Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198202 times)

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2012, 05:10:51 am »
I love my TMX to bits but my husband and I have often discussed getting our two daughters and daughter in law one each.  The only thing that worried us was would they use the machine.... Would hate to see it getting dusty and unused in a cupboard somewhere.

We discussed it again last night in light of the Bellini and decided it was worth the risk to go and try and get three this morning.  I was lucky (or not as we will no doubt find out) and got the last three in my local Target.   I have washed and upacked and set up for my two daughters and at first glance and to be honest they don't look that bad.  They seem reasonably solid.  Someone here says they are flimsy but really I thought for the money they will at least show us if the girls will use them or not and if they find them wonderful but crappy and limiting then we can look at getting them the real thing.  As someone has previously said here, there is a one year warranty and if they only last that long then its not a lot to fork out.  I told them these were early mother's day pressies for them:)
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2012, 05:25:30 am »
haha I'm one of the nutters who bought one today  ;D I've unpacked it to have a quick look, but am working today so won't be able to have a go of it until the weekend unfortunately. I thought it would be great for my beach house, but not sure at this stage whether I will keep it just for myself or let guests who rent our house use it. Spose if I let guests use it for the 1st year and it breaks down its ok, but if I let them use it and one day after the 12 month warranty runs out I'll be spewing spitting chips.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2012, 05:30:06 am »
I love my TMX to bits but my husband and I have often discussed getting our two daughters and daughter in law one each.  The only thing that worried us was would they use the machine.... Would hate to see it getting dusty and unused in a cupboard somewhere.

We discussed it again last night in light of the Bellini and decided it was worth the risk to go and try and get three this morning.  I was lucky (or not as we will no doubt find out) and got the last three in my local Target.   I have washed and upacked and set up for my two daughters and at first glance and to be honest they don't look that bad.  They seem reasonably solid.  Someone here says they are flimsy but really I thought for the money they will at least show us if the girls will use them or not and if they find them wonderful but crappy and limiting then we can look at getting them the real thing.  As someone has previously said here, there is a one year warranty and if they only last that long then its not a lot to fork out.  I told them these were early mother's day pressies for them:)

We will all be interested to see how your girls go with the Bellinis. Good having three to compare how each goes.. Hope  it works out and they will move on to the real deal eventually.

I would think the consultants would be experiencing  a few cancellations of demos about now  which is a shame.

Please keep us informed about the performance of theirs machines.

The importer must be thrilled as well as Target.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 05:51:47 am »
Ah, cream puff. Couldn't help yourself eh?  I can't wait for your review. How about  a loaf of bread and a risotto. That should give a fair indication of what it can do. Also let us know if any of the parts are interchangeable. I forgot to look at the seal of the lid. I am sure the butterfly would work.

This is exciting.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2012, 05:52:38 am »
looking forward to some reports on the Bellini
we all know they arent going to be as good as the thermie, but hey they cant be that bad!!!! and if they get people 'back to basics' - chanting Thermomix mantra - then its all good!

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2012, 05:55:13 am »
I really want my girls to feed their children good healthy homemade food and if it helps I will be pleased.  One daughter has 6 children.... the eldest is 5 then she has a 3 year old, two 2 year olds and two 1 year olds - wrap your minds around that!   anyway she needs all the help she can get and really we should have bought her a "proper" tmx but it wouldn't have been fair on the other two.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2012, 05:58:58 am »
Oh and there was no recipe book in any of the three boxes even though it's advertised on the box.  Apart from that all was good.  YOu would not be able to interchange the seal on the lid it is entirely different.  The bowl and the varoma and all the other bits and pieces look much the same.  I need to compare the Bellini directly with my TMX though to be sure.  I wonder if the plastic on the other bits and pieces is comparable to what TMX is or not.  Hope it's not going to be harmful...

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2012, 06:03:16 am »
You are a very thoughtful Mum Jude - the girls are very lucky.  Looking forward to hearing how they all go with the Bellini and the other girls who have purchased one as well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:18 am »
I'll look forward to what everyone says. I was thinking it would be nice to buy one for DD. She hasn't shifted out yet but misses the TMX when we take it away which is 3-4 months a year. Of course it would be handy to have the extra machine. I'll see how the ones that have been purchased go. Target missed out on my sale this morning as they had run out. DH suggested a rain check but of course there were no rain check.s :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2012, 06:30:25 am »
Jude59, what a great mum you are. Also good for them to trial the fake one, be interesting to see if it will make rhem want to save up and buy the real deal.  Jude tiu daughter has a lot of kids & 2 sets of twins :o wow she must be tired all the time.

CP, get cooking..LOL i was thinking of one for our Kalbarri unit, but would probably bring it home as at the moment we only go up oince oer year. Wheres your beach house? I just dont like transporting my TM around.

Keen for reviews.

Cookie, targets here are useless!!!

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2012, 06:30:28 am »
Well I think that MM should approach the importer for a commission as I think we have sold every Bellini for them! Too funny.

Gert

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2012, 06:31:43 am »
Just wish the real TM would let us purchase the 2nd at 1/2 price, I would buy another :D

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2012, 06:33:53 am »
One daughter has 6 children.... the eldest is 5 then she has a 3 year old, two 2 year olds and two 1 year olds - wrap your minds around that! 

Holy crap Jude59's, your daughter certainly has her hands full there.
I am absolutely sure the Bellini will help her out a lot. She will certainly be giving it a good work out feeding her family.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2012, 06:35:26 am »
Can't wait to hear some reviews. Might have to start a new post called Bellini Kitchen master reviews.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2012, 06:41:33 am »
Out of 12 machines yesterday, there was only 5 boxes left when I got there at 9am. I have a recipe book. the MC fits in the TM hole, but the steaming basket doesn't fit inside the TM jug. I didn't try the Bellini Varoma on my TM cos my genuine lid was in the dishwasher. The spatula is more rubbery and flexible than the TM one. I bought a digital set of scales for $16 that measures from 5g up.

I've decided that I won't put it out for guests to use because they will probably not read the instructions and ruin the butterfly etc. I don't think Vorwerk have anything to worry about, in all likelihood they probably will benefit as more people get used to the concept and buy the real thing when these peg out.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand