Author Topic: Ezekial or Bible Bread  (Read 56039 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Ezekial or Bible Bread
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 06:16:52 am »
I've been out and bought the ingredients I didn't have for this bread and am looking forward to making it. Will keep you posted.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 06:36:11 am »
I hope you like it Cookie.  It is a favourite of our family.  It is another wet dough - but I find it cooks up well.
Chelsea  :)

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 06:40:32 am »
I've just noticed that Caroline's 2nd list has soy flour in it but the first doesn't.  The 2nd list is the one with the one loaf mix and the first list is the bulk mix.

Can anyone clarify?  I want to make this soon, hopefully on the weekend.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 10:37:31 am »
I noticed that the two lists were different. I was going to go with the first list as I thought it would possibly be the correct one. I was just going to try tablespoons instead of cups of each ingredient.
Perhaps someone who has made it can help please?

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 01:54:53 pm »
I've just noticed that Caroline's 2nd list has soy flour in it but the first doesn't.  The 2nd list is the one with the one loaf mix and the first list is the bulk mix.

I think the supermix ingredients have changed in the newer publications of Changing Habits, Changing Lives (Cyndi O'Meara).  Using a copy of the book that I borrowed from the library I made my first batch of supermix with amaranth grains.  I remember using the TMX to grind the tiny grains into flour.  I just checked my copy of the book that I recently purchased of ebay however and the amaranth/quinoa isn't listed, but soya flour is.  I think the library copy may have been more recent but I'm not 100% sure.  :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 04:24:07 pm »

I think the supermix ingredients have changed in the newer publications of Changing Habits, Changing Lives (Cyndi O'Meara).  Using a copy of the book that I borrowed from the library I made my first batch of supermix with amaranth grains.  I remember using the TMX to grind the tiny grains into flour.  I just checked my copy of the book that I recently purchased of ebay however and the amaranth/quinoa isn't listed, but soya flour is.  I think the library copy may have been more recent but I'm not 100% sure.  :)
Yes - If you have the pair of books  you'll see the original book (pub 1998) has the amaranth/quinoa and the Cook Book (pub 2002) just has Soya flour ;)2

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 06:57:49 pm »
Which shows I must have picked up a different book to the first one I used  ;D  I do have 2.  Didn't spot the difference, though.  Not observant enough.

Incidentally, I just mix and match flours pretty much according to what I have to hand.  It always works out well, and tastes always tastes delicious - well, except for when I'm being all faddy and pregnant  >:(  This poor child - I usually eat so healthily, but even into the 2nd trimester it's still an effort to eat a good range of healthy food.  I often don't manage it.  Hope it isn't a sign of how s/he will want to eat!!!!  :o :P
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:46:06 am »
Thanks everyone,  :D the 5 seed bread has just come out of the oven and the Ezekial bread is next. I will be interested to compare the 2 and see which DH prefers. DD and I like the Cape Seed bread.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 08:15:58 am by Thermomixer »

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 06:05:04 am »
Yes - If you have the pair of books  you'll see the original book (pub 1998) has the amaranth/quinoa and the Cook Book (pub 2002) just has Soya flour ;)2

I have the more recent edition of the original "Changing Habits, Changing Lives" book (Published in 2000) which has soya flour listed.  Cyndi must have changed it to match the cookbook.  :) 

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:16 am »
the 5 seed bread has just come out of the oven

Made this today myself in the Romertopf and whilst the taste and the seedy look was there, I would have given it 7/10. I think it failed mostly in the Looks Department ...and will try the bread tin tomoz. There looked like a lot of sloppy mixture and I was scared it was going to overflow over the bread tin top and make a mess in the oven.  :-))
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 04:40:41 am »
Well we have eaten and compared the ezekial bread and 5 seed bread. We found the ezekial bread a little sweet. The textures are quite different too. Generally I think we preferred the 5 seed. It's that bit easier to make too. The ezekial will still get made though.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13:19 am »
I love Cyndi's loaf & have always made the supermix with amaranth or quinoa & not soya flour.

To make up less of the supermix simply maintain the ratios.  This means where is says "cups" substitute "unit" so you could use a 1/3 cup as your unit & make up 1/3 the amount.  This is what I do & then put the mix into zip lock bags in the pantry until ready to use.  It keeps fine.  You could put it in the fridge I guess if you are concerned about rancidity.

When I initially found it to be a bit wet I simply chucked more flour in to get a consistency I like.  Going to try the 5 seed tomorrow & see what that turns out like.

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 05:41:04 pm »

For those who just want to make a single loaf, and not the Bread Mix for multiple loaves, here's the recipe:

2.5 cups flour
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp maize flour
1 tbsp ground almonds
1 tbsp soy flour
1 tbsp linseeds
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp besan flour
2 tbsp rolled oats
1 and third cups filtered water
1 tbsp oil
1.5 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried yeast or 2.5cm square compressed yeast, crumbled.  (but I use less water, and more yeast.  I use 2 kitchen tsp of yeast, and about 250ml of water)

I made this wonderful bread last night. I used 310 g of white spelt flour, 25 g fresh yeast and changed to  black sesame seeds. Thank you Caroline for sharing  :)

Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 01:35:52 am »
I'm impressed - looks great  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »
Congratulations.