Author Topic: White Chocolate, Lemon & Poppyseed Biscuits  (Read 10563 times)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
White Chocolate, Lemon & Poppyseed Biscuits
« on: June 08, 2010, 05:04:26 am »
White Chocolate, Lemon & Poppyseed Biscuits

Servings: 36 (I got 48!)

Ingredients
100 g butter
110 g Raw Sugar
1 Tbs grated lemon rind (approx 5g)
150 g NESTLÉ White Melts, melted
1 egg
340 g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbs poppyseeds (approx 10g)
FOR SERVING:
300 g NESTLÉ White Melts, melted
1 Tbs grated lemon rind (approx 5g)

Procedure
1. Melt choc melts - either in TM bowl on 80o for a couple of minutes and set aside or in microwave on medium power level

2. Grate lemon rind on speed 7 for 20 seconds

3. Add sugar and mill on speed 9 for 3 seconds

4. Add butter and cream on speed 3 for 1 minute until light and creamy.

5. With blades running on speed 4 add NESTLE White Melts through hole in the lid and mix well.

6. Add egg and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds until well combined.

7. Add  flour, baking powder and poppyseeds and fold in on speed 4 for 15-20 seconds.

8. Shape dough to a log approx 20cm long and wrap in baking paper and refrigerate 30 minutes.

9. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.

10. Cut dough into 5mm thick slices and place cut side up on prepared oven trays.

11. Bake in batches for 15 minutes until light golden.

12. Cool on wire racks.

To serve,

1. Combine remaining NESTLE White Melts and lemon rind and dip biscuits so they are half coated.

2. Place on baking paper until set.

Converted from here
Web Page: http://www.nestle.com.au/nestlerecipe/recipe/White-Chocolate--Lemon---Poppyseed-Biscuits-Recipe.aspx

I never got to put the extra chocolate on these as my family liked them just the way they are  ;D ;D ;D

members' comments

KLC79 - YUM YUM, thanks. Cooked these up last week, made HEAPS. They keep very well though. Not sure the white chocolate is an essentail ingredient, have you tried them without? Just thinking of my ever expanding waistline!

CP -  in my oven they cooked just right for 12 mins. I overcooked two trays at 15 mins because I was working on the computer and wasn't watching and it makes all the difference. Made heaps tho and the one tray that was not burnt are very nice.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:21:45 pm by judydawn »
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Re: White Chocolate, Lemon & Poppyseed Biscuits
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:37 am »
Can't wait to make these Faffa.  I'm always looking for some new biscuits to keep the Grandchildren happy!!
Thank-you

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 05:18:31 am »
I know what you mean Trudy, I am always on the look out for new biscuits for my lot. We go through a few a week with just lunchboxes!! Mine are a bit fussy though and don't like the soft types (which I love - maybe a blessing there lol)  ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:09:15 am »
hope to give these a try in the next couple of days. fingers crossed that when I open up the poppyseed container the pantry moths haven't been having been using it as a maternity hospital  :-))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:03 am »
These look lovely Kathryn.

CP63 are you having fun with pantry moths? We seem to have them and yet there is nothing in the pantry with them. They seem to be coming from somewhere and it is frustrating that I can't find where.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 09:53:42 am »
Bay leaves don't work. We have those sticky little tents that they are supposed to be attracted to, on which we have managed to catch some, but I will need to buy more as we are running out of sticky space. The rest are just evading us somehow. We have lavae climbing all over the ceiling. I vacume them and brush them down, and there will be a lull for a couple of days when you think you must be getting on top of them and then WHAMMO! the cycle starts again.

Even since this morning there must have been some hatchlings, as there are about 20 climbing over the ceiling this arvo.
Most of my flours and things are either in air-tight containers, or I fold packets down about 3 times and peg off. I heard that they are in the packets when you buy them, but can't see why we have them more than anyone else  ??? :-[ :-\ :'(

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:18:46 am »
Oh! how I sympathise with you CP63.  Last year I purchased a bag of dried chillies and didn't realise that it contained those little critters.  You have no idea how much I  got rid of - it took ages before this problem seemed to calm down and now fingers crossed we have none!!!

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »
We are just getting on top of ours now!! We have had those tents too, we went through 6 of them - because they were full  :-\ :-\ I think they ended up helping, but I still to this day have no idea where they came from. Everything is sealed in my pantry, Tupperware have made their money out of me  ;) ;) I still get the odd couple of moths a day which quickly meet with the fly swat  :D :D I WILL WIN

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:36 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem. They are everywhere, as moths and larvae. The fly swat is working over time.
Where do you buy these tents?  Will have a look when I go shopping today. I've never had them this bad. I always insist that everything is in sealed containers BUT DH bought some birdseed in bulk and I think it may have been the culprit- it has been banished to his shed.  He can have the pesky things. ;D

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 04:56:13 am »
You get them in Coles and Woolies Cookie in with the fly spray etc they are called moth traps. Supposed to last about 3 months but we filled our in weeks!!!  :o :o :o Good luck

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 05:06:36 am »
i'm not going to speak too soon, but i may have found the motherload last night. there were about 3 x half empty packets of nuts (all nicely folded over) but when unfolded there were webs, and larvae galore  :o :o :o fingers crossed that was it, but will keep trying to get rid of the ones that have hatched. they are a real problem.

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 05:10:47 am »
Fingers crossed CP63 - I have found if it isn't in a container then it is a problem, needless to say my Tupperware lady has made a bucket load out of me!!!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:15:08 am »
you are probably right about having to have containers for everything. i got a bit paranoid a while back, because one of my DS friends opened up the pantry and commented "wow! is your mum addicted to tupperware or what!!"  :D so i probably should buy a bit more now...

Offline faffa_70

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 05:54:44 am »
ROFLMAO I get that all the time and I get ribbed from the family too - I need to buy more that is why we had the problem as I had packets!!! Think I finally have the licence now to just get what I need  ;D ;D

Every time I have a Tupperware party my pantry gets opened by someone (often a friend) and shown (I personally think my friends are jealous!!)  ;) ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 07:30:33 am »
Looks like the pantry is going to get a massive clean out. DH sometimes puts things away with only a peg on the top. After all my fuss and carry on it is sure to be something that I've bought and not put away properly.