Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 198642 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2012, 01:35:25 am »
Well done Gert, I knew someone would check it out and give some feedback. Are the buttons all plastic?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline shanmac

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2012, 01:43:36 am »
OMG - I have just seen this thread, how can they get away with such a blatant copy?

The sad thing is that people who can't afford a TMX will compromise price for quality!
Shannon, Bendigo Victoria - mum of 4

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:19 am »
Now I am waiting in a Thai restaurant for some take away!

Having said it is crap and it is I would definitely buy it for a boat, caravan, beach house, or student. Has a Target Tested warranty I suppose and why not for the price? No reverse but so what. Definitely an alternative and I am sure it will be a seller.

Great gift for kids wanting to move out I say. The blades are pretty poor quality as is the jug and a few extr bits of suspect plastic but  if it lasts a couple of years so be it.  Because the design is from the TMX21 and familiar I can see it even as a back up or second Thermomix. cheaper than an extra jug eh. Think about that.

Gertbysea.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2012, 01:53:15 am »
One year warranty, isn't it?
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

stacelee

« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:02 am »
Compromise is not always a bad thing.  I have a friend who cannot afford a Thermomix at this point in her life so is interested in a Thermochef......it will do what she needs, introduce her to this style of cooking and at some point in the future when she has the money she will probably upgrade to a Thermomix.  At least in the mean time she will have had the opportunity to benefit from the convenience of this type of device.

Ten years ago I could not have afforded to buy a Thermomix....even two and a half years ago, it was a push to afford it.  I would have been quite happy with the Thermochef.....(can't comment on the Bellini cos I haven't seen or tried it).  Yes, the Thermomix is a more powerful machine (whether it is necessarily $1200 or $1500 better is up to the individual, personally as I've already stated...I don't think so) and I love mine....but I also love my Kenwood and my Thermochef.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2012, 01:59:50 am »
if Vorwerk travelling case costs $80 - $120, and you take your TM with you on holidays/weekends- I'm thinking that its pretty good value for the $ as I would rather leave my TM at home and pack the cheapie rather than risk anything happening to it, yet still be able to cook in the same way using my TM recipes.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2012, 02:05:14 am »
My only concern would be the quality of the plastic and stainless steel as you are cooking / heating in it. I was having a contemplation... thinking that it would be good for when I am cooking all my sauces etc that take 45 min to an hour to cook and tie up my TMX when I just want to be getting on and cooking  :o :o I don't think I could buy it because of that concern ... will have to wait for a second TMX  :'( :'(
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2012, 02:33:33 am »
I love watching how the pendulum swings  :D

I too saw the butterfly speed thing and thought "yes!" but that was the only positive. Great photos Gertbysea, lovely to have someone go out on our behalf and do all this sleuthing. Would have been fun to count the boxes on the shelf and go back next week to check  ;)

I like the creative suggestions for how to use it as a second model etc. Just as you suggested Gertbysea... cheaper than a second bowl. Plus, if they are compatible and transferable... possibly two baskets, two measuring caps, two Varomas, and spatulas. Heck, worth the price just for the spare parts?!  :o Ooops, maybe not! I'm pretty sure the old model/Bellini bowl won't fit the TM31, as the shape is slightly different etc so maybe those parts will just have to stay on the Bellini. Oh well. 

Someone asked if Vorwerk might have had something to do with removal of the recipes etc. I highly doubt it. I think it would have been a case of removing due to embarrassment on the part of the Aussie promoter. (It was obviously a rush job without the benefit of true community input. Just look at how sloppy the sorbet is on the video. Any responsible company would have re-shot that scene, imho) From what I can tell by reading into the Vorwerk Annual reports,k Australia is not even on the Vorwerk radar. Yes, there are a lot of TMX sold in Oz, but the numbers are still comparatively small and Australia is 'only' a distributorship, as opposed to a true Vorwerk branch. I doubt they would get involved unless it was something very significant and beyond the realm of the Aussie HO to deal with. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch.

"May we live in interesting times"...

ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2012, 02:46:20 am »
My only concern would be the quality of the plastic and stainless steel as you are cooking / heating in it.

Thats my concern as well. I initially thought it would be a great alternative for our caravan but wouldn't buy it until I   get more info on what it's made from.
Gertbysea - was there any thing on the box about what it's made from?
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:57 am »
Looks to me like the basket might fit. The spatula,definitely. No to the jug and lid  but the cup might. They had  3 in sealed boxes. I looked for the box the thing came out of but couldn't find it. No instructions or cookbook that I could find and I did look. I could not move the boxes out to  look for the "made in" label as I was juggling the iPad  and my handbag which I did not want to put down though I did for a minute to take the jug off which was not so easy. You have to place it and then push down on it into the rubber holders for the prongs so that you could lock the lid under a lip.

Wanna see another Belini product rip off? Target is full of them. Must be having a small electrical appliance sale but couldn't find a cattle dog

Today the machine was $399. Yup at $269 I would  buy it. Cheaper than my toaster.

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:23 am »
Another Bellini rip off.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:47 am »

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2012, 03:50:12 am »
Gert the undercover agent ;D ;D . You have done a great job.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2012, 04:09:26 am »

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2012, 04:09:51 am »