Author Topic: Lemon Chicken  (Read 39717 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Lemon Chicken
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »
😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:27 am »
We had this for dinner tonight and it was lovely.
It's been ages since I used my varoma.
I used chicken breast, so reduced the cooking time as I didn't want it to become dry.
We had it with rice and vegies.

Plenty left over for lunch tomorrow.
Thanks for another great recipe Chookie!  ;D
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 10:04:05 am »
Katie, I will probably use breast when I do this recipe too. How much did you reduce the cooking time by? :)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 11:38:37 am »
Yum! Miss 11 did a My Kitchen Rules night and did this for the main. Very nice indeed!

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 11:43:11 am »
What were your other courses Nikki? Did you get a good score from the judges? ;D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 12:19:40 pm »
At "The Fairy Finale" (Finale has the little flicky thing on the 'e'  and I don't know how to do that!) Instant Restaurant Entree was Caremlised Onion Tart, main was Lemon Chicken served with steamed rice and a baby spinach salad and dessert was mixed berry eton mess.
Miss 11 (the fairy fanatic) did a lot (and it was darned good too!) and her scores were pretty high - "Manu" (my Aunty) gave scores of 18 out of 10, 23 out of 10 and 15 out of 10 along with her version of what Manu would have said! (which was hilarious! And I think the scores were so high because my aunty does all the cooking at her house - no-one ever cooks for her, so she just loved it) 
"Pete" (my Mum) gave lower scores ("Manu" thought she was a bit harsh!) 15, 12 and 8 out of 10.
Miss 11 had set the table all on her own, did the plating up (as apparently I am no good at that side of things  :-)) ) and was very serious about the whole evening, she is busting to do a MKR with me!
You should have seen the state of the kitchen when we had finished - thank goodness the judges decided they had better help with the dishes!

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Lemon Chicken
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 12:22:18 pm »
sounds like a fun night ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 12:25:01 pm »
Nikkit,  did Miis 11 follow the instructions as written?   I may have taken more trouble with the writing if I thought kiddies were going to follow the recipe.  Sounds like good fun.

Have just read your comments.  Sounds like a good time was had by all.  A budding chef there.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2013, 12:30:39 pm »
6 people have made your recipe already Chookie, it deserves the title 'recipe of the week'  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:23 pm »
OK Judy, new category.    Easy,  cheap and tasty. Ha Ha.    Might encourage more people to use the Varoma. 

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
I cooked this again without adding any salt. It was fantastic and easy.
I doubled the recipe in two bowls and used drumsticks with skin on and thigh fillets with no skin.
It was very tasty and is now a favourite.
Thank you Chookie.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »
This is on our menu plan for this week. Can't wait to try it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:28 pm »
Bootobethin,  glad you have solved the salt issue.  Good to know that the chicken legs work.

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »
At "The Fairy Finale" (Finale has the little flicky thing on the 'e'  and I don't know how to do that!) Instant Restaurant Entree was Caremlised Onion Tart, main was Lemon Chicken served with steamed rice and a baby spinach salad and dessert was mixed berry eton mess.
Miss 11 (the fairy fanatic) did a lot (and it was darned good too!) and her scores were pretty high - "Manu" (my Aunty) gave scores of 18 out of 10, 23 out of 10 and 15 out of 10 along with her version of what Manu would have said! (which was hilarious! And I think the scores were so high because my aunty does all the cooking at her house - no-one ever cooks for her, so she just loved it) 
"Pete" (my Mum) gave lower scores ("Manu" thought she was a bit harsh!) 15, 12 and 8 out of 10.
Miss 11 had set the table all on her own, did the plating up (as apparently I am no good at that side of things  :-)) ) and was very serious about the whole evening, she is busting to do a MKR with me!
You should have seen the state of the kitchen when we had finished - thank goodness the judges decided they had better help with the dishes!

Nikki, that sounds like a wonderful night :D Miss 11 is certainly very keen, maybe when she is older you can apply for MKR ;D

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 09:07:59 am »
Katie, I will probably use breast when I do this recipe too. How much did you reduce the cooking time by? :)

Sorry Amy only just saw this - I cooked it for around 10 minutes less.  I cut the chicken breast into quite large pieces, hoping it might not dry out.  It wasn't dry at all.

I cooked rice in the basket at the same time, once the rice was cooked I placed it in my Thermoserver and continued steaming the chicken.

The left-overs where nice for lunch at work today.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child