Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037204 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22905 on: June 23, 2019, 11:46:04 pm »
Lovely photos Cookie.
Judy, Bunnings sausage sizzle is a family joke here. One day DH said we were going out for lunch and  guess where we went.  :) :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22906 on: June 24, 2019, 03:48:16 am »
LOL Margaret, your DH has a great sense of humour. They were particularly nice this time so one was not enough, they were cooked by some Greek people. They’re a great fundraiser and the volunteers are very nice people.
I’ve been to gym this morning and now I have the mobile mechanic here.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22907 on: June 24, 2019, 08:47:49 am »
Lovely photos Cookie.
Judy, Bunnings sausage sizzle is a family joke here. One day DH said we were going out for lunch and  guess where we went.  :) :)

That is exactly where my DH would take me for lunch>
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22908 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:52 am »
It was quite nice in the sun this afternoon so I decided to prune the roses.  They actually belong to the neighbours but I usually do them.  The house next door has been empty for 12 months and we hardly ever see the owners.   I think we have renters arriving in a couple of weeks.  I hope they are quiet people.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22909 on: June 24, 2019, 10:44:53 pm »
DD DS and I are doing lots of shopping in between Dentist and Doctor appointments . dad had her flu injection but DS was unwell so back this morning to see if he is OK then flu injection for him . Out for breakfast with my DB were we had turmeric  porridge , yum . New school shoes DD , pillow for DS . Saw DM while kids walked her dog . She is doing very well . DS had soup for dinner and felt better , hope he is OK .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22910 on: June 25, 2019, 08:31:01 am »
A close friend turned 75 so we picked him and his wife up in the EJ and took them out for coffee. None of us eat cake but decided to share one. He chose a vanilla slice and the lovely café cut it beautifully into 4, put each bit on a plate with a dob of cream and piece of strawberry. We will definitely be going back there.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:44:55 am by cookie1 »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22911 on: June 25, 2019, 12:50:39 pm »
Looks a delicious choice of cake Cookie 😋😋
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22912 on: June 25, 2019, 02:28:55 pm »
What a great cafe .
We just managed to put so much into a day ! DS had his flu vac , he is fine now , i thought possible appendix! We just seemed to go everywhere. Office works ,cotton on for tracksuit pants DS .. then please mum go in the opposite direction to a Bonds outlet for a few things ,... that lead to the shop assistant and I both not looking where we were going and crashed into the men’s  undie rack set the whole rack of undies and me flying , all ok but my back was out all day . Lunch yes let's sit for awhile and re group . NGV Alexander Caldwell exhibition for DD !! Orthotics appointment late arvo for both and I got my feet done too ! Kids Mum it's dark outside and we have no dinner ! Truly more to do yes go to DM to walk her dog , this is an old Hungarian Vishla she waited by the window for an hour for DD to walk her . Had a glass of wine with DM . So I admitt I was snappy tom by now . Bed looked very good at this point . Bring on tomorrow...

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22913 on: June 26, 2019, 02:55:34 am »
K Atie, I get exhausted just reading what you manage to do in a day.  By the time I have finished the weekly shop I need a nanna nap :)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #22914 on: June 26, 2019, 04:41:59 am »
I am truly sorry to hear about your back, K Atie, I really am ... but I freely admit I had a good chuckle at your adventures with the men's undies rack!  You should see if the shop has it on video and get a copy for a home movies night  :D
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22915 on: June 26, 2019, 09:04:15 am »
KAtie you are so very busy. I also had a chuckle about the undies rack.
Many years ago I took Mum to buy  new outfit for Dad's funeral. I rushed ahead and explained to the shop lady. We had my adult brother and DD (who was an adult too) with us. Mum eventually selected an outfit and DD and brother said "quick, let's get out of here!"  Down the road they explained that they had changed all the clothing on 2 racks from sorted according to size, to sorted according to colour. Talk about brats.
It did give a good laugh though.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22916 on: June 26, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
On a glorious day my Probus headed off on a mystery tour and we ended up in Hahndorf, we never tire of that tourist town in the Adelaide Hills. We all bought up big at the Beerenberg factory before descending on the township’s shops.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22917 on: June 26, 2019, 01:10:17 pm »
K Atie, I also feel exhausted reading what you get up to.  Glad your mum and DS are both ok. Look after that back of yours.
Our DS in Melbourne has been quite ill with the flu, even though he has had the injection.  GS also I’ll, but only a cold. I think the kids get run down at the end of term 2. We have to make an effort to keep away from crowds and anyone with a cold or flu as Rals immune system is low.
Judy, love the Adelaide Hills villages. Your Probus club is certainly active.  There are several around Ballarat.  The better ones are full.  No new members.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22918 on: June 27, 2019, 04:03:20 am »
I love Hahndorf and the Beerenberg factory too Judy. The Adelaide Hills have a magic about them.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22919 on: June 27, 2019, 01:50:06 pm »
They had some simmer sauces this time cookie so I bought 4 different types. I’ve not used  simmer sauces before but I’m a lazy cook these days and I’m sure they will be much better than the cheap supermarket varieties.