Author Topic: Basic Crackers  (Read 55681 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Basic Crackers
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 06:50:11 am »
GOOD POINT  - reminds me of a Nigella Lawson episode where she made honeycomb for a friend and appeared to devour it before reaching the destination.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 07:41:48 am »
Wow Nay-nay - those crackers look awesome - I have been looking at the recipe and wondering whether to bother with all the comments of puffing etc but now with your picture I shall definitely try them. I am holding a demo at my house next week and I shall make them the day before and use them with the dip - that should be impressive!
Shayla in Cape Town

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 07:51:50 am »
Wow Nay-nay - those crackers look awesome - I have been looking at the recipe and wondering whether to bother with all the comments of puffing etc but now with your picture I shall definitely try them. I am holding a demo at my house next week and I shall make them the day before and use them with the dip - that should be impressive!
Shayla in Cape Town
For sure! I was thinking the same thing. If you got the customer to whip up their own batch for delivery demo it would impress! ;)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 07:53:27 am »
brilliant!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:02 am »
Nay-nay, well done. Those crackers are inspirational.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 09:20:56 am »
They certainly look very professional, I may just give them another whirl!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:25 am »
They look great, well done.  :)

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 03:07:11 pm »
Awww ...Thanks guys! :-)) I'll live off these comments until my next flop. Knowing me that is just around the corner.  8)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 05:28:24 am »
We're having a TMX get together or cook off or lots of fun on Friday with friends so I think I'll make some of these to take for the dips.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 10:44:03 am »
I did a trial run of these today and took everyones hints on board. I found a similar recipe in the Vegetarian book and so made these changes.

I added about 12 peppercorns and ground them with 30g parmesan and a couple of sundried tomatoes and about a ¼ teaspoon of italian herbs. I then added all the other ingredients.
They're really tasty. I didn't roll them that thin so that I could see through them but went about 1-2 mm in thickness. They're very crunchy. DH and I have consumed about ½ of them. I sprinkled salt on some of them and rolled it in.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:01 pm »
Yeah, I thought I'd seen a recipe that was similar! I'll give these a go.

Had to laugh at the comment about Nigella's honeycomb. I tried making it twice and no way did it turn out like hers, mine was gooey. I can't believe that she actually ate it all before she got there!! I'm quite grossed out watching her eat, how can one person consume so much food?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 05:33:01 am »

Had to laugh at the comment about Nigella's honeycomb. I tried making it twice and no way did it turn out like hers, mine was gooey. I can't believe that she actually ate it all before she got there!! I'm quite grossed out watching her eat, how can one person consume so much food?

It is TV - so probably not quite the whole story - but I could easily imagine it would happen.

Try 4 parts sugar, 1 part glucose and one part water - heat until it's bubbling & just starting to go yellow and then add some bicarb
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 12:47:32 pm »
Thanks Tmixer!! Yes, I'm sure it's only for TV, but it still makes me feel ill. Recently, on Nigella Bites, her children were the ones getting into the fridge in their jammies! That was cute.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 05:31:19 am »
I made these today, but they turned out very crumbly. It didn't make very many either. I made 2 trays but it really only made about 6 crackers in the centre surrounded by crumbs! It all tasted good, but certainly didn't produce heaps of lovely crackers. Not sure what I did wrong. I used ground up oats as my grain. Did I need to use any EVOO?

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 12:27:36 pm »
Gee I'm impressed with those crackers Nay-Nay!  I am going to have a crack myself tomorrow - I feel inspired!!  Thank you.