Author Topic: Everyday cookbook Lasagne recipe quantities  (Read 5893 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Everyday cookbook Lasagne recipe quantities
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:26:15 am »
Have just made this for the first time for tomorrow night's tea and my first comment is - I wish they would tell you the size of dish and how many serves it makes.  I used a 15cm x 26cm x 6cm deep dish which held 3 layers of pasta and I reckon I'll get 6 serves - what do you all use out there?  I also had 1-1/2 cups bechamel sauce left over because DH isn't that keen on too much of this type of sauce between the layers. Looks like a tuna mornay coming up mid-week with the leftovers.  I also had heaps of parmesan cheese left over too, the recipe says sprinkle lightly between the layers which I did and I don't think I even used half of it.  Will review it after tomorrow night's tea, smells great.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
Re: Everyday cookbook Lasagne recipe quantities
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 06:30:34 am »
Judy, when I make this I put it in a dish that is 35cmx28x5cm and usually make it about 4 layers deep.  It is a huge dish of lasagne and does at least 2 meals for 5 of us.  I often freeze half of it.
I use my own sauce recipe (which I usually slow cook for some hours) and the cookbook bechamel. 
Actually, I think that I had some bechamel left over last tiem, too!
I usually put some fresh parmesan in the bechamel and a mix of parmesan and mozarella on top.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 06:48:52 am »
Thanks Amanda, thought it should feed a lot more people.  With mine being deeper, guess each slice doesn't need to be as big so maybe I will get more like 10 serves out of it. I will take a couple of serves around to Mum and hopefully will have some leftover to freeze too. I have a dish around the size you mentioned so next time will certainly use that.

Offline riv_mum

• View Profile
    • Thermotalk
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:29:49 pm »
i always have heaps of cheese sauce left over also even though my family likes more cheese sauce than meat between the layers!!!
Sheree
Tupperware and Thermomix Consultant.
www.thermotalk.webs.com

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 01:55:28 pm »
On the topic of Lasagne, a really tasty and lighter alternative to the cheese sauce is to use ricotta instead.  A friend made a huge lasagne when I first had Grace and used ricotta instead of the cheese sauce and gee it sat much ligher in my stomach without all the sauce.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 02:00:58 pm »
Yes I can see that it would ILB - did she sprinkle just a little bit of parmesan on the top though.  I think I would have to have some cheese somewhere :P :P :P

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 02:03:48 pm »
I think she did ( you're testing my memory here... ) maybe some chedder/mozzerella and parmesan???

Other times I've made it with ricotta used through the dish and then the cheese sauce on the top - which works well too.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog