Author Topic: Look what Target has ....  (Read 197532 times)

Offline macdoma

• View Profile
Re: Look what Target has ....
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:27 am »
I thought Vorwerk had international patents on the design concept (not just what it looks like, but the fact that it is multi-function)
My understanding is that Vorwerk only patented the TM31 not the TM21.  That is why the Chinese are only copying the old technology of the TM21 - well for now anyway!.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:22 am »
Well in one way I hope it is good and does everything well so people don't go out and buy it and waste their money.
Really like anything we buy there are always cheaper brands and expensive brands. Usually the expensive brands will give you the best experience and service and last longer (but this isn't always the case)

Can't wait to hear some reviews
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 05:11:52 am »
Also Interesting that a Target in WA is selling it. Wonder if it is anywhere else.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:51 am »
It's advertised in Tassie target catalogue as well. So must be Australia wide I'm guessing.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

mcmich

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 05:21:22 am »
Well in one way I hope it is good and does everything well so people don't go out and buy it and waste their money.
Really like anything we buy there are always cheaper brands and expensive brands. Usually the expensive brands will give you the best experience and service and last longer (but this isn't always the case)

Can't wait to hear some reviews

Couldn't agree more Dede.

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 05:25:55 am »
Thermochef, now Bellini......you can bet Aldi will have one in there range sooner or later.  And then my MIL will get one....she has just about every Aldi product known to man.  Its a good thing they have a caravan to put some of it in!

I had to laugh though......she was using a vacuum sealer the other week and I asked her how she found it, and she said it was fantastic, but she is on her 3rd machine......if it was any other brand she would be saying she would never buy anything made by them ever again.  She has Aldi coarsing through her veins!  Each birthday and Christmas you just wonder what is coming from Aldi.  For Christmas last year they gave us a 2 burner BBQ.....they know we have 2 4 burner BBQs!  You should have heard my husband putting it together...bending frame, holes that didn't line up properly....it was hilarious!

I am not anti-Aldi, but my MIL drives us a bit crazy with her Aldi addiction.

Sorry......I digress  

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 05:28:47 am »
Well for those of us who are 'true' Thermomix fans  8)  here's a look at the people who build our rock-solid machines :-*.
Have you ever seen inside a Thermomix factory??  :o

;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 05:39:41 am »
Well for those of us who are 'true' Thermomix fans  8)  here's a look at the people who build our rock-solid machines :-*.

;)

That is absolutely brilliant. Thank you for translating . What a job, did Vorwerk sent this to you knowing you speak French?   I can't wait for part 2.

So much interesting "stuff" today.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 05:53:53 am »
Ha ha, very funny Gertbysea!

In fact, I worry that Vorwerk won't be pleased at the secret 'views' inside the factory and may ask for this video to be removed on YouTube. For that reason I had to search till I found the original on the French news site. I doubt the news people would take down the original, so I think we fans are safe to view for the time being.

I LOVE this video because it is in stark contrast to what we see coming out of China these days. So NON Apple-like and so not like the Chinese factories. It's another reason to feel warm and fuzzy about owning a Thermomix, imho.

Part two will be different, but relevant  ;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 06:07:28 am »
I thought Vorwerk had international patents on the design concept (not just what it looks like, but the fact that it is multi-function)
My understanding is that Vorwerk only patented the TM31 not the TM21.  That is why the Chinese are only copying the old technology of the TM21 - well for now anyway!.

The TM21 was patented ... it has now expired which is why we are getting all the knock off's based on the old technology. Note that none of them really do come close to the TM31.  ;)

As for China and it's knock offs, no they don't care about patents ... and most people are not aware that they are buying an item that has patent's on it and has been unlawfully copied  :-))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:09:43 am by faffa_70 »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 06:25:49 am »
Does anyone know if you can buy the white casing for the TM.  I would like to get a spare one so I can get is sprayed a different colour.

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:39 am »
Interesting, it fries and one of the recipes has 1200C.
Sue from North Queensland

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:57 am »

;)

This factory is under an hour away from where we live... Still takes 10 days to get repairs done!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 06:30:13 am »
Does anyone know if you can buy the white casing for the TM.  I would like to get a spare one so I can get is sprayed a different colour.

Dont think you can.. You can get stickers though which you can personalise however you want

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 06:33:58 am »
Oh and this doesnt surprise me re knock offs snd china hav no laws against copyright so no chance fighting them anyway.. Just hope people dont g sucked in thinking its an actual thermomix which is who im thinking they are tryi g to target.. Those who have heard of th thx but havent seen one and buy it... Then realise the error of their ways...