart and moved the pieces while one Target employee actually moved some boxes to help me. Very nice they were too. It is amazing how some people do not read and more do not listen and interpret what they want like a game of  "gossip"!  Laughed out loud at that comment.

I would love to put a comment on eBay telling people the real price of that machine. And what  about the person selling the spatula that came from Helene's site  for more than you can buy it directly from  superkitchenmachine. And it comes from Canada?   I suppose some people are gullible enough to do it

Gert.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:50:21 pm by Gertbysea »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2012, 10:01:33 pm »
Gert, the target employees wouldn't care less, and honestly we all have the right to thoroughly inspect a product that is on the shelves for sale.
 :P I'm a real pain, and get them to plug the display products in and show me how they work.

eBay can be a fantastic place to source rare and h.t.f. Items, but you still  need to do your research....it's a big play ground for a lot of rogues too  >:(
Remember the same happened with the Aldi expressi.....people were paying high prices on ebay because they couldn't wait for the shelves to be restocked......which I do own one and love, so that proves I'm not an appliance snob  :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:18:18 pm by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!