Author Topic: Exploring the TM5  (Read 35314 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Exploring the TM5
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2016, 01:39:54 am »
I apologise to you and Skyler Allen. I made a typo on her name. I have corrected it. I have a DD who goes crazy if her name is mis spelt.

I must agree with your statement about families cooking together. DD has been cooking since she was old enough to stand on a chair at the bench. She is now 35 and works in a very demanding job. Her fun time is adult Lego and cooking. Although she no longer needs the chair to reach the thermomix or Kitchen Aid.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2016, 02:47:32 am »
LOL, I'm glad to hear that cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:22 pm »
I apologise to you and Skyler Allen. I made a typo on her name. I have corrected it. I have a DD who goes crazy if her name is mis spelt.

No problem, I do that and a lot worst all the time.  :)

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »
Cupcakes and Waffles,

Saturday we had couple more grand-kid over for the night so my Saturday night and Sunday were busy, I made cupcake for the birthday party Red Velvet with white Vanilla icing was my order. Off to the web for the cake mix (I like trying new recipes) I found one call Southern Red Velvet it is a oil base cake (something I never had before and it was an easy switch to TMX), first add all the wet ingredients mix 30-45 seconds, speed 4/5 you are looking for a nice mix, no mayonnaise please, then sift all the dry ingredients twice (except the sugar only once the second sift) mix together about 60 seconds, speed 5, looking for a well mix wet batter. Cooking for cupcakes (24) 350f for about 20 minutes.

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoons red food coloring (1 ounce)
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe.html?oc=linkback

DW and Skyler and the 5 year old (Conner) decorated the cupcakes.

In the morning we had Waffles I mix the ingredients in my TM5  60 sec, speed 5, I normally make this by hand in a bowl, but the TM5 did a better job and added air to my batter. I had tried to make the batter before in my old blender (Vitamix) but found the container to be too narrow to get the batter out, the wider bowl of the of the TMX worked a lot better this time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:32:10 pm by Allen USA »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2016, 01:32:57 pm »
I bet the grandchildren love you Allen.  Great work there.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »
Great cooking Allen. 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2016, 08:32:08 pm »
I bet the grandchildren love you Allen.  Great work there.
Yes, they do love there grandparents, Alexandria always says  "grandpa makes the best bread" I  make her whole wheat bread and her busy Mom only give her store bought bread. The extra time we have after the kids are grow up. ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2016, 06:13:47 am »
The waffles and cupcakes look great Allen. Well done. You sound like you are having great fun.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2016, 02:27:25 am »
Today I hesitate on this post, but I am exploring the TM5 and this is what is happening. Up to this post it's been a bed of roses.

Within the first couple of days of cooking, I was cooking by the cookbook chip a screen pop up saying “deactivate reverse”  then the little reverse icon came on then the pop up window came back on, this probably happen 5-6 times then stop. Not sure on why this happen I keep moving forward. Then a few days later (8/31/16) it happen again, this time I had to tap next on the screen to clear it (I pass right by the step to add salt) not a critical step here noless I did miss it. I sent a email out to service @ thermomix.us  They where very fast in responding with a call and email they wanted to set up a video call so I could redo the steps when it happen, I explain to them it did not happen every time so a video call would not help. I was told they would get back with me by email, I quickly received a email asking me to check couple of thing and do a factory reset and to let them know when it was done. I did as they ask and respond back all went well until today (9/6/16) this time a scale window pop up something you don’t see when you are using the cookbook. I tried to grab my phone to get a video of it but by that time it had stop changing screens, but the pop up boxes was still there. I was able to get a video of it and showing I was unable to clear the screen. I had to turn the power off, then once it was back on I was able to finish my recipe. I sent service a email with the video I made, they respond back with a order number and telling me they will be shipping me a new one in the next 48 hours and provide me with a return shipping label for the TM5 I have now.

I was happy to see Thermomix do the right thing, I am hopeful that this is an isolated occurrence, anything man made will have a lemon get by now and then.

Things to note
It seem only to happen when I was using the cookbook, I never had a problem when I use it manually.
It happen with couple different recipes, so I do not think it's any special recipe.
I have recorded my serial number and firmware release to compare it to my new one I receive.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:34:52 am by Allen USA »

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2016, 02:39:39 am »
Sorry you are having problems Allen. No doubt there will be many teething problems with this machine in the US. Don't know if Vorwerek are really ready for it with they finally officially launch it. Hopefully they will have good distributors.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2016, 04:43:21 am »
What a nuisance Allen. It sounds as though they are aware of it and happy to replace your machine.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2016, 07:29:25 am »
A quick reaction from them, that's pleasing to hear Allen.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2016, 11:24:38 am »
Ladies, thank you for your support I am looking forward to having a Thermomix in my kitchen for many years, I just need Vorwerk to build a reliable machine and stand by what they sell. So far they are.

Offline Allen USA

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2016, 02:04:40 am »
I received my new Thermomix today :) and shipped my first one back, I have been using the first TM5 while I was waiting for my new one to arrive, it never miss a beat. The last couple of days I have not tried anything new, so it’s time for something different maybe some jam and some quick puff pastry. My DW and I will be head to the Florida Golf Beachs next week for a week of camping 8) so we have a lot going on right now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2016, 09:31:36 am »
That sounds lovely Allen. You will have to post some photos.