Author Topic: Slow cooker recipes  (Read 39372 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Slow cooker recipes
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 10:40:00 pm »
Thans for bumping this :D
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 09:26:37 am »
I've recently bought Sally Wise's Slow Cooker 2 book. It's very good.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 11:03:54 am »
I've recently bought Sally Wise's Slow Cooker 2 book. It's very good.

I've got the first book and it's great.  I just bought A Year in a Bottle today to get some ideas for preserves

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
Re: Re: Slow cooker recipes
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 12:21:01 am »
I said on the forum before I love my slow cooker as much as TM.  I love caramelised onions and in summer I use them in quiches salads etc I have made the in my TM and loved them but today I am of to work and plan to have quiche with caramelised onions for lunch tomorrow so I found this great link for using the slow cooker http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/crock-pot-caramelized-onions-slow-and-steady-does-the-trick/
They are on now and be ready when I get home.  Easy

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:23 am »
Thanks for the link BB :). One of the baking chains has a scroll with cheese and caramelised onions which is pretty yummy so I might give this a go and see if I can come up with an acceptable substitute for school lunches this week.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:52 am »
Will need to get a slow cooker.. Wont have as much time and those slow cooked caramalised onions sound great.. Thx..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
Re: Re: Slow cooker recipes
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2013, 06:30:56 am »
Bumping this thread seeing as its getting into winter and the slow cookers are coming out! Just wondering if anyone has used their TMX as a slow cooker? I remember hearing (from my consultant I think) that TMX does slow cooked food in a third of the time cos its constantly moving in the bowl? Would be interested to hear more people's opinions... :)
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Slow cooker recipes
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 02:54:36 am »
Gert, I decided to cook my usual chicken curry in the slow cooker today. Instead of 1-half hour on stovetop.

Looked for a quick lesson on slow cooking on Mr Google. This one was easy and fast to read. http://busycooks.about.com/od/slowcookerrecipes/a/crockpot102.htm

Off to throw things into the slow cooker now :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 07:37:08 am »
love my slow cooker too.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:05 am »
Now that I've got the pressure cooker not sure if I will slow cook much anymore. We much prefer the texture of meat and depth of flavour from the pressure cooker. I use the slow cooker recipes in my PC though so still interested in any recipes.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 08:25:29 am »
Put dinner on late morning in the slow cooker... 😁😁😁.. Chicken stroganoff based on chelseas ingredients but with chicken.. After mich said how much she loved the chicken strog and maddy mentioned she preferred chelseas version..definately seeing the advantages of a slow cooker... Even if you have a busy weekend or are out all day you can come back to a cooked dinner.. Loving that :). Will do mash in thermie..slow cooker just threw it all in except coated the chicken in a flour paprika salt mix before throwing that in..

Ok update.. Chicken is not meant to be slow cooked.. Sauce fine but chicken too dry but edible but yuk as cant stand it dry.. Think next time would just cook it in thermie and leave the beef etc for the slow cooker..

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 09:35:51 pm »
Think i made a mistake with the slow cooker function.. Said exhaust valve should be open i had it closed lol.. Still getting used to it.. Does the 6 in 1 or 5 in 1 have low or high slow cooker function??

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 12:23:36 am »
Frozzie, chicken can be so moist and flavousome in the SC, just be careful not to overcook it.
Or another trick is to cook it in an oven bag inside the slowcooker - even more tender and juicy....and no mess in the bowl!  ;D
:D

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 12:56:41 am »
Astarra that sounds like a great idea. How long do you generally cook chicken dishes for?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 01:07:45 am »
Ok update.. Chicken is not meant to be slow cooked.. Sauce fine but chicken too dry but edible but yuk as cant stand it dry.. Think next time would just cook it in thermie and leave the beef etc for the slow cooker..

Which cut did you use Kim?  I've had chicken cacciatore using Maryland portions down at DD's and they were lovely.  I'd probably not use chicken breast meat in the SC, I always prefer thighs for moist meat.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.