Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6069834 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22935 on: July 03, 2019, 06:47:34 pm »
Walked with two friends to a local town.We stopped for coffee and cake then walked backed home. It was lovely walking in the summer sunshine.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22936 on: July 04, 2019, 02:56:45 am »
That sounds lovely ... both the walk and the weather.  Are you suffering the extreme heat that Europe is?
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22937 on: July 04, 2019, 12:04:27 pm »
That sounds as though it may have been a long walk Denise. How far between the towns ?

I had my Pap smear today. The doctor pointed out that as they are now due every 5 years I don’t need to have any more if I don’t wish too. I also got the results of the bone density test I had done a few weeks ago. All very good.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22938 on: July 04, 2019, 12:43:48 pm »
Walked the puppy as DS was with DH spraying the paddocks! She is called Pepper .
Yesterday we managed to take the Ace , like a quad bike but heaps safer , for a service to Ballarat . Love these days as I get to read all the way . We hit the boys tool shops DD and I sat in the car I got to read more and DD prepared for Office works - for printing out A3 think that is right , sheets for Vis Com art . Boys to Bunnings us office works ... even got a large framed white board for less than $10 ! We spent a lot of time in town shopping . But th3 best part was going to The Provincal Hotel for lunch , it is so beautiful smartly set out and the decor is amazing . A girlfriend has her paintings on display there too , a great big kookaburra, cow few more just huge . We then went to Snooze as I need to ditch my down feather pillow for a tempra memory one . They are sending it as they had none left except display one . We then did boys clothes shop and RB Sellers for all three . DS is so tall now he fitted into men’s small . We picked up the Ace . Home now why do we always have something happen .. this mad oncoming driver passed a truck and headed straight for us as in he just move back in time but DH slammed the breaks with the trailer on the back . All good . Home for 5 mins then left DH to cook the fish and veg we got at Wilson’s Lucas and put it all away , I went to book club ! Really it was a relaxing day as I gift to test pillows for half an hour .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22939 on: July 05, 2019, 08:35:40 am »
That was a close shave KAtie. Still sounds like a busy day to me. 😀😀😀😀😀

My brother came over this morning with his wife. He pointed out it was an 84km round trip! I think he was hoping I would comment. All I said that it was the same distance for us. He is a bit of a tease.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22940 on: July 05, 2019, 08:39:40 pm »
That sounds lovely ... both the walk and the weather.  Are you suffering the extreme heat that Europe is?
No Marina. We aren’t experiencing the same temperatures as Europe.

That sounds as though it may have been a long walk Denise. How far between the towns ?

I had my Pap smear today. The doctor pointed out that as they are now due every 5 years I don’t need to have any more if I don’t wish too. I also got the results of the bone density test I had done a few weeks ago. All very good.
The local town is about 5 kms away Cookie. There and back we walked about 10 kms.

I went grocery shopping with DS today.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22941 on: July 05, 2019, 11:05:37 pm »
CC, that sounds nice.  Especially coffee with friend.
K Atie, big day in Ballarat.  We went to The Provincial’s Lola Restaurant for Rals Birthday Dinner.  Think we might go there for Breakfast next. 
Cleaning out Chook shed today. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22942 on: July 06, 2019, 12:32:43 pm »
Went to Lorne today to the Live Wire Park . Kids did the circuits in the tree tops , there are many scary manovers , ropes stepping planks all in the tree tops . Then the Zip line , basically sitting in a harness and zooming in loops . DH and I will have permanent bent backwards necks from looking up for two hours . Popped into Lorne for an ice cream . Home trip involved hitting a kangaroo... all ok thankfully the bull bar worked , DH said he was thinking of not getting one on his next 4w drive car ! 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22943 on: July 07, 2019, 01:09:05 am »
Handy that you did have it for that kangaroo Katie, DH will probably change his mind now.  I don’t think I could look up for 1/2 an hour let alone 2 hours at those wire parks, how’s your neck this morning?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22944 on: July 07, 2019, 07:17:45 am »
Phew, thank goodness for bull bars or should I say roo bars. We have only ever hit 3 or 4 and each time the roo bar saved damage.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22945 on: July 07, 2019, 08:48:43 am »
Judy my neck is ok , just moved around the treetop walk so we could see them better. Quiet day reading DD doing school work DS mowed the lawn , for the puppy!! No5 the back garden ,priorities change !! DS now fixing a trailer in the workshop DH feeding sheep. Just walked and feed the puppy Pepper .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22946 on: July 08, 2019, 12:07:32 pm »
Housework today.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22947 on: July 09, 2019, 12:15:36 am »
Had a meeting with our builder today and he said we should be able to get initial access to our top deck in a week or two.  Very exciting.  All the builders have been raving on for ages about the great view from up there (winding me up no end!) and I keep nagging them to let me up ... I think they get way too much enjoyment out of winding me up, though, to give in too soon (maybe I should cut back on my home baking "bribes").  Anyway, we will get to see the deck and the view for ourselves before long  :)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22948 on: July 09, 2019, 02:32:51 am »
You’ve been very patient Marina, how exciting for you that you’ll soon see the view for yourself.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22949 on: July 09, 2019, 09:32:53 am »
Marina, how have you coped?  Couldn’t you sneak up. ? Don’t spoil them too much with your goodies, they will do a go slow.
Lost the internet this afternoon.